Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PC Gears content not going to the 360
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 27, 2007 15:27
What a load of horseshit

IGN: Will Xbox 360 gamers ever receive the extra features in the PC version, either as a downloadable pack or in another retail release?

Rod Fergusson: There is no plan to provide the PC exclusive content to Xbox 360 gamers for a number of technical reasons. One is simply the size and scope of the new content which would be difficult to deliver as an update. But more importantly, " Gears of War" for Windows was not created with the same version of Unreal Engine 3 as " Gears of War" for 360. We wanted to take advantage of all the latest and greatest optimizations and features that are constantly being added to UE3 and as such, this new content is not easily compatible with the Xbox 360 version.

There' s one of the few good reasons for piracy! I dont want to buy a full game i already own, yet again to play a few more hours of content.

Rewarding the people who bought the title originally would be much more logical than rewarding those who didnt give a fuck at first!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 27, 2007 16:41
Props to Epic. They proved they aren' t Microsofts bitch with Unreal 3, and they proved they don' t like all the testing and work that has to go into releasing maps/mods or expansions through Live.

I love the idea of live, and how it works, but I honestly believe they need to scale it back a bit. They say that all the gaurds they put in place are to make sure the content is reliable and of the utmost quality but at the same time, they haven' t managed to fix the fact that the machine using Live itself is of poor quality.

I do think though, that they should release the content for 360 owners. I bet you anything they will within 3 months of PC release. It' s a typical move for game makers to think you should buy a new copy of their game to get the new content. I really can' t see Epic not putting the gears content on the 360 eventually.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 27, 2007 17:44
In an interview some guy at Epic said something like " who' d buy a game that' s a year old?" So that' s why they' ve added stuff that' s only in the PC version.
And he said that while the 360 owners that played Gears might be pissed, they did get the game a year ago.
It makes sense to me.
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 27, 2007 18:14
not making the stuff availeble for download doesnt make sense, i can ofcourse understand why they wouldnt do it imediatly.

The no plans to do it, usually means it will come but later. But there is no way im gonna pay for the game when i already own it, and im sure as hell am gonna play it!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 27, 2007 18:17

The no plans to do it, usually means it will come but later. But there is no way im gonna pay for the game when i already own it, and im sure as hell am gonna play it!

Thats exactly what I mean. They say they won' t put it on 360, but we all know it will eventually get there. Just like they said they had no plans of a PC version of Gears back in the fall, yet it is coming to PC now with more content.

" and im sure as hell am gonna play it"

Thats what torrents are for
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 27, 2007 18:24
usually not one to pirate software.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 27, 2007 21:18
Doesn' t matter much to me. The PC would be getting an enormous amount of " 3rd party support" from average joes all around the world, releasing mods & that sort of thing. This is just icing on the cake for them.
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 00:32

Doesn' t matter much to me. The PC would be getting an enormous amount of " 3rd party support" from average joes all around the world, releasing mods & that sort of thing. This is just icing on the cake for them.

Thats not exactly the point. The point is they are requiring fans of the game to buy the PC version to get story points which are included in the new content!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 00:40
I don' t understand why your complaining, 360 is mostly made up of ' once' PC projects-turn-to-console or toned-down PC titles.

Edit:

Give some, take some.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 27 Jul 07 16:41:37 >
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 00:46

I don' t understand why your complaining, 360 is mostly made up of ' once' PC projects-turn-to-console or toned-down PC titles.

Looking over the titles for the 360 you will notice most of them are developed for the 360 and then ported to the pc. It might have been the other way last gen, but this time i cant.

In anycase, i just think its stupid to release a game on the xbox, which millions of people buy, then release it a year later with extra content on the PC, for the FANS, the people who played it on the xbox are the fucking fans. the PC players are leftovers!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 01:07
LOL, who cares, 360' s Got HL2 orange, Halo3, Bioshock, Unreal 3, and the one and Only Mass Effect... as if your going to have time to play a GW update.
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 01:10

LOL, who cares, 360' s Got HL2 orange, Halo3, Bioshock, Unreal 3, and the one and Only Mass Effect... as if your going to have time to play a GW update.

Thats still missing the point

Yeah i know i have lots to play, but iv picked the worst time ever to be dirt poor, i can only afford like 2 games from now till christmas. Probably going to be Halo 3 and Mass Effect, though missing Bioshock and Assasins Creed will make me cry!

Édit:

Oh and ill buy orange box in bits and pieces of steam as i can afford them!
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 27 Jul 07 17:11:05 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 01:22
It sucks to have to budget it out like that, but the consolation is you' ll be able to pick those other titles up used a few months later for less.

As for missing story points on the 360 platform that will only be available on the PC version... you can' t possibly be that impressed or engaged with the storyline of Gears of War. There' s going to be no character development whatsoever. Is Marcus going to " grow" emotionally somehow?!
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 01:24

As for missing story points on the 360 platform that will only be available on the PC version... you can' t possibly be that impressed or engaged with the storyline of Gears of War. There' s going to be no character development whatsoever. Is Marcus going to " grow" emotionally somehow?!

haha good point. i am going to play it though, epic wont get payed fot it
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 07:53
VX Chemical: You won' t pay for GEOW on PC but you would pay for it on XBL?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 07:59

He doesn' t currently have a PC up to Snuff. Ideally you would need a PC that can run more advanced games than MindSweeper for something like Gears.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 08:06

Same here,you see I wanna pay for the extra content,I dont wanna pay for a full game with 80% of the same c ontent.

Has nothiong to do with being an xbox fanboy or not,has to do with us not wanting to pay full price for 20% extra SP content.
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 08:07
will my PC wouild probably run it, 4800+ 7950GTS X2, 2gb of ram.

Its the sole princible of paying for the full game when i already own most of it!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 08:11
Has the same pc as Chemical,but an Intel conroe 6800 as a processor,getting Bioshock for my pc,and I will play with my 360 controller though.

if the game is harder on the pc thanks to the mouse/keyboard thing I will lower the difficulty.

I know its weird but I have a crappy keyboard+mouse,lost my razoor mouse that kicked ass!!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PC Gears content not going to the 360 - Jul 28, 2007 08:22

will my PC wouild probably run it, 4800+ 7950GTS X2, 2gb of ram.

That' s not bad, You don' t have a good reason to upgrade this year.

Like VF5 said, I don' t know why you' re interested in extra content for Gears anyways. Don' t get sidetracked from all the cool shit coming out. It may not be your point, but it' s the botton line none-the-less.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message