Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Games
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
PS3 Games - Aug 24, 2007 11:57
Hey all,

I' m planning on trading in a bunch of my PS3 games at EB soon and I figured I would offer them to people on Kikizo first. I would rather someone here get a good deal on them, than give them to EB for super cheap.

I' m keeping my favs, but the ones I' m getting rid of are -

Fight Night Round 3
Genji - Days of the Blade
Blazing Angels
Call of Duty 3
Tony Hawks Project 8
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Need For Speed Carbon

All of em are mint since all I did was play em each through once and then stick em on the shelf. I would accept $25 Canadian for any of em, +shipping.

If anyone wants pictures just ask and I will throw some on.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 Games - Aug 24, 2007 13:42
You just want my address so you can stalk me!
Dagashi

RE: PS3 Games - Aug 24, 2007 13:53

You just want my address so you can stalk me!

Damnit, you found me out.

Now I have to come up with a new master plan....
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 Games - Aug 24, 2007 14:19
perhaps you should try giving me the games for free. Then I' ll gladly give you my address
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 Games - Aug 24, 2007 16:31
If i didn' t already have them all with the exception of Call of Duty then i' d buy them. $25 CAD is a bargain, even for Genji.

eBay might be a good bet buddy.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 Games - Aug 24, 2007 20:29
hey Dagashi I might be interested in one of those, I have none of those games. Was wondering what you think is the best one?

Paypal?
Dagashi

RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 03:33

hey Dagashi I might be interested in one of those, I have none of those games. Was wondering what you think is the best one?

Paypal?

Well Call of Duty 3 is definitely worth a play through IMO, maybe even twice if you like going from medium to hard. The multiplayer is good, as Eddie and Agent have said many times(about the 360 version).

I think THPS8 is the best of the series in a long time. I played it a lot for a couple weeks, and have slowly played it less and less. For me, it was worth the $70 CDN I payed for it at launch, I just don' t play it now that I' m 90% done. Back in the day I would do every single thing the THPS game had in it, but nowadays I don' t feel the need after doing it so many times.

NFS Carbon is a decent racing game. If nothing else it helped control my racing addiction. I don' t think it was worth the full price I payed for the game, but for $25 it is.

Genji - I won' t lie to you. I don' t like it. But then again, I' m not a huge fan of these games, I don' t even really like Ninja Gaiden Sigma. It looks great at the very least.

Marvel - Good if you have a big screen. I' ve actually played it a lot more now that I' ve gotten a bigger setup, but I don' t have many gamer friends to play it with so I don' t bother.

Blazing Angels is a decent game. Nothing special, but nothing bad. It was worth playing. I think metacritics reviews have it at 67.

Fight Night 3 - The only good boxing game. Though the long load times and ease really let it down. I played it a ton for 2 weeks and then once I could win any fight with any boxer on any difficulty I stopped playing. Online is okay, but I can' t stand any lag in a fighter.

Silentbomber

RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 06:40
well I would pick Fight Night round 3 but my mate has that and I will be playing it quite a bit over there, I like Call of Duty but kind of sick of ww2 shooters.

Guys what should I get?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 07:07
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is good. It' s a little simple but if you like Marvel characters then it' s definitely worth picking up.

Genji is pretty lame, ...mostly because of the camera, and if you have Sigma then it' s not worth touching over other games.

Blazing Angels isn' t a bad game, but the voice acting is disgustingly lame and the missions are pretty uninspired. It' s playable though and there aren' t many decent flying games about for consoles. If you don' t have a 360 (for Ace Combat 6) and you like dogfighting games then this is your only option.

Call of Duty 3 isn' t a bad game. Personally i hate almost everything about the single player game. The only good levels are where you play as the American and there aren' t nearly enough of them. Everything else is retarded, worse even than Resistance: Fall of Man (which is pretty meh all the way through). BUT, the online (at least on 360) is amazing. My views on the game are based around the fact that i paid £50 for it, so since $25 CAD is less than £15 it' s actually a pretty good deal. You' d just have to forgive some of the lame characters and sequences.

I found Project 8 unplayale on 360 but far more so on PS3. It' s ok, especially if you like Tony Hawk but it does still have framerate problems and the characters do still looks wierd. Again, i paid full price for it so at £15 my views would likely be different but if you DO like the series then remember that Proving Ground is just around the corner and that looks awesome.

I actually think your best bet is Need For Speed Carbon. I loved Most Wanted and like the games in general and i have enjoyed playing Carbon. It' s not perfect but if you enjoyed the first Underground game then you' ll enjoy this. The PS3 version is actually better than the 360 version too.
Silentbomber

RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 08:05
well i had Carbon on the pc for a while, I liked it but its no Burnour 3 [the pinnacle of arcadey console racing]

Alright I think I made my mind up, Call of Duty 3, out of the bunch its the game I am least likely to play or buy at a higher price.

I know i wont touch it after Cod4. Check your pm' s Dagashi.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 25 Aug 07 0:06:11 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 09:32
Silent don' t you have a PAL ps3? Canadians are on NTSC.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 12:05

NFS Carbon is a decent racing game. If nothing else it helped control my racing addiction. I don' t think it was worth the full price I payed for the game, but for $25 it is.

Did the PS3 get NFS:MW? I thought Carbon was pretty good, but way too short. I think I beat it in like 2 days, where as MW lasted me about 2 or 3 weeks
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 13:19
Do you have any free.99 Games . Those are always the best
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 15:53
Are you implying 25 canadian dollars = 99 US cents?

Stfu mikayd.
< Message edited by emofag -- 25 Aug 07 7:54:24 >
Silentbomber

RE: PS3 Games - Aug 25, 2007 23:10

Silent don' t you have a PAL ps3? Canadians are on NTSC.

I believe all ps3 games are region free.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll