Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo E3 Conference
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 85 of 85
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Nintendo E3 Conference - Jul 14, 2007 01:54
Watched Matt at Ign play through Metroid and it looks top class. He certainly didint have any problems with the controls:

It plays better than any first-person console game ever... really. And it' s one of Wii' s best lookers, too.
(Matt has been very sceptical about the Wiimote, so ild doubt hes lying or over exaggerating).

click on the 1st and let it play through, shows the whole beginning, fantastic

About the State of the Wii' s Hardcore status

HAlo3,Mass effect,Fallout3,Orange(HL2 e2),Alan wake,Resident evil 5,Too human,Pgr4,Dmc4,NG2,Splinter cell convict,Blue dragon,Lost odyssey,Gears of war 2,Kingdom under fire,infinty discovery,Eternal sonata,naruto rise of a ninja,Fable2 and Assassins creed etc then it looks very bleak.

Wii has not even been out 10 months and your comparing its titles to a consoles thats been out for almost two years? At least wait till next year.! I bet you' ll see LOADS of Hardcore / Great Wii games.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo E3 Conference - Jul 14, 2007 01:57
Metroid Prime is the only FPS I' m confident about on the Wii. I' ll probably wait to buy one till January ' 08. Once I can be sure that all of this year' s heavy hitters are out the door.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Nintendo E3 Conference - Jul 14, 2007 17:39
I dont know, i still dont see the wii mote being the next big thing, it would have been better if it had just been a periphial for Gamecube, i hope thats what they will do next gen, but im not sure i will get a nintendo console next time unless i see improvements on 1st and 3rd party support.

It might not have been out that long, but atleast sony managed to show promising games at their viewing.

I guess im just too much in it for the next generation gameplay, physics, graphics and epic story lines to go all out over a substitute for my mouse and keyboard, or fitness trainers
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Nintendo E3 Conference - Jul 14, 2007 18:03

I guess im just too much in it for the next generation gameplay, physics, graphics and epic story lines to go all out over a substitute for my mouse and keyboard, or fitness trainers

Exactly......... and until Nintendo can prove to me that they can offer all of those things, AND the benefits of a wii-mote, then all they have to offer is different controls of old gameplay, which is the way it currently is with most titles.

Yes the Wii is different, and yes it' s unique, but right now and for the foreseeable future, it' s not enough to pull me away from PC, PS3, and 360 and make me purchase one for overall worse games with different controls(other than Nintendo' s first party games, as it has always been). I wasn' t tired of the controls for games in the past, and I' m not tired of them now. What I' m most interested in as a gamer is the storylines, the aural assault of sounds and depth of audio, the engrossing detailing, the ever improving accuracy of animations, and the realism of physics. These are all things that I believe can enhance the feeling and enjoyment of a game more than the Wii-mote ever can. After all, as good as the " wii-zapper" could make shooting things in Medal of Honor, its still going to be a mediocre FPS at its heart.......at best.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo E3 Conference - Jul 14, 2007 22:51

(Matt has been very sceptical about the Wiimote, so ild doubt hes lying or over exaggerating).

Err... ever since he first played Mario Galaxy he' s been calling himself a " believer" (playing = believing). After that I have always had the impression that he really likes the Wii-mote.

Anyway, it looks good.
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 85 of 85

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread