Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lego Indiana Jones PC Demo!!!!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Lego Indiana Jones PC Demo!!!! - May 14, 2008 01:09
LINK

I will have to wait until after work to download this, but if anyone gets to it sooner please give impressions.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Lego Indiana Jones PC Demo!!!! - May 14, 2008 04:35
I' ve never really played any of the LEGO games. This seems like a fun parody of the movies. The demo lets you play the intro sequence to Raiders of the Lost Ark (although they call the game The Lost Temple for some reason), starting from the beginning in the jungle to the end after escaping the rolling boulder sequence.

They use a few nuances from the film like Indy' s wry smile, but they leave most of the obvious ones out, like the fact your buddy should double cross you and die, and the closing stone barrier that you should have to dive through not forgetting the whip etc.

Still the music is nice and reminiscent and the graphics pretty much fulfil their task of looking like LEGO and not just a game.

But the actual game as a platformer isn' t the most exciting or interesting or taxing. You should never really get game over, if you fall off a ledge because you thought you had to jump down there to progress, then you just respawn. And if you get hit by an enemy, you just whip a piece of grass and it morphs into a heart - which I guess you must eat or something.

As far as a game goes - they may have just been better off releasing a parody on youtube or something. Releasing it around the time of the new movie was definitely sensible because I can' t figure out who would actually buy the game otherwise.

It was probably targeted mostly towards kids, hence the difficulty level or lack of it and the lack of actual death of the characters that die in the film. I wonder what they' ll do for the sequence where all the Nazi' s faces melt off.

Were the LEGO Star Wars games any good btw?
< Message edited by choupolo -- 13 May 08 20:39:36 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Lego Indiana Jones PC Demo!!!! - May 14, 2008 09:41
I' m short a DLL after I go to play it. What the hell?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Lego Indiana Jones PC Demo!!!! - May 14, 2008 16:19
I always download my PC demos from here. Much faster servers and hardly ever get corrupted during transfer.

Its the only site I' ve ever reached my full bandwidth potential of 200KBps on actually. Its amazing how they keep it all free tbh. Lots of adverts heh.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Lego Indiana Jones PC Demo!!!! - May 16, 2008 00:09

Were the LEGO Star Wars games any good btw?

Well I thought they were kind of fun... Like a silent comedy movie... Just like that Mel Brooks movie " Silent Movie" = No speech but hilarious anyway

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll