Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice! - Aug 23, 2007 04:21
Now this is true, ill quote from Bluesnews, the official source 2K forums, are being hammered by angry people, and i can understand that!

How many installs do we get? Transfer of ownership? on the 2K Forums (thanks Greybird) outline an issue that' s been discovered with the SecuROM online activation required to play BioShock. Apparently the process will only allow for the game to be installed twice, which could obviously be a problem for folks who experience problems with their systems. The Steam Forums indicate that this problem afflicts the Steam edition of the game as well.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice! - Aug 23, 2007 04:29
Oh wow, this is AWESOME. Things like those stupid copy protection mechanisms from hell are the reason why I stopped playing PC games long time ago (to be exact -> when StarForce was introduced and fucked up Trackmania for me).
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice! - Aug 23, 2007 04:39
Yeah, what happened to purchasing games, this feels more like renting it! At one point i did a fresh install every month to keep things fresh and fast, too bad for the people utilizing that way of maitaining a fast PC
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice! - Aug 23, 2007 05:32
" hey guys,
first, let me say this. you DO NOT NEED TO USE THE INTERNET EVERY TIME YOU PLAY THIS GAME. it is only the first time.

second, you can uninstall and reinstall this game, and if, by chance, you have 2 computers you want to simultaneously play this game on, you also can do that.

if by some chance you are reinstalling this game without uninstalling it first, a lot, there is a chance you may have to call securom and get a key, or deactivate some older installations.

but if you upgrade your hardware next week, you' ll still be able to play the game. if you revamp your system and need to reinstall bioshock, just uninstall it before you go through the overhaul, and then do your reinstall.

calling it " hardware fingerprinting" is a bit alarmist. we do not transmit any of your data to any companies.

really, the only people who will be concerned about any of these security measures are those who are rapidly putting bioshock on many pcs... if you use the game as you normally do, you won' t notice this at all."

It' s not too bad, as long as we remember to uninstall it before installing it elsewhere.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice! - Aug 23, 2007 08:38
It probably only lets you install it twice because it is cheaper than the Xbox360 version.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice! - Aug 23, 2007 08:59

Oh wow, this is AWESOME. Things like those stupid copy protection mechanisms from hell are the reason why I stopped playing PC games long time ago (to be exact -> when StarForce was introduced and ***ed up Trackmania for me).

I agree.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice! - Aug 23, 2007 11:22
I guess I' ll buy the 360 version after all. And people are asking me why I don' t play PC games... *sigh*
Vx Chemical

RE: PC Bioshock, you can only install it Twice! - Aug 23, 2007 15:33
I must admit i doubt that copy protection of any kind is hindering piracy, they might as well not try. If you go to illegal sites they will serve you everything you need to get around it, in one little file!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll