Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Jet Grind Radio!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 08, 2008 22:10
I despise Kotaku... but whatever...

LINK
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 08, 2008 22:43
Hopefully it's being developed by a good number of the former Smilebit team.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 09, 2008 02:50
Booo I dont wanna play it on the Wii I wanna see it on PS3 or 360!
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 09, 2008 08:57
Who cares what it's on? I just want it done properly.

Time to dust out the old Dreamcast and relive the original.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 09, 2008 09:32
I just hope it resembles the original more than the sequel. JSRF pretty much turned into a really frustrating platformer on skates.

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 09, 2008 18:23
I love them both.  Although I missed the more figurative graf controls in the original, I thought most of the areas in JSRF are better designed for long continuous runs (with a couple of frustrating exceptions, like the skyscrapers in Pharaoh's Park).  Neither game is perfect, but they're both up there among my all-time favorites.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 10, 2008 05:35

Who cares what it's on?

I do.

Hardware constraints.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 10, 2008 06:24
Not to mention that it'll most likely have fucked up controls that we'll have to get used to. I'm sure it'll be something like use the wiimote to spray paint.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 10, 2008 09:10
Using the Wiimote to paint makes more sense than using a stick, especially for the big tags that require multiple strokes.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 10, 2008 21:12

Using the Wiimote to paint makes more sense than using a stick,especially for the big tags that require multiple strokes.

To me it seems much easier to just use a controller. Having to aim the wiimote at a big sign(which most likely will be inaccurate and you'll waste more paint anyway) doesn't make the game any funner, and more than likely it won't provide more gameplay options.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 04:09
Eddie_the_Hated

Who cares what it's on?

I do.

Hardware constraints.

I respond to you with Madworld. Discuss.
Johnny Jiron

Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 04:15
And I respond with the simple question of what if they had more horsepower behind that game? Makes you wonder don't it?

We've already seen Jet Set on hardware of similar or more power. So it'll be nothing more than a re-hash with dick waving moments. Which is probably why they are releasing it on the Wii. Jet Set wasnt the biggest seller so why invest the money to move it to the more powerful yet costly hardware when you can just port the old games with ease and add in some wavey wand gimmick.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Aug 11, 2008 04:18>
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 15:28
i dont think they would devolp a jet set on the real consoles so its this or nothing.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 17:33
Johnny Jiron
We've already seen Jet Set on hardware of similar or more power. So it'll be nothing more than a re-hash with dick waving moments.

Though everything can be simplified like that. For example : Oh, it's just a rehash with the exact same gameplay, only more advanced graphics. 

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 18:33
Just like  SMG and Super Smash Bros Brawl, Jet Set radio is all about Art / Style over technical limitations..  Even the original Dreamcast game has qualities and artisti flair over most so-called "next generation" console graphics of today. 

Then again, i don't see any console that powerful after being used to PC titles for so long, I see the art direction,  original, impeccably executed ideas and core gameplay that are true to console gaming. Funny how most of them are on the 'technically limited' Wii.  

Ild much rather SEGA team-up with in house Nintendo to develop the game exclusively on Wii, theres a high chance it'll > any PS3/360 version. 
Johnny Jiron

Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 21:21
As an artist myself (or a has been one at least) I much prefer to use newer more advanced techniques. So that whole art excuse is more bs to me honestly. I'd want as much freedom to express my art as possible.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 21:34
VF5, getting owned, yet again.

Will it ever end...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 22:01

Who cares what it's on?

I do.

Hardware constraints.

I respond to you with Madworld. Discuss.

I rebut with a lack of anything but an announcement trailer.

It looks pretty enough, but the Wii's largest problem isn't that it's graphics don't look good enough. People assume that the only advantage held with beefier internals is graphics, and that's a load of bunk.

Just like  SMG and Super Smash Bros Brawl, Jet Set radio is all aboutArt / Style over technical limitations..  Even the original Dreamcastgame has qualities and artisti flair over most so-called "nextgeneration" console graphics of today.

...No.

Jet Grind Radio was one of the best looking games on the Dreamcast at the time. Unlike you, developers don't say "Our game is fun to play, fuck graphics altogether! They're unimportant and irrelevant in the quality of a title!".

Let's get real here VF. Features are getting dropped altogether from Wii ports of games because they just can't run on eight year old hardware. It's not feasible. Graphical prowess is only an indicator of it's hardware constraints.

Whatever the game is, it'd be better with a longer draw distance, crisper textures, more enemies on screen, advanced physics, and more intelligent AI.

Then again, i don't see any console that powerful after being used to PC titles for so long,

Your PC performs blumpkins at the feet of God Almighty Himself alright? We get it. You can stop talking about your rig like you're trying to sell it to us. Most of us here have high-end gaming rigs, and all of us know that PC games look better than their console counterparts. None of us need reminding.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 11, 2008 22:22>
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 11, 2008 23:08
Some things about 1 were better, some things about 2 were better.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:New Jet Grind Radio! - Aug 12, 2008 01:12

Jet Grind Radio was one of the best looking games on the Dreamcast at the time. Unlike you, developers don't say "Our game is fun to play, fuck graphics altogether! They're unimportant and irrelevant in the quality of a title!".

Fuck graphics altogether? Unimportant? Irrelevant? you obviously think low of Wii's capabilities!! and who's said any of that? Quite a jump from me saying that artistic flair plays a big role in the JSR seris, after all it was it's artistic flair that helped it stand out from the crowed  and ultimately started the cell-shading trend.  

Let's get real here VF. Features are getting dropped altogether from Wii ports of games because they just can't run on eight year old hardware. It's not feasible. Graphical prowess is only an indicator of it's hardware constraints.

Whatever the game is, it'd be better with a longer draw distance, crisper textures, more enemies on screen, advanced physics, and more intelligent AI.

Sounds like you'll be happy with an old school Jet Set Radio HD, yes, it would be nice but  i on the other hand wants to be pleasantly surprised by a totally new re-invented JSR.

Your PC performs blumpkins at the feet of God Almighty Himself alright? We get it. You can stop talking about your rig like you're trying to sell it to us. Most of us here have high-end gaming rigs, and all of us know that PC games look better than their console counterparts. None of us need reminding.

You don't understand my logic, It's aimed at 360/ps3 owners constantly looking down at Wii hardware specs (a good example is the statement you made which caused this rant).

USE the PC as the 'Power Example', not fucking 360.  Be a hardware whore properly or not atall. 360/ps3 is technically middle road shit for the true graphic whores. simple logic.
<message edited by Virtua fighter 5 on Aug 12, 2008 01:16>
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread