Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 13, 2006 03:12
Free office suite
OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute.

Mission Statement

To create, as a community, the leading international office suite that will run on all major platforms and provide access to all functionality and data through open-component based APIs and an XML-based file format.

Product Description

OpenOffice.org the product is a multi-platform office productivity suite. It includes the key desktop applications, such as a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager, and drawing program, with a user interface and feature set similar to other office suites. Sophisticated and flexible, OpenOffice.org also works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of Microsoft Office, and the vendor-neutral OpenDocument standard from OASIS.

Available in over 65 supported languages with more being constantly added by the community, OpenOffice.org runs stably and natively on Solaris, Linux (including PPC Linux), Windows, Mac OS X (X11), and numerous other platforms. Our porting page lists the platforms (ports) that OpenOffice.org can run on.

Written in C++ and with documented APIs licensed under the LGPL open-source license, OpenOffice.org allows any knowledgeable developer to benefit from the source. And, because the native file format for OpenOffice.org is the vendor-independent OpenDocument open standard, interoperability is easy, making future development and adoption more certain.

Download it here (FREE!):
http://www.openoffice.org/
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 12 Oct 06 19:27:26 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 13, 2006 05:15
I' ve been using this for a few years, the only disadvantage is it doesn' t have the grammar check ms word does.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 13, 2006 10:54
I guess you' d need grammar check since you' re a 13 year old in high school. And I guess you use this free POS because you' re a jobless 13 year old.

LOL @ this little kid.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 13, 2006 11:52
It' s a great program, I' ve been using it too.. :)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 14, 2006 04:13
It' s good software, but my entire OS was free, (MS Office included) so it' s not a big deal to me.
Evil Man

RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 14, 2006 12:40
In other words you' re a pirate.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 17, 2006 10:22

In other words you' re a pirate.
How do you know I didn' t get it from a friend? I' m not a huge fan of pirating, I buy from people I want to support, but it is tempting to don a peg leg, and do a little pirate dance.
Evil Man

RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 17, 2006 14:47
Getting it from a friend is still illegal.
ginjirou

RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 17, 2006 18:25
If you want to save hundreds of dollars or simply hate Microsoft and want to avoid doing illegal stuff then this Open Office is for you.
I got MS office with my PC offer though so I don' t really need Open Office but I like to check out different products.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 18, 2006 04:52

Getting it from a friend is still illegal.

You mean, as in, my freind got it from a family member for Xmax, but he runs a Mac, so he gave it to me. Are gifts now illegal?
Evil Man

RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 18, 2006 05:10
Yeah, I' m sure your friend would just hand that over to you.

< Message edited by Evil Man -- 17 Oct 06 21:11:22 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 18, 2006 06:20
Um, the fact that he' s a hardcore Mac fan might have something to do with it.

Anyways, we' re arguing over how I got one of my OS' s, that' s pretty lame.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 17 Oct 06 22:20:48 >
ginjirou

RE: Open Office (same as Microsoft Office but FREE!) -Word, Excel, etc. - Oct 18, 2006 18:44
Why do you guys even bother with each other?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll