Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lair review up !!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Lair review up !! - Aug 31, 2007 11:21
Apparently the controls suck .. Damn , Lair looked sweet ...

IGN
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Lair review up !! - Aug 31, 2007 11:23
It' s funny, I was just about to make a post about Lair reviews.

It' s pretty shocking that they would *** up such a big title by having shitty controls.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 31 Aug 07 3:26:57 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Lair review up !! - Aug 31, 2007 11:36
Yeah , and from the review it seems the controls are pretty f***ked up. Dont these people play their own games . The same thing comes to my mind when i see Too human . I have a gut feeling we are goin to get a similar review for too human ...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 01, 2007 00:10
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

4.9/10

ROFL

HAHAHA!
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 01, 2007 01:47
I think that this generation is a bit weird. To me personally it doesn' t seem as good (untill now) compared to the last one or those before. Lots of sequels to games that didn' t really need one (due to an already planned story line or something similar). And there are few titles that really stand out I think. Again, in my opinion ;)
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 01, 2007 02:39
I don' t trust reviewers anymore..

Obviously the IGN-reviewer didn' t run the tutorial any longer than the mandatory 10 ring tutorial-mission, and he must have ruined his stereo, and probably forgotten to switch channel on his TV with those grades to the Lair channell.. :-/

A shame really, hopefully we will get a review from the IGN-UK department who did the last preview, were they bragged about the controller granted it took 10 minutes to learn, but it were tight and precise according to them. :)

It' s only a 7,5 game according to most normal people who played it, but I expect I will like it, as I usually do with dragon-games. :)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 01, 2007 06:09

I think that this generation is a bit weird. To me personally it doesn' t seem as good (untill now) compared to the last one or those before. Lots of sequels to games that didn' t really need one (due to an already planned story line or something similar). And there are few titles that really stand out I think. Again, in my opinion ;)

Maybe, though i just think its a case of thinking about the " good" old days! This Gen is comparable to last gen, there were no or few good games around release of consoles, 360 is starting to get superb games!§
ys

RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 02, 2007 02:22
I don' t know if it' s a case of " the good old days" . For me personally it might have to do with my personal taste I fear. Last generation the Dreamcast started out with a few good titles at - or not too long after - launch. Soul Calibur being one of them. There were also titles like Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic and things like Space Channel 5, Jet Set Radio, Seaman, Rez etc.
Besides that, I liked some of the quirky or different games and gave some a try to see what it is about at least.
This generation then seems more...how should I put it, streamlined in a way. There' s less offbeat stuff and everything feels more corporate in a way. Of course, it has always been an industry. But now it feels more mainstream which is probably partially caused by the gaming industry getting more attention from regular media. And because of how things are now less risks can or want to be taken.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 02, 2007 12:40
They have to take less risks, because of the rising development costs. The best games always come at the end of every generation when the install base is much greater.
ys

RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 02, 2007 23:19
Yeah I know. It' s a bit of a shame I think that things are this way now. Sony entering the console market changed things a bit. For good and bad I think. Good is that games got more accepted in a way outside of the gaming world. Bad is that the industry feels more corporate somehow if you know what I mean. Having Sega and Nintendo fight it out before felt different compared to Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo now. Probably due to the fact that the first two are non-gaming companies essentially.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 03, 2007 01:41

It' s only a 7,5 game according to most normal people who played it, but I expect I will like it, as I usually do with sony-games. :)

Fixed
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 03, 2007 04:01
There are plenty Sony games that I don' t like to play, critically acclaimed GoW forinstance. I love the art direction there, but I' d much rather prefer watching a video of it, instead of playing through it. :)

Judging by the IGN-reader reviews, Lair dosn' t seem to be such a bad game if you' re open to motion-controls..

IGN seems to be stuck on that noone should be using the six-axis.
I managed to learn it in Superubaduck (wich were impossible to control according to IGN), and Flow aswell.
And I expect I will manage to learn the motion controls in this game aswell, especially since there is a tutorial here wich I can go back to, and do more challenges, if I get more trouble when playing it.

We' ll see..

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 03, 2007 05:34
Any game scoring under 5 in any magazine isnt worth purchasing, no matter how much hypes been generated.

Lair = Shit!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 03, 2007 08:32
I tried to get the hang of the motion controls in Warhawk but found myself going back to the analog sticks. Lair had promise, but unless they add stick functionality via an update i won' t be buying it.

Shame really.

mastachefbkw

RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 03, 2007 10:10

There are plenty Sony games that I don' t like to play, critically acclaimed GoW forinstance. I love the art direction there, but I' d much rather prefer watching a video of it, instead of playing through it. :)

Are you serious? I cant stand 2/3 of the stuff sony puts out, but GoW was almost enough to drive me to pay full price for a second PS2
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 03, 2007 14:13

Are you serious? I cant stand 2/3 of the stuff sony puts out, but GoW was almost enough to drive me to pay full price for a second PS2

Stop with this " sony" bs. Sony and MS put out so many similar games it' s only the exclusives that set em apart. Currently MS has more, and better exclusives, but if you hate 2/3 of what Sony has on their console, you must hate at least 1/2 of what MS has on the 360.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 03, 2007 15:39

Sony and MS put out so many similar games

Yeah, I mean Sony with their flagship FPS' s and MS with their flagship JRPG' s....

Fucking moron.
mastachefbkw

RE: Lair review up !! - Sep 03, 2007 23:43

Stop with this " sony" bs. Sony and MS put out so many similar games it' s only the exclusives that set em apart. Currently MS has more, and better exclusives, but if you hate 2/3 of what Sony has on their console, you must hate at least 1/2 of what MS has on the 360.

Where did I say anything about sony having too many similar games? All I said was I couldnt stand 2/3 of the games sony puts out, which is my opinion. Perhaps you should read before posting in the future

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll