Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo - Jul 31, 2008 10:26
http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/articles/895294/wii-motion-plus-and-livemove-2/videos/LiveMove2_demo_video_073008.aspx 
 Excellent,, just excellent..

Im seeing:

FPS

Better, more precise aiming.

Implement 1:1 accurate hand/ gun animations to match what the player is doing, which alone would be something totally new visually.

Ability to combo shooting and gun-whipping: IE get close, shoot an AI/player in the leg and as he/she limps down make an fast upward strike to the face or even just a not-so aggressive slap motion across the face to humiliate.. lol

Sword Action / Ninja game

No need for developers to included an overly complicated combat system of button presses, It can now be based on your own 1:1 skill:

Realtime sword fighting and shuriken throwing

Make-up what ever combos you wish, randomly.

You have control over killing an opponent or just injuring them IE Chopping of their head or just their hand.

Realtime blocking with you sword, cool Devs could even make it possible for you to hit incoming shuriken/projectiles back at an enemy.. f**king cool.

Tennis

Realtime and accurate spin and aiming. (could make for a truly deep tennis experience)

A few obvious examples but ultimately its upto developers to work their magic..

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo - Jul 31, 2008 19:35
1:1 motion, gee, I haven't heard that before, like with the plain wiimote....
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo - Jul 31, 2008 21:14

I'm seeing

Found that motherfucker!

Anyway, the topic at hand.

My very own pictorial explanation of the new Motion-Plus peripheral.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 01, 2008 21:03>
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo - Jul 31, 2008 21:37
Hit those balls hard brave solider!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo - Aug 01, 2008 09:41
I'm sure there will be at least 1 game that ends up using this!!!!!
really though they do you think they're going to release patches for games to use this?  no
maybe some games in the future will use it.  This really isn't that accurate.  Yes, it's way better than a lone wiimote because now they can actually do rotation and movement at once, but it doing both at once is still going to be hella innacurate because they need even more accelerometers.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo - Aug 01, 2008 12:44
I really, really wanted to make a smart ass remark about this, but I cant. Seriously, the video was a joke enough, and I think Eddie said all that need be said.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo - Aug 01, 2008 13:15
lol Eddie, ur crazy, That analogy didn't mean anything, then again, you know more than
both Inhouse Nintendo and a  team of AI and machine learning Ph.D experts , wouldnt you ?

I take this was you working on your analogy? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK2nOnH1MnU 

ROFL. 

I'm sure there will be at least 1 game that ends up using this!!!!!

Nintendo already a handful of games in production that fully utilize this, all we know of now is 'Wii sports resort' the game that will ultimately push this add on to atleast 50% of Wii owners.

Since the announcement at e3 i already know of two other titles that have been in development with M+ in mind (red steel 2 and http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/07/npower-sonic-blackknight.jpg )

Alot of 3rd devs have resisted / held back titles because they felt the original wiimote didn't quite cutt it for the projects they have in mind (Personally, i think only a handful of devs including Nintendo, Konami (pro evo 8) and EA have really pushed the Wiimote so far.  Now they have no excuse, im pretty sure well see at least 5-4 titles to be released along-side the Wii Sport resorts spring 2009 window and alot more there after until it'll become a standard thing.

<message edited by Virtua fighter 5 on Aug 01, 2008 13:38>
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Motion Plus / Livemove 2 Demo - Aug 01, 2008 15:38

lol Eddie, ur crazy,

Well shit... there goes any rational level-headed argument I may have made.

I'm crazy. Crazy people can't make rational arguments.

...That would be silly.

That analogy didn't mean anything,

I take this was you working on your analogy? :

No, VF. THIS is closer to my thought processes when I study the industry, but that's beside the point. I don't suggest wandering into the personal insult territory with me either. I keep my shots above the belt. You sound like a kid, and you're more-likely-than-not ten years my senior. We've been over this already.

Edit: I am a man. It works more along the lines of THIS.

That analogy didn't mean anything

Yes it did. You don't have "Where's Waldo" where you're from?

Oh... you mean the.... oh.... The Wii thing, right? We'll start somewhere simple.

Analogy
: both the cognitive process of transferring information from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), and a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process.

I believe the words you may have been searching for were, "visual aid",  or "pictorial representation", or "four-panel comic-strip", and I believe it meant everything in properly explaining what the motion plus is capable of. It wasn't an analogy.

then again, you know more than
both Inhouse Nintendo and a  team of AI and machine learning Ph.D experts , wouldnt you ?

I do know more than you in this instance (I'm chosing to ignore the bold and struck-through text, because I'm not even sure you knew what you meant by that).

I understand the technology present in the current 'Mote, and consequently, understand the technology present in the Motion Plus. I'll bet you money with you right now that I can tell you what the primary chipset in the Motion Plus is going to be. You'll pop open the attachment, pull off the plastic, and see an IDG-600 dual-axis angular rate sensor....

...It will look like that, or very similar to it. If Nintendo really wants to go for the gold, they'll throw in another ADXL330, but I'm not counting on it.

(Personally, i think only a handful of devs including Nintendo, Konami(pro evo 8) and EA have really pushed the Wiimote so far.

...It's a light gun with an accellerometer and a gyroscope VF... what is there to push? How much better can you point and aim, or shake to reload, or shake off a zombie, or balance on a balance beam. It all sounds like fun in theory, but at the end of the day, it's an alternative control method... not a better one, especially when observing the cripplingly low amount of buttons present. I'll cut you off at the pass with that one too. Nintendo cut buttons to make the controls more easily accessable, and button functions gave way to a flip, or a shake, or a tilt. The games aren't any easier. You still have to memorize an input for a given output.

Since the announcement at e3 i already know of two other titles that have been in development with M+ in mind (red steel 2 and

Of course there are titles in development that utilize it. Do you think Nintendo's R&D division would spend millions on designing and manufacturing (Well... Millions on manufacturing at any rate ) a peripheral to let it hang in the breeze?

Theoretically speaking, there isn't one game that could not utilize the Motion Plus... but that doesn't make the game any more enjoyable. Yes, the angle of your tennis racket corresponds to your hand, you could put your hand up in the air, and point your gun downward (as evidenced by my meaningless "analogy")... but at the end of the day... why the hell does any of that matter?

Just because something serves a specific function, does not make it useful in-and-of-itself.

<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 01, 2008 18:56>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message