Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 12, 2008 07:59
...both from PlatinumGames (ex-Clover Studio/Capcom staffers)

MadWord - Trailer

Bayonetta - Trailer

Both look fuck awesome - especially MadWorld

The Bayonetta trailers is just a CG teaser, but it' s being directed by the guy who created the original Devil May Cry and he' ll be looking to out-do Capcom' s DMC4. Should be badass.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 12, 2008 08:23
Sweet... I just love the boldness of the MadWorld art direction.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 12, 2008 08:40
Oh fuck! Did you guys see what he did with the stop sign? I don' t know if I support damage to public property. That' s coming right out of the tax payers pockets. I' m all for gouging some assholes eyes out but not with a public sign. That' s... that' s not sending a good messege to our youth. I for one would feel much more comfortable if the character carried arround his own stabbing device. Maybe they can have a store with such items for sale to the players. Because ripping out a public sign like that and destroying public property, that' s just not being a good influence for our children.

Madworld indeed.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 12 Jul 08 9:47:21 >
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 12, 2008 17:16
I bow down to your sarcasm, Agent. Seriously.

Madworld looks very good, but where are the gameplay vids, hm? 2 more days, then.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 12, 2008 17:49
Thank you. I can' t take all the credit though, my good friend Johnnie Walker has been a strong influence for me.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 12, 2008 18:14
MadWorld looks lovely, the Wii has to take a really cool art direction for it to be any good.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 12, 2008 18:25
Awesome graphical design. Violence is a bit " over the top" for me, as if it is being violent just for the sake of being violent.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 13, 2008 11:44
MadWorld looks amazing... seriously stunning.

I' ve got doubts it' ll perform well because of the black and white look (I dig it personally). " A bit of the old ultraviolence" will either push it off shelves like hotcakes, or limit it' s audience, and I haven' t decided which yet.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 13, 2008 15:14
I am looking forward to see more about Bayonetta. As far as Mad World, dude that' s fu.cked up
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 13, 2008 23:13
Love the art direction in Madworld, and as for the Bayonetta trailer, well is didn' t show enough for me to say good or bad either way.

GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Jul 14, 2008 06:36
I thought those videos were released some time ago.
Anyway i think Bayonetta is a little bit over doing it. I mean guns in her high heels? Come on.

Mad World looks mad but i need to see more gameplay to make my mind about it.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 21, 2008 11:19
New Leipzig trailer

This brings a smile to my face...I can't find any other word besides awesome.

Everytime I see the game I think the style is awesome and the violence just makes me chuckle.

Thank you Sega and Nintendo for this "Family friendly fun" game. And boy does it look fun. From the first second I saw this I was sold and I really can't wait to get my hands on this game to kill in the most brutal and over the top ways.

Seriously how awesome can it get...man darts, ramming caution signs in someone's head and now throwing people into a running jet engine...hehehehe...just awesome that's all I can say.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 21, 2008 13:26
Sega definitely showing another side of themselves with he blood and gore artistic style games. I am glad that PlatinumGames are till showing the gaming community what they can do. Mad World reminds me of God Hand, wrt fighting stance, using environment items for fighting and the fighting. Just in a Sin City world and M rating for the gore and fatalities.

Bayonetta was just a trailer so will be reserved till i see some actual gameplay.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 21, 2008 18:31
Looks like it'll be fun just figuring out what you can do with various environmental elements, like grinding someone against a passing train until they're ground into an explosion of blood.  Sheesh... imagine the brainstorming sessions those designers had.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 21, 2008 18:36
Fuck awesome indeed. It looks beautiful.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 21, 2008 22:07
Eddie_the_Hated

MadWorld looks amazing... seriously stunning.

I' ve got doubts it' ll perform well because of the black and white look (I dig it personally). " A bit of the old ultraviolence" will either push it off shelves like hotcakes, or limit it' s audience, and I haven' t decided which yet.

Speaking of "A bit of the old ultraviolence", why have we not seen a Clockwork Orange game?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 22, 2008 04:02
Because Dan...

Badass mofos like that don't need to be turned into crappy movie game characters. It'd be in the same vein as a Pulp Fiction game. It sounds far cooler than it could actually ever be.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 22, 2008 09:10
Eddie_the_Hated

Because Dan...

Badass mofos like that don't need to be turned into crappy movie game characters. It'd be in the same vein as a Pulp Fiction game. It sounds far cooler than it could actually ever be.

touché
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 22, 2008 10:48
Some Bayonetta as well.

These are supposed to be in-game screens.

If they are then Sega has got themselves a pretty nice looking gameright there. A bit of a shame though we ain't got a real trailer.

GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: MadWorld (Wii) & Bayonetta (PS3/360) - Aug 25, 2008 22:47
Demonoroth please dont bump too old threads. Just make a new one and post what you have in them. I always end up reading things imagining i have wierd dejavu's until i realize that its an old thread. Thanks.

On topic:
Well didnt see Mad World video cuz im busy downloading The Last Guy demo from PSN (Ratchet and Clank when i get a US credit card ; ;) but doesnt Bayonneta screenies look ALOT like DMC4? are they going for a direct head to head match here? It looks nice overall but need bigger pics to check out the details.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message