Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 17, 2009 23:46
Well, here it is Source

Hopefully they fix all of the Xbox version issues. The prospect of playing as Ayane sounds badass.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 03:08
This is irrelevant, just like Bioshock for PS3 was.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 03:41
Difficulty-wise, how does Ninja Gaiden 2 compare to the first game?
immortaldanmx

Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 04:19
Terry Bogard

Difficulty-wise, how does Ninja Gaiden 2 compare to the first game?

A lot easier, at least I thought so.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 07:00
maybe you just got better...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 08:25
generally the game is easier, but theres also more frustration. I didnt feel like getting better  at the game had any effect. Especially bosses use cheap shots.

Ninja Gaiden II has the honor of being one  of the 3 Xbox 360 games i played and didnt finish.  Dont get it!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 15:14
Ninja Gaiden II is awesome and worth buying for the talons and scythe alone. The bosses are cheap as fuck and there is some rediculous projectile spamming, and some pathetic slowdown... but it's still Ninja Gaiden.

This Sigma sequel will be worth buying purely for the ability to play as Ayane.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 16:48
I already own Ninja Gaiden II (since its release week) and I completed the first level back then and put the game aside to play something else and never returned to it.. Having completed Ninja Blade twice (loved it!), it made me remember that I still have Ninja Gaiden II, so I was kind of wondering if it's still as insane as the first game or if Team Ninja decided to go a little easy on us this time around. ;)          Well, only one way to find out really.
immortaldanmx

Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 17:59
Terry Bogard

I already own Ninja Gaiden II (since its release week) and I completed the first level back then and put the game aside to play something else and never returned to it.. Having completed Ninja Blade twice (loved it!), it made me remember that I still have Ninja Gaiden II, so I was kind of wondering if it's still as insane as the first game or if Team Ninja decided to go a little easy on us this time around. ;)          Well, only one way to find out really.

As others have said, bosses are really cheap, but general levels seemed easier to me. Honestly, I didnt finish the game, as I got it just a few days before I got Bioshock and of course Orange Box and Halo 3 kept me busy around the same time.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 23:39
I think it has lower difficulty level options, kind of remember that, but I didnt beat it either.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 23:54
emofag

I think it has lower difficulty level options, kind of remember that, but I didnt beat it either.

Quez is the legend on this one (and just in life).  I stopped at Mission 14, as Dan said there was a load of other stuff out at the time.  Quez finished it on Hardest and I think he got all the achievements out of it!
immortaldanmx

Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 18, 2009 23:57
Iad umboros

emofag

Quez is the legend on this one (and just in life).  I stopped at Mission 14, as Dan said there was a load of other stuff out at the time.  Quez finished it on Hardest and I think he got all the achievements out of it!

He has 875, including the one for beating on hardest difficulty. I stand amazed.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 19, 2009 00:26
I never played the first one, played the second one and stopped somewhere in the middle I think. The general difficulty took me a while to get used to to be honest, and I don't mind that. I don't even mind playing a game with very difficult bosses, but the bosses in NGII are not difficult but rather more on the extrememly fucking cheap side of things. It felt like it took me forever to beat a boss, and yet they would have me killed in 3-4 hits. After a while I figured out that it is all about your timing in regards to how you dodge, block, and then counter.

Anyway, is anyone really that surprised that this is going to the PS3? You should know by now that there is no such thing as an exclusive anymore.
immortaldanmx

Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 19, 2009 03:22
canadagamer

Anyway, is anyone really that surprised that this is going to the PS3? You should know by now that there is no such thing as an exclusive anymore.

Im not surprised, I just dont see the relevance. Much like when GTAIII came to XBox 2 years or so after being on PS2. Old games are old.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 20, 2009 22:38
OMG i was just watching an old 6min NGII video buried somewhere lol.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 24, 2009 15:52

Sigma 2 will tell the story seen in Gaiden II on the 360 and will also add in new story elements tied to the new playable characters.
New playable characters we say? Yes, brand new and even sexier (this is Team Ninja we're talking about). Sigma 2 will feature new playable female characters, which should be familiar to fans of the series and of Tecmo's Dead or Alive. The first is Ayane, the purple-haired ninja from DOA, who will come packing her own unique moves, weapons, magical attacks, and provocatively placed butterfly accessory. The second new character is Momiji, last seen at a lower resolution in Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword on the DS, who will bring her own arsenal of abilities and weapons to the fray. Both characters will be integrated into the story, which will branch off to follow their adventures. Not to be outdone in the new content department, Hayabusa will face off against new enemies and bosses with some new weapons tossed in to help deal with the new foes.
Beyond new playable characters, Sigma 2 will feature an all-new online co-op mode that lets you and a friend team up to work your way through more than 30 challenge stages, which can be played in one of four difficulty settings. Your performance will be ranked and uploaded to leaderboards so you can see how you stack up against the world. The stages will be a mix of original areas and those seen in the single-player game, which are being redone for co-op play. Finally, the game will see a good amount of work put into refining the gameplay experience. The game's camera is being tweaked based on user feedback. You will also get additional cues on where to go next from your playable character because your character's head will look off in the direction you're supposed to go in. You'll also find a variety of additional tweaks peppered throughout the gameplay to help make Sigma 2 a smoother, sleeker evolution of its 360 counterpart.

Sigma 2 is making use of an enhanced version of the graphics engine used for the original game. The game is aiming to surpass the visual quality of the last game by blending new tech into the original engine. The results so far are impressive and bode well for the game's final release.

LINK (including trailer)

It looks different to the 360 version. I suspect i'll buy this on day one.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 24, 2009 19:13
Terry Bogard

Anybody else been playing Ninja Blade? I finished the review earlier today (up soonish) - quite enjoyed it on the whole.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 24, 2009 22:40
Majik, you beat me to it, I was just about to post that. Anyway, though I am kind of looking, real-hard mind you, to find any traces of the 360's version dismemberment system, this games is looking mighty impressive. I mean, Ninja Gaiden is already impressive to begin with, but the amount of extra content is quite astonishing.  
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 25, 2009 01:46
Here's the Ninja Blade review -

http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/xbox360/ninja-blade-p1.asp

Forgot to mention you can unlock a bunch of silly costumes. Pinstripe ninja suit all the way...
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Mar 25, 2009 09:30
Ninja Blade is style over substance.

Chimura

Majik, you beat me to it, I was just about to post that. Anyway, though I am kind of looking, real-hard mind you, to find any traces of the 360's version dismemberment system, this games is looking mighty impressive. I mean, Ninja Gaiden is already impressive to begin with, but the amount of extra content is quite astonishing.  

They appear to have removed it. There won't be any fountains of blood and gore in this game. Instead there talking about having some purple essence shit. I'm guessing that the blood and gore was to much for the engine in Ninja Gaiden II and that's one of the reasons why the framerate could so bad. Since Sigma 2 has co-op they probably need to removed the badass blood effects to keep the framerate as close to 60 as possible.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll