Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 firmware update and HS demo!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 63
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 04:16
Impressions..

Ok the first cut scene is something we' ve all seen (as is the rest of it) but to repeat, the lip syncing is very good motion capture is nice - Nariko is hott... not too fond of the voices though.

QTE was very simple, nothing here seems as desperate/fast as shenmue.

Gameplay. First the lack of a jump button is disappointing, and trying to do ariel combos because of it i find weird but i don' t get the move six axis up to jump and do air combo.

It' s not a walk all over game - the enemies can be challenging, and certainly more than 1 will attack you at a time. The counters are nice, and the game gives you reason to think.

It' s a shame the demo is so short - 1 qte and 2 battles.

It seems to move very fast too

It deserves a good score, though i can' t help but feel a little disappointed. As I' ve been having more fun with Symphony of the night. But this IS just a very small demo.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 04:24
Yeah,I knew HS would be crap,lets get hyped for Blue dragon,shall we?
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 04:26

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Yeah,I knew HS would be crap,lets get hyped for Blue dragon,shall we?

Your on your own with that one mate

Blue dragon can go suck balls

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 yummie
< Message edited by Gaiden Black -- 26 Jul 07 20:26:40 >
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 04:35
Marumaro > you and KH3.
uumai

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 04:36
As for impressions on RE5.

Blown away, the gameplay looks very much like RE5. But the visuals, very impressive.
Im guessing this is on the same engine as DMC4, which makes us ask, what happened to DMC4?? this games kicks its ass..

They is some nice " knock away the zombie-thing" moves

Looks hard lots of enemies on the screen at once, and chris always seems to be getting hit.
Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 04:48
SO theres no jump button that kinda hurts.

i dont see the appeal of blue dragon

combat is meh
characters are annoying
combat is boring

But yeah uumai, no jump button

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 04:54
HS

Well, my download was complete when i arrived back.

Installed it

Loaded it up..

Noticed it was a not so steady 30fps.. And no way to change to camera to view to pretty backgrounds

The game jumped right into a badly executed QTE inwhich never really went with the commands you supposed to perform, leaving me alittle confused, Put it this way, Shenmue' s were alot better.

Next Scene was on a tiny cliff inwhich you had to battle many enimies at once...This is were i noticed the weakness.. the fighting felt light and run-of-the-mill (not helped by no Rumble), after 5 seconds my thumb felt like it was gonna drop off AND i still had half the enemies to kill (i was using combos too).

This is Next generation Gaming?.. Meh, the basics have to be right before you plaster high res textures over them. The last brawler i played was SEGA' s Golden Axe (LIVE Demo), that felt much weightier and was much more fun to play..

Heavenly Sword Demo 6/10
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 04:55
The combat isn' t boring in BD if you' re used to JRPG.

The demo fails in one way because ...

A. you havn' t choosen skill to fit your own plan for each character.

B you happend to have tons of skills in the demo and feel overwhelmed and you have no experience on how they work and what you feel about them etc.

C .there is plenty of rpgs where the combat is " meh" but seeing how you level up and gain something on it,basically becoming stronger so the future adventure will be easier and bosses etc, you feel you gain something on every fight,even if you didn' t have fun with it.
But in a demo what do you gain on fighting monsters?
Nothing,your characters wont be saved and the level diffrence in the demo means nothing.

Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 05:11
Its dated in every way

Even the music is crap im a big fan of turned based combat but blue dragon was lacking something.

I hated the corporeal limit breaks thingy they had going on. Previous Final fantasy does it better which is surprising with this game being from the Father of FF.

Oh yeah and i would also find myself waiting there for 5mins not doing anything because the monsters have 10 MOVES before mine and somehow im dead without pressing a single button. [:' (]

hmmm i have been on 90% for a LONG TIME NOW
< Message edited by Gaiden Black -- 26 Jul 07 21:12:56 >
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 05:18
Actually the demo is very bizzare and it wont work like that in the full game.

In the demo your characters are so strong that the enemy is boosted like ´hjell too.

Just check your skills you can put on double attack,and revive and tons of super skills on each character.

And BTw the limit system is perfect in BD,and so is the boost charge system.

Also you have 5 characters if you thought the boss would only do one attack it would be to darn easy.

Just trhow a cure all to everyone with 1 player each round.
Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 05:23
I guess your right about that power level for the enemies. Maybe its me i just didnt feel good playing it.

I think im just getting sick of the final fantasy recipe ahh well theres always KINGDOM HEARTS 3
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 05:36
In the full game you can make more then one learn white magic and support.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 06:58
back on Topic....

I just download the Hs demo, and played through it 3 times so far. Its not 10 mins short, its 3 mins short AT BEST.. but no matter, the fact I played though it 3 times shows the gameplay dosent grate and is deeper than you would think..

so ya, after a gig download, I booted up the game, cool music I must say, standard fare menu and such, press start to play and a cut scene starts right away. Nothing I havent seen before but her hair just bugs me, its goes everywhere, did they really dedicate one spu to it?? anyway no matter, after the breif opening scene I get to play, one thing I got to say is that the graphics are quite nice, some lower res textures in one or two places but overall its looks excellant. the fps is steady enough at 30fps, I think its drops once or twice but nothing that I didnt really notice [word on the sreet is that this build is an old one used to keep the file size down] The controlls are very good too, I really liked the camera pan to the L2 R2 buttons.

it loads during the cut scenes too, but man I skiped it once and I swear I was waiting twice the length of the cut scene to load. Avoid that.

anyway getting on, you jump down some rope, some qte [not that hard, you can fail though] and then meet your first group of suckers, there are three stances to pick from, the normal one is default, L1 i think is the large swinging stance and R1 is the heavy duty stance, you can easily link them together to create some cool combos, Circle starts a throw sequances of sorts, I think you have to earn those though, It does remind me of god of war meets devil may cry. The six axis is also used in fights [aka when your in the middle of combo, put the controller in the air and she will jump and start fighting from there].

After those are dealt with, you cut all the ropes of the tower thing, it crashs into a building and fight again, larger group but more of the same i guess, I found it fun to pick up bodies/chairs/swords and throw them at people. once you beat them, 3 big ***s break the door down and the demo ends.

Seriously 3 minutes.

I did enjoy it though and will pick up the game when its out!
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 26 Jul 07 23:00:29 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 14:07

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

No can do. I' m in Canada for a while yet. Being busy...

Dude! What' s happening, were you going in to try for a cold call, or were you just checking out the place?

I would never turn up uninvited.

Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 27, 2007 16:47
10 minutes...................................yah fookin right. It' s not even that with the cutscene. Still, I enjoyed it, and I think VF5 just like everything he posts is complete horesh!t.

" Thumbs are falling off" ???????? Wtf kind of gamer are you. From that standpoint you should be bitching that wii sports makes your poor wittle arm tired. Did your mom not do wash underwear for you today or something? Games like this are made for quick button pressing(not mashing, you need to choose your attacks). If you can' t take it then go sit down with Pong or something, because moving pieces in tetris wears out your thumb as much as this game.

This is Next generation Gaming?.. Meh, the basics have to be right before you plaster high res textures over them. The last brawler i played was SEGA' s Golden Axe (LIVE Demo), that felt much weightier and was much more fun to play..

Why do you always have to exagerate so damn much????? I loved Golden Axe. Hell I not only bought a genesis to play it, but I spent tons of money on the game in arcades. But to say it is more fun to play and has a better feel than Heavenly Sword is just sad...........

I hate you.............................
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 28, 2007 01:01

Games like this are made for quick button pressing(not mashing, you need to choose your attacks). If you can' t take it then go sit down with Pong or something, because moving pieces in tetris wears out your thumb as much as this game.

Dude, you have terminator hands, be proud.

Logic.

Golden AXE is a Better fighting Game than that Demo i played. It' s much smoother, Does the basics to a tee and is alot more fun. I can see through a fighter with weak gameplay and crap cut-scenes married with so-called-next gen 3D graphics, thats a true gamer.

uumai

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 28, 2007 22:23
You don' t even need to press that quick, Noriko will hold the animation for a while for you to continue. Also it' s easily possible to play the entire demo with counters which hardly requires mashing buttons. The bvattle system, when you actually try to learn the combos it is very nice (i was skeptical at first).

Any negative feeling i had at first is now gone (with regard to gameplay - i still don' t like her voice) far far away, apparently this isn' t even the latest build and so the slight framerate issues people have notice should be sorted along with a couple of bugs.

Definate buy for me.

And sorry but " crap cut scene with so called next gen graphics" ? What' s crap about them? and whats so un-next gen about the graphics? For me, this statement takes away from your entire post, and shows me your mindset. Unless you care to show me some examples.

I' ve not tried golden axe remake, wish i could, so comparisons by me would be moot.
< Message edited by uumai -- 28 Jul 07 14:31:24 >
Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 29, 2007 01:03
Yeah this game is on my wish list.

Did you find it hard to the air combos because i did?
uumai

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 29, 2007 04:33
At first i did, but i got used to it on my third or so try.
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 firmware update and HS demo! - Jul 29, 2007 04:51
But what about Blue dragon?!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 63

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages