Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Monster Hunter PSP to Allow MemStick Cache
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Monster Hunter PSP to Allow MemStick Cache - Feb 12, 2008 06:33
ARSTechnica

Many users enjoy the ability to install parts of PlayStation 3 games onto the console to speed up loading. Now it appears that some developers are taking that feature to Sony' s other platform, the PlayStation Portable. Capcom has announced that its next big PSP title, Monster Hunter 2nd G, will include the ability to install to the Memory Stick.

As PSPFanboy notes, many of the downloadable games for the handheld load significantly faster than their UMD counterparts. Given that Monster Hunter uses a zone system for different areas with loading in between, this could be a handy little feature to keep the game moving along. No word on how much space will be necessary for caching the data.

If the PSP can handle the same treatment as the PS3 without eating up too much space on the Memory Stick, then this could be yet another welcome feature in the handheld' s repertoire. That is, of course, if it makes a noticeable difference.

All I can say is, about darn time!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message