Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No Green Lantern Movie?!
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
No Green Lantern Movie?! - Jul 26, 2005 14:30
Is it just me or dosent it seem weired that the Green Lantern is like the only Superhero W/O a movie & he' s the only black one. Is it just me?

residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: No Green Lantern Movie?! - Jul 30, 2005 18:22
i dont know about that but it would be cool to have a green lantern movie
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: No Green Lantern Movie?! - Jul 31, 2005 16:13
And the two most well known Green Lantern' s aren' t black.
Boss Hogg

RE: No Green Lantern Movie?! - Jul 31, 2005 17:07
Just give me Green Lantern man. Us black people only have ONE super hero. Cant we just make him black for the movie?

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: No Green Lantern Movie?! - Aug 01, 2005 15:36
Hmmm. I see your point, but I don' t know if Green Lantern would make a good movie. Depends on who produces and directs it, I guess.

There are more than one black superhero. Black Panther, Spawn, Blade, Power Man (of Power Man and Iron Fist), Iron Man (the suit was worn by a black man, for a while anyways).

I most definitely would say that he is not the ONLY superhero without a movie. I' m just waiting for the Wonder Twins. " Wonder Twin power, ACTIVATE! Form of a Hawk. Form of a bucket of water!"

God, that guy had the worst super power, EVER!!
Boss Hogg

RE: No Green Lantern Movie?! - Aug 02, 2005 15:22
O so white people get Superman, Spiderman,& Batman. while black people get Spawn & Blade i got u.

Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: No Green Lantern Movie?! - Aug 04, 2005 04:45
I think the logistics of it are like this:

Superman, Batman, and Spiderman all came out when super-heroes were relatively new. They also came out at a time when black people were not necessarily accepted in mainstream media (or not so main stream, as it were). As such, black superheroes are a relatively new venture.

The black superheroes that you mentioned will not gain the notoriety of their anglo counterparts because:

A) Superman, Spiderman, and Batman were portrayed and viewed as wholesome, and were more accesible to a wider audience. Spawn and Blade were conceived in a time where comics had taken on a much darker, more adult atmosphere (which is only appropriate if you look at the state of the world, today.)

B)Basically the white superheroes that you mentioned are beloved by many people because they appeared at a time where comics were becoming " big" . Unless comics undergo another " renaissance" , so to speak, there will never be any as prominent as the " big three" .

As far as comic books go, Spawn was king of the hill not too long ago. Blade might not have been as big as Spawn in comics, but made an awesome movie. I don' t think that just because they' re not as big as Superman that they can just be written off as insignificant. We' ve got black superheroes. It' s a beautiful thing. Do we need more? Yes. Will we see more? Most assuredly. Will ANY new comic book character gain the noteriety of a Superman? Probably not.
Boss Hogg

RE: No Green Lantern Movie?! - Aug 04, 2005 14:30
Good Point. Never Thought of that.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages