Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Old School Games You Still Play
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 02:17
MARIO 64!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up a Nintendo 64 online for 50 bucks which included Starfox 64 and Mario 64!!!! Now it has been years since I played Mario 64, and believe it or not I am pumped about plugging in the cartridge and playing the shit out of this game!!!

I have been so caught up in the " New Generation" of consoles, that I have been guilty of forgetting about some of my favorite games ever. So, as the title states, what are some old school games you guys still play?

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 03:02
Over the xmas holidays I played most of the way through Pitfall and Pitfall II for the Atari 2600. These games pretty much were the grandaddies of all platformers. I had never played Pitfall II back in the day, and was amazed at the ambitious scope of it for a 2600 game. For instance, it introduced the concept of checkpoints.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 03:26
Excellent canada! It' s always a good feeling plugging in a " new" retro game system. Odds are too, you haven' t played it in so long that it feels totally like new as well.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 04:14
No not unless you count Geometry Wars Retro. I' m not really the nostalgic type though.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 04:25
its hard to go back to games that have aged badly, graphicly and gameplay wise. Mario 64 still plays great today (but it has been topped by SMG)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 06:14
I won' t narrow it down to any particular game, but will list systems instead:

Sega Genesis (Mega Drive for all you " bloody" chaps in the UK)
Sega Master System
Sega Saturn
NEC TurboGrafx-16 + CD-ROM
SNES
NES
Neo-Geo

Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 10:46
Most recently I have played NBA JAM, and Super Street Fighter II on my SNES. As well as a bit of Sunset Riders when I was sloshed one night.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 16:20
Is always great to go back to the beginning years of the King of Fighters. I also enjoy playing the classic Ninja Gaidens and its arcade counterpart, Prince of Persia and MG' s that come packaged within Ninja Gaiden and Black, Sands of Time and Subsistence.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 16:34
As I' ve left my Amiga propping open a door at my brother' s house for some time I can only say Tetris.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 12, 2008 16:37
I recently completed the Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island: Lechucks Revenge and im replaying the Curse of Monkey Island.
canadagamer

RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 13, 2008 00:02

Excellent canada! It' s always a good feeling plugging in a " new" retro game system. Odds are too, you haven' t played it in so long that it feels totally like new as well.

Oh yeah. As soon as I started playing it again it did feel like a brand new game!!!! As I said before it has been years since I played Mario 64, and so I pretty much forgot how fantastic this game is. It truly is one of the best if not the best platformer of all time. I have yet to play SMG, so I can' t compare the two.

Plugging in Starfox 64 tonight after work!!!!!!!
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 13, 2008 00:30

ORIGINAL: Ornodeal

As I' ve left my Amiga propping open a door at my brother' s house for some time I can only say Tetris.

Those were the days...the cinemaware games were awesome on the Amiga...btw did you know you can play Defender of the Crown on the internet and it looks and sounds the same.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 13, 2008 00:56
Cinemaware stuff was great. I haven' t tried getting Defender of the crown from the net, will have to dig it out.
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 13, 2008 06:45
Just finished Super Metroid again the other day. Have also been playin a bit of jewel master and phelios for genesis.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 13, 2008 07:04
StarCraft is almost 10 years old. I still play it online.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 13, 2008 08:23

I still play these games on somewhat of a regular basis:

Salamander 2
Metamorphic Force
Magician Lord
Blazing Star
Super Turrican
Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
Super Contra

and a couple others...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 13, 2008 12:39
And just HOW are you playing Blazing Star? With a shiny AES cart? Did you win the lotto? :)
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 13, 2008 15:51

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

And just HOW are you playing Blazing Star? With a shiny AES cart? Did you win the lotto? :)

I suppose your just using sarcasm, but anyhoo... Emulator much?

Currently reliving Rocket Knight Adventures for the Mega Drive (Genesis for all of you across the Atlantic).

Also thinking of trying out Blade Runner for the PC. Always wanted to give it a try.
< Message edited by killemoff -- 13 Mar 08 7:52:26 >
canadagamer

RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 14, 2008 00:56

Also thinking of trying out Blade Runner for the PC. Always wanted to give it a try

Good stuff. You won' t be disappointed.

I was cleaning the basement (Spring Cleaning, I know it might be a little early but I am sick of winter already) and I found my copy of Baldur' s Gate that I have been looking forever for!!!! God damn, it is like I have found treasure that is bringing be back in time. To a better, cleaner, nicer time.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Old School Games You Still Play - Mar 14, 2008 03:34
Does Shenmue count as old school now? Those two games otherwise most recently. Plus some other Dreamcast games while I was at it.
I also played through Ocarina of Time again a while ago and played some Alex Kidd in Miracle World :P A few months ago I also played some Phantasy Star 4, Sonic the Hedgehog and Streets of Rage 2.

Edit : Ah, and one of the Tex Murphy games if anyone knows these series.
< Message edited by ys -- 13 Mar 08 19:35:24 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread