Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lair analog controls patched in
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
Lair analog controls patched in - Apr 17, 2008 03:39
The playstation store added a patch on April 14th that allows you to control the game with the analog controls, as well as control 2 new dragons.

I' m wondering if anyone here actually owns the game and has/will try it out. I only ever rented the game once, and couldn' t stand more than 30 min of it. I don' t think even amazing controls could save the game since it had some other glaring issues, but maybe now it would be worth playing. There are sure as hell enough cheap copies of the game around to make finding it easy.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Lair analog controls patched in - Apr 17, 2008 03:41
Ive always liked the inital look of this game but other than the broken motion controls (now fixed), i hear it also suffered some serious framerate issues??
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Lair analog controls patched in - Apr 17, 2008 03:41
When a game has to have analog controls patched onto it and the controller it is
played with primarily has analog controls.... You know there is a serious problem.

If you buy this game...... You smell of eggs... and who wants that?

Of course rentals are acceptable.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Lair analog controls patched in - Apr 17, 2008 03:49

Ive always liked the inital look of this game but other than the broken motion controls (now fixed), i hear it also suffered some serious framerate issues??

The framerate got awfully bad at times, something I could get over in a great game, but it was far from that. I also found some of the sound effects to be awfully poor. The dragon on dragon close combat wasn' t the greatest either. Ground combat was sort of bland, but I seem to recall a lot of that being the controls aggravating me.

Like I said, flawed, but with a decent set of controls, it could be worth playing. It' s not like we have different fantasy dragon action games to play.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Lair analog controls patched in - Apr 17, 2008 04:12
Impressions, if anybody' s willing to try it are welcome.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll