Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No stopping PS2
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 45 of 45
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: No stopping PS2 - Feb 18, 2006 06:27
I like it Terry!

Ooooooh, i played ' House of the Dead 4' today and it' s even better than 3!!! Ok, so mos have you have probably ALREADY played it but my local arcade only just got the damn thing in and people were swarming all over it.

I love Segas' arcade games!!! I WANT VF5!!!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: No stopping PS2 - Feb 18, 2006 06:41

Ooooooh, i played ' House of the Dead 4' today and it' s even better than 3!!! Ok, so mos have you have probably ALREADY played it but my local arcade only just got the damn thing in and people were swarming all over it.

DoOd, we demand gameplay details ASAP!!!!1!!

Has there been any significant gameplay changes? If so, are they as big as the ones found in Virtua Cop 3 compared to its predecessors? How are the graphics and did they maintain a steady 12.5 frames per second?? Is the Hollywood caliber voice-acting back??

And do we ever find out what happened to the guy named ' G' ??
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: No stopping PS2 - Feb 18, 2006 07:03
LOL!

The gameplay adancements aren' t quite as stark as i had hoped. Let me explain...

It' s an UZI, that' s important. I thought the shotgun in HOTD 3 was cool, but an UZI (Mac10?!) that has force feedback and automatic fire (obviously) is a welcome addition.

Because of the higher rate of fire from your weapon, there are always more enemies coming at you at any given moment. Grenades work well for obliterating the larger groups!

Now, enemies can grap hold of you and strangle you or throw you to the floor where they continue to damage you by stamping on your head, which is nice! When they grab you, you' re directed to shake the gun from side to side (a bar appears on the screen and shaking the weapon fill it, quickly enough for it not to feel stupid). You push them back and continue firing.

Reloading is done by flicking the gun from front to back or vice-versa, you don' t have to point off the screen to reload or touch anything. Just the flicking movement, wgich works really well.

The graphics are as good as expected seeing as i' d already seen the hi-res screens a few months back. It' s not a massive leap over HOTD3 though.

It plays almost exactly like 3 did and the bosses have weakpoints which are highlighted before the encounter begins.

The unit that we have though doesn' t contain any blood, nor can you blow heads/arms off etc... they just kind of disintergrate (nice partical effects though!) which isn' t so satisfying!

It' s more of the same i guess, which isn' t exactly a bad thing if you like the series' . I didn' t actually get to hear much of the spoken audio because there were tons of people there. Whether or not the machine will be staying for good (i hope so) is uncertain, because a Mario Kart GP machine showed up last year for a couple of days and then was taken away. But since HOTD4 is in a different area and the HOTD3 machine has been moved towards the back, i would say it' s staying for good.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: No stopping PS2 - Feb 22, 2006 08:21
FINALLY the UK games buying public redeem themselves somewhat for actually buying Shadow of the Colossus making it the UK' s number 1 game this week. Also more than 3 people in the UK now own ICO (Only 3 people have the limited edition box with art cards though ^_^)

Despite the fact SOTC is a current gen game I can' t help but think how awesome it would have looked on 360 or PS3. Its way more ambitious than the PS2 should be able to handle.

I also know Black is due this Friday. I might have to pick it up…
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: No stopping PS2 - Feb 22, 2006 08:54
I' m so pleased that SOTC got to no1. Tbh, I' ve still yet to play it, but it looks so beautiful. Congrats to the devs.

My friend' s getting Black on Friday hopefully. So there' s gonna be some loud gunfire and explosions ripping through our flat on that day! Pretty glad EA have decided to fund an original title for a change too. Things are looking up!
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 45 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message