Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 48
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 06, 2008 18:17
Truth be told, those buttons across the top just don't look very good.  Smaller buttons in some sort of font more similar to the Kikizo logo and color scheme would look much better.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 08, 2008 15:31
Adam, my iPhone has stopped seeing the reply box as text enterable...

It was working, now it isn't. Everything else works; logging in, searching etc... i just can't reply. I can open the full reply box, it just won't bring up the keyboard when i tap in the box.

Any idea why?
Zoy

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 08, 2008 23:13
The message informing me that I've blocked an air-waster doesn't need to be blinking.
Zoy

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 13, 2008 22:01
Could you not accept ads that contain sound that can't be turned off?  URRRRGGGHHHH... they're grating on my nerves.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 16, 2008 15:54
Adam i think i found why is "forums" appearing out of place for us FF3 users. Its because we are magnifying the fonts with the control&+ buttons which on FF3 magnifies everything even pictures. I just tried to reduce the fonts to the original size and the "forums" went back in its intended position.

Now need Joe to try that as well to confirm/shoot down this.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 16, 2008 19:14
GrayFox

Adam i think i found why is "forums" appearing out of place for us FF3 users. Its because we are magnifying the fonts with the control&+ buttons which on FF3 magnifies everything even pictures. I just tried to reduce the fonts to the original size and the "forums" went back in its intended position.

Now need Joe to try that as well to confirm/shoot down this.

Yeah I just tried that and it goes out of place if I zoom in in Opera too. It's your own dumb faults for zooming in!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 16, 2008 23:22
Yeah, that is weird.  It looks much better zoomed out.  I wonder why it was zoomed in in the first place?  This doesn't seem to affect any other site.  Ah well, all seems to be well for now.  Thanks for thinking of that, Grayfox!

EDIT:  It did this on the Sega-16 forums as well.  There must be something in the code that makes Firefox 3 want to do an auto-zoom when it shouldn't.  I wonder if they'll ever fix this bug.
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Aug 16, 2008 23:28>
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 18, 2008 02:07

Yeah I just tried that and it goes out of place if I zoom in in Opera too. It's your own dumb faults for zooming in!

Atleast i should get a cookie for finding this out!

Yeah, that is weird.  It looks much better zoomed out.  I wonder why itwas zoomed in in the first place?  This doesn't seem to affect anyother site.  Ah well, all seems to be well for now.  Thanks forthinking of that, Grayfox!

EDIT:  It did this on theSega-16 forums as well.  There must be something in the code that makesFirefox 3 want to do an auto-zoom when it shouldn't.  I wonder ifthey'll ever fix this bug.

No problem.
Firefox "remembers" the state of the sites you visited before, so if you zoomed in one of those sites, youll have them zoomed forever.
As for myself, I like magnifying because on 1900x1200 the words are so small it hurt my eyes.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 02:18
I think it's a joke that the browser allows users to mess with fonts that have been designed specifically to be pixel perfect in CSS. When I use Opera 9 for PC I didn't get the issue.

Anyway, we have just applied a bunch of fixes. Broadly speaking, although we have not yet addressed some of the (sometimes extreme) layout issues and conflicts (eg on PM pages), you should now notice that many of the functionality issues are now solved, eg the problems that were being experienced with entering text etc.

As for annoying ads, we are getting these removed right now. Sounds in ads that is not user-prompted is completely unacceptable and we have asked for these to be removed before. We will be changing from the particular ad company in question that ignores these requests.

Please note that the forum does not yet support iPhone properly and is not supposed to be perfectly compatible with IE6 and other older browsers, so if you're using an out of date browser, please upgrade for things to work properly.
<message edited by Adam Doree on Aug 28, 2008 02:30>
Joe Redifer

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 02:56
I keep getting this whenever I load a thread.

Adam Doree

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 03:02
Are you only getting that as of an hour ago (when we made supposed fixes)? Or did you always get this since the new forum?
Joe Redifer

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 04:14
Since your last post... just recently.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 05:52
Can we get enlargeable images? It's a right pain having to hit properties and copy-paste into the address bar.

Please and thank-you.
locopuyo

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 21:00
okay this is pretty cool, I can just click in the message box and post now!  But the forum layout is kinda wierd looking.  I'm using Opera 9.52.
locopuyo

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 22:21

same with firefox 3
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 22:30
I'm getting the same thing as loco with firefox, IE7 with vista keeps crashing and is very slow, other sites work fine and fast.  Kikizo with IE7 on XP works with no major problems.
Joe Redifer

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 28, 2008 22:38
My Firefox 3 doesn't do that to me, just the little pop-up message that I pointed out above.  Also, it ONLY does that on Firefox 3.  The site looks like Loco's pics in Safari, though.  (All Mac based).  However I don't use Safari.
Adam Doree

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 29, 2008 06:26
Joe, you should be able to get rid of the issue by refreshing your browser cache.

This should hopefully clear up some other issues everyone else may be having too.

Working on the rest.

I despise CSS.
Joe Redifer

Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 29, 2008 07:54
Yes, that helped Adam, the messages are now gone.  However now my screen looks like Locopuyo's pics.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
Re:Outstanding Forum Bugs / Fixes - Aug 29, 2008 12:25
Opera 9.52 on Linux now also works. I can type in the reply box without any problems. I'll test later on Windows but I assume that it'll work too.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message