Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Need a bit of help with my computer
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Need a bit of help with my computer - Nov 03, 2006 01:39
A while back my brother bought a computer powered by Linspire however we couldnt get various hardware things to work with it at the time. So he decided to throw on Windows XP instead. This caused a great hit to the performance but regardless it worked for what it was needed for.

Fast forward and I have found this computer and want to check if Linspire is still on it or if they dropped it completly and replaced it with XP. How do I do that?

Is it possible to check if linspire is still comewhere within the computer and if so can I drop XP all together and get it back into its origional state as a Linspire computer? Its a decent computer and ran quite well while running Linspre but once xp was put on it now has very very poor performance.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Need a bit of help with my computer - Nov 03, 2006 08:30
Well it is probably not on there anymore, but if it is I would think when you start up the computer it would give you an option of what OS to choose.
If the computer came with a linspire cd you could just reinstall it.
If it didn' t and you want linux on there I would recomend Fedora Core for you. It is easier to intall than windows. You just have to go download it, burn it to cd' s or dvd' s then stick it in your computer and start up.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Need a bit of help with my computer - Nov 04, 2006 07:01
I never heard of Linspire. It must be really gay.
locopuyo

RE: Need a bit of help with my computer - Nov 04, 2006 11:14
Its just another distro of linux they want you to pay for.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Need a bit of help with my computer - Nov 04, 2006 16:37
Linspire is an os? If so I believe you need to make a second parition on your hard drive in order to support it and Windows. In other words you have to split you disk space in two.

Try googling Dual boot or hard drive parition

Its like giving your computer two seperate personalities that can' t comunicate with eachother. So you won' t be able to access things that are on the XP half if you are using linspire. This shouldn' t be a problem if you have a large Hard drive though.
locopuyo

RE: Need a bit of help with my computer - Nov 04, 2006 18:57
uh... did you read his post?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages