Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Monster Hunter 3
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Monster Hunter 3 - Oct 09, 2008 08:39
Monster Hunter 3 TGS Trailer

Ooh boy...

That looks great for a Wii game.

I'm happy with how it looks, now if they get the controls down and don't fuck up the online part...man then I'm gonna be spending a lot of hours with this one.

Decent controls, pull an EA for the online part and say screw you to friend codes and use Wii speak. That's all this game needs.

Man Sony should be hitting themselves in the head for letting this franchise go.

Japan will eat this baby up, they just adore Monster Hunter. This title will make Nintendo even stronger inside Japan, Sony could have had a great hit with this on the PS3 but they screwed up.

I want them to take their time with this game so that it's just perfect...but on the other hand I've known about it for so long that I just want it. As long as I can get my hands on this one somewhere in 2009 I'm happy.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Monster Hunter 3 - Oct 09, 2008 21:47
Dont screw up the online? Lol, youre talking about the garbage that is Wii online.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Monster Hunter 3 - Oct 09, 2008 22:19
Great to see some sort of plausible ecosystem in there - predators attacking prey, larger monsters scaring off the smaller, etc. And is it my imagination, or is one of the hunters actually strafing?

The underwater bits look quite goofy, though.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:Monster Hunter 3 - Oct 10, 2008 13:27
Dino gameplay

Gullet slashing gameplay

Even if it is filmed from a cam it seems to be looking damn nice for a Wii game. Everything seems to be running smoothly as well.

Capcom will make a shitload of money on this game from Japan only and it'll probably sell pretty well all over the rest of the world as well.

<message edited by Demonoroth on Oct 10, 2008 13:30>
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Monster Hunter 3 - Oct 10, 2008 14:09
Will it though? I'm not sure if things are as cut and dried as that.

Monster Hunter has done very, very well for itself on a portable console, it's true, but as far as I'm aware the PS2 originals have yet to break a million sales apiece worldwide (having said that, Monster Hunter is a far bigger franchise these days than it was in 2005). I think it's worth thinking about what exactly - at a mechanical level - makes this series a success, and how much that's dependent on supporting hardware.
<message edited by Edwin on Oct 10, 2008 14:10>
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Monster Hunter 3 - Oct 10, 2008 15:35
Old people and girls won't even understand the game. They'd have to turn it into a party game and make it Balance Board compatible for it to sell well in the west.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll