Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MGS4 ' Gun Metal Gray' PS3 Bundle
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
MGS4 ' Gun Metal Gray' PS3 Bundle - May 18, 2008 13:28

Sure, you could buy one of those standard Metal Gear Solid 4 PlayStation 3 bundles for $499, like some lowly and insignificant plebe. Or, you could make the jump to high society and buy yourself a fancy limited edition " Gun Metal Gray" MGS4 PS3 bundle instead -- but Konami won' t make it easy for you. Details on how to get this upper-crust model were revealed on the PlayStation Blog, and as it turns out the $599 limited edition will only be available for purchase through Konami.com.

Being a limited edition, it won' t be as simple as adding it to your imaginary cart. In fact, you can' t even preorder it yet -- that doesn' t start until Monday, May 19. You can, however, add it to your " wish list" right now, but what that actually accomplishes as far your likelihood of getting one is anyone' s guess.

So what do you get for your trouble and six hundred clams? The package includes: a 40GB PS3 (in snazzy gray, of course), a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4, an exclusive Blu-ray disc with two hours of extra content, including a Making of MGS4 documentary and another behind-the-scenes featurette called " Hideo Kojima' s Gene," and the official MGS4 soundtrack, with 16 never-before-released pieces by game composers Harry Gregson-Williams, Nobuko Toda, and Ennio Morricone.

Oddly enough, the standard MGS4 bundle actually comes with an 80 gig PS3, and yet costs a hundred bucks less. Apparently the price of gray paint has gone up with gas?

Article cited from 1up.

MGS fan boys/girls are in for a treat!
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: MGS4 ' Gun Metal Gray' PS3 Bundle - May 18, 2008 23:05
(shouts) PS3 for sale! hey wait a minute. . .

40GB PS3

Nvm.[:' (]
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MGS4 ' Gun Metal Gray' PS3 Bundle - May 19, 2008 00:37

40GB PS3

Nvm.

Agreed. I don' t know why you would buy the gimped version, unless you absolutely couldn' t find the 80 in stock.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MGS4 ' Gun Metal Gray' PS3 Bundle - May 19, 2008 00:43

Agreed. I don' t know why you would buy the gimped version, unless you absolutely couldn' t find the 80 in stock.

En europe there is no 80gb model and no 60ies anymore
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: MGS4 ' Gun Metal Gray' PS3 Bundle - May 19, 2008 21:52
Looks like a nice deal this. I wonder what it will cost in Europe. The same number but replacing dollar with euro again I assume.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll