Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kojima mistranslated - not so disappointed with MGS4
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Kojima mistranslated - not so disappointed with MGS4 - May 14, 2008 05:23
This is a few days old, but in response to news last month of Kojima' s apparent disatisfaction with his own game, a translation of his blog now suggests that he feels he was too literally translated and he was actually just being modest.

Linkeroony

Original thread

I guess its reassuring then that Kojima might believe videogames are art.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 13 May 08 21:33:57 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Kojima mistranslated - not so disappointed with MGS4 - May 14, 2008 07:24
Fucking Americans
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Kojima mistranslated - not so disappointed with MGS4 - May 14, 2008 07:43
I wouldn' t blame America (this has nothing to do with this country). Kojima is doing what is called " damage control" . he said something he shouldn' t have and is now regretting it. Michael Bay did the same thing when Transformers went to HD DVD. Surely Konami was upset by his comments and finally convinced him to make another press release about them.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Kojima mistranslated - not so disappointed with MGS4 - May 14, 2008 09:15

I wouldn' t blame America (this has nothing to do with this country). Kojima is doing what is called " damage control" . he said something he shouldn' t have and is now regretting it. Michael Bay did the same thing when Transformers went to HD DVD. Surely Konami was upset by his comments and finally convinced him to make another press release about them.

I agree, and I also believe that Konami might be holding Kojima' s family hostage somewhere until he retracts his previous statement. It' s not like what Kojima said was that much of a big deal, I mean I have yet to read about a developer who was 100% satisfied with how their games turned out. It' s always " Could' ve, Should' ve, Would' ve" , it' s never been " This game is everything I wanted it to be and more!"
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kojima mistranslated - not so disappointed with MGS4 - May 14, 2008 09:39
Kojima is a quirky genius. He' s opinionated, and you have to take the good with the bad.

Needless to say, that doesn' t work in the corporate world.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Kojima mistranslated - not so disappointed with MGS4 - May 15, 2008 21:34
I understand what hes saying. the Japanese are very polite and i wouldnt write off that it was a mistranslation. On the other hand, Kojima is a genius and even if he wasnt satisfied with the game it should be perfectly fine with us since his standards are probably higher than most of the gamers out there.

Konami might be holding Kojima' s family hostage somewhere until he retracts his previous statement.

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Kojima mistranslated - not so disappointed with MGS4 - May 16, 2008 03:07

his standards are probably higher than most of the gamers out there.

I' m not so sure about that. He' s not a demigod. He plays the same games we do.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll