Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
" No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 03, 2008 00:09

Suda51 admits upcoming Wii action hit was originally designed for Microsoft console

“Originally, I’d wanted to make this game for Xbox 360, actually. [Marvelous Interactive boss] Wada-san had information about the new Wii and how the new controller would work before it came out, so that’s why he thought I should produce the game on that format.

MCVUK.com

On the one hand, shinier graphics and better processing power is always welcome.

However, Nintendo absolutely needs No More Heroes to appeal to the crowd they' ve been accused of alienating (no, you won' t pay me to use the Ca**al and H****ore words in this thread), and not having a favorite this time around, I' d like to see a 3 way even split this generation.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 03, 2008 00:27
I wonder if Suda51 regrets the decision at all. In theory it was interesting trying to use the Wiimote, but I would' ve picked this up in an instant if it hit 360.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 2 Feb 08 17:22:04 >
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 03, 2008 01:15
The fuck is he talking about? Last year he said it was supposed to be a PS2 title, did he change his mind or something?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 03, 2008 01:40

The *** is he talking about? Last year he said it was supposed to be a PS2 title, did he change his mind or something?

It' s not that unusual for a game to jump around from console to console.

Look at Kameo. Cube to Xbox to 360, and all three iterations had decent dev-time put into them.
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 03, 2008 01:42
That' s okay, I' m just wondering why would he dismiss what he said earlier?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 03, 2008 01:45
It' d make sense to move it from the PS2 to a next-gen system.

We' re far enough into the generation for developers to have a handle on the hardware, and while more people own a PS2 than a 360 or Wii, it' d get far more attention if it were released as a new shiny title, as opposed to a good title late in the PS2' s lifespan.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 03, 2008 02:15
This doesn' t make any sense. The game started development as a PS2 title, and hadn' t been in development long before Wii was unveiled. It' s not as if 360 was doing amazingly when it was announced for Wii. Sounds like bullshit to me. Probably something to do with it not selling well so far. He should just port it like Rockstar have with Bully.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 04, 2008 00:26
I also think he' s making this up now.

He also mentioned that he approved the toned down version for example in Europe and Japan. So it wasn' t the publisher' s fault alone. But I don' t really believe this, especially since he talked a lot about the over the top violence early on.

Now he said that we got a toned down version to be able to release the same version as Japan. That way they could release the game quickly in Europe. Somehow they tried to give the impression that the normal version was the Japanese/European one and that the US just added blood. Which most certainly is a lie since the earliest footage clearly showed blood.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: " No More Heroes" Almost a 360 Title... - Feb 04, 2008 02:31

He should just port it like Rockstar have with Bully.

Eh... really?

I have no doubts Bully on the 360 will play just as well as it did on the PS2, but Bully sure ' ain' t much to look at. There' s something to be said for scalability of course, but as of right this minute, Bully looks like ass on the 360, and I' d rather have one good looking PS2 or Wii game, than two games, one of which looking ugly (relative to it' s hardware capabilities).

This doesn' t make any sense. The game started development as a PS2 title, and hadn' t been in development long before Wii was unveiled. It' s not as if 360 was doing amazingly when it was announced for Wii.

It' s pretty clear to me. He wanted to put the game on the 360. Boss man convinced him to develop for the Wii. It was never actually on the Xbox to begin with, so it' s not like it jumped ship or anything. It was just Suda' s preference for the next-gen version.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll