Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 gets killer app at launch
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 09:25
Ill take COD3 anyday. Its basically the same as Resistance(most likely better, judging by sonys past fps), except i dont have to buy a $600 console to play a game that " might" be decent
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 12, 2006 23:29

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Graphically Resistance is a let down and CoD3 is more impressive.
But I' m betting Resistance blows away CoD3 in gameplay. I' m still not sure what everybody sees in it, & I' ve given it a pretty fair chance. It does look nice though, I' ll certainly give it that.

The American levels of CoD3 destroy all but the Russian levels of CoD2. The Rest of the campaign doesn' t match up to CoD2...
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 13, 2006 09:57
Well 1up doesn' t think resistance FOM is all that

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3155102

The closest thing PS3 has to a killer app is Resistance. Which sucks, since all we want to do is play Gears of War.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 13, 2006 17:39

ORIGINAL: Terrak

Well 1up doesn' t think resistance FOM is all that

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3155102

The closest thing PS3 has to a killer app is Resistance. Which sucks, since all we want to do is play Gears of War.

Ah but you see, 1up is Microsoft biased anyway. Reviews are one persons opinion and since i don' t share the exact same opinion on anything with anyone then my take would probably be different than the reviewers. I may come to a similar conclusion and maybe even the same score but it' s unlikely it would be for the exact same reasons.

Resistance looks like an awesome game but i wouldn' t directly compare it to Gears anyway. I' d compare it to Halo 2 or CoD2/3. It looks waaaaaaay cooler than PDZ, Quake 4, Prey and Far Cry Instincts: Predator and even FEAR, ...it' s in another class completely and it probably is a killer app. However, i' ll wait and play it myself before deciding anything...

Hahaha, ...i' m waiting for Sony to announce that Killzone will be remade in 3rd person and will play just like Gears of War...
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: PS3 gets killer app at launch - Nov 13, 2006 18:14
Is it true that 1up was microsoft biased? Honestly i only visit the sight occasionaly because i had difficulty loading the site. Aren' t they some how related to EGM magazine, which i considered sony biased (but that was during the ps1 and N64 era, i haven' t read there mags recently)

Anyway as i read the sentence again its possible when they said ' which sucks' they may be refering to the situation i.e. that they prefer to play GoW then ps3s killer app Resistance, as opposed to the actual game sucking, which would be pretty harsh for a game that IGN considers worthy of a 9.1. LOL

I wouldn' t doubt for ps3 its a killer app, but honestly from what i have seen GoW looks alot more appealing to me then Resistance, and it maybe the same view held by 1up.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message