Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New FF13 in-game picture!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 22, 2006 20:46
' ATB Cost' ?

I' m assuming they' ve gelled the ATB with the ' MP' so to speak. I think I can see how this goes. The bar constantly refills, commands have different costs, biggest ones naturally you need to wait for the bar to refill...

Trivia:

From the screen - Attack uses 30, V Strike 50, level 1 elemental spells use 40 each, and she' s got another ' Aerial move' at the top of the chain for 80.

And her ATB maxes out at 830, and there' s a chain of commands for 5 slots, 2 unfilled and the others with V Strike (highlighted orange, guess that' s the move in the screenie) and two attacks onwards.

Funny thing...I THINK I can see how this whole thing works...for a single player.

Think it' ll be AI/Gambit controlled party members? Looks like it' s complicated as it is to control one character, and it looks like a manic battle system; can' t imagine how to manage more than 3 =/
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 22, 2006 20:51

ORIGINAL: Byakko

Think it' ll be AI/Gambit controlled party members? Looks like it' s complicated as it is to control one character, and it looks like a manic battle system; can' t imagine how to manage more than 3 =/

Let me sum that up for you - Mess

**Goes home**
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 22, 2006 20:55
Byakko - nice ideas , seems cool (ATB thing)
Byakko

RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 22, 2006 20:55
After watching my friend play Dirge of Cerebus...I wonder if this is what we' ll get from paying FFXIII:

' GODDAMN CINEMATIC CAMERA GET THAT FUCK HAIR OUT OF MY FACE!'

Right, cheapo kills from offscreen enemies...I scare myself...

Honestly, cinematic battle is great, it' s engaging, it can be fun! LO' s looked great (if on the horribly slow side, hopefully speeds up a little in the final build), and FFXIII LOOKS awesome, but is it playable =/?

Somehow, I doubt it...

As in, this is what they' re showing now. Flashy flash flashy. Then we get something totally different in the game and Squenix would say: " You must have misunderstood the screenie." Or some crap like that...

Edit: I' m disillusioned with FF, but I have to admit. I really, REALLY like the battle system (in my head), but like, when I watched the first FFXIII trailer, I kept thinking, how is this possible from a practical point? Cinematic cameras do NOT work in real-time, they just DON' T.
< Message edited by Byakko -- 22 Sep 06 12:57:49 >
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 22, 2006 21:05

quote:

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

IGN:

quote:

the game still uses menu-driven combat, and it' s possible that while making decisions on what to do, the game will go into slow motion a la The Matrix while it waits for your commands.

Well, that' s certainly not impressive...

SUDEKI!!!!!!!

oh yeah sudeki used that system! But I think FF will make it a lot better. The screenshot is fu*king sweet! But I get the feeling it' ll change when the game is close to release...as usual.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 22, 2006 21:43
No this FF13, is basically the same old system,its nothing new,she might run straight ahead but look at the commands.

Its a FF system and nothing new,just more commands.

About the ATB.
It might be so that commands cost " ATB" and sometimes you gonna need to wait a turn to get it back,like in Enchanted arms,but there they call it something i forgoten.

Active Time Battle basically means that computer and you have a timelimit to react to.
And the faster you make your move,the more advantage you will have over the A.I for ex a faster player might manage to get in more attacks on a boss then a slower player who might think what hee need to do,ofc strategy also plays in its part...

Its still a very traditional system and was invented in FF4 if i remember right.

It' s not a bad thing at all,its just what we seen in LO,but the " gauge meter is shown" .
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 22 Sep 06 13:50:48 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 23, 2006 00:29
We' ll keep hearing those LO comments for a long time now...
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 23, 2006 02:18

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

We' ll keep hearing those LO comments for a long time now...

Somehow , no X360 game seems to impress u much ...
Byakko

RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 23, 2006 02:59
That GBA FFIV was great, even if the battle had horrible lag But after I completed the entire danger, including using/hiding Edward, that was it. It took a good solid two months and nearly 3 though of casual play.

Still, that was truly awesome...

Btw, slightly off-topic, but isn' t it weird that the PS3 has ZILCH RPGs of ANY kind that' s slated for launch? o_0 How does that win points with the Jap crowd?
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 23, 2006 03:13
Anything with a great whopping big P with the shadow of an ' S' will sell..
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 23, 2006 03:38
...just in case you all forgot, there are two Final Fantasy games simultaneously in development for the PS3...

...check out these latest screens of FFXIII' s mysterious sister title, FFXIII: Verses

...Square really like drip-feeding fans, huh?.....
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 23, 2006 03:40
Not really,all three SS are " cgi" and you may wonder how they have time to work on all these 4-5 FF games when last time they had their FF12 delayed with 2-3 years.

Mayby they should put their manpower and dedication at their FF13 first...

Im worried about S-E.
]GaNgStA[

RE: New FF13 in-game picture! - Sep 23, 2006 03:42

Somehow , no X360 game seems to impress u much ...

There are some impressive games - you must' ve mised a few comments of mine - check Bioshock section (and the movie - you owe it to yourself)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message