Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 46
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 00:29

" Game-wise, it' s pretty close to the original vision: you sneak into the battlefield and can choose whether to do a stealth game or interfere with the battle more directly. But the graphic, side things like motion-blending and the size of the map, totally was not accomplished to my original vision - to my satisfaction.

A little harsh, don' t you think? No less for his own title.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 00:45
Well Kojima-san, just delay the game for another year if your original vision was not met ... I' m sure the rest of the gaming world would just *LOVE* me for making such a suggestion
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 00:51

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Well Kojima-san, just delay the game for another year if your original vision was not met ... I' m sure the rest of the gaming world would just *LOVE* me for making such a suggestion

Just gives me more time to save money for a PS3. I actually like that suggestion...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 01:02
And more time for people to realise that Splinter Cell is actually a MUCH better game..

I mean, he can give UbiSoft time to bring out Splinter Cell V: Conviction if he wants.
Rampage99

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 01:08
Well of course Splinter Cell is the better game. That doesn' t mean I don' t want to at least try MGS4 though (as long as it' s better than 3 cause 3 sucked).
Terry Bogard

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 01:21

Well of course Splinter Cell is the better game. That doesn' t mean I don' t want to at least try MGS4 though (as long as it' s better than 3 cause 3 sucked).

What was it that you hated about part 3? There was one boss battle that I actually despised! The loooooong, boring battle vs. the sniper.. That had to be one of the longest boss battles I ever had to endure, other than that I dug some of the camouflage index and CQC stuff.
Tiz

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 01:25
Terry, why didn' t you just do what everyone else did and fast forward your PS2
internal clock to 20:10 09/09/9999??
Terry Bogard

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 01:45

And what the heck did that do??

I cheat in some games but I don' t think I cheated at all in that game, I actually suffered through that looooooong, grueling battle! And it was also that boss fight that kept me from playing through the game a second time.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 18 Apr 08 17:47:19 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 01:53
anybody who hated 3 needs their head checked asap.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 18 Apr 08 17:54:11 >
Tiz

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 02:12

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

And what the heck did that do??

The sniper died of old age.

You can then advance the plotline without fighting him.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 02:13

" Game-wise, it' s pretty close to the original vision: you sneak into the battlefield and can choose whether to do a stealth game or interfere with the battle more directly. But the graphic, side things like motion-blending and the size of the map, totally was not accomplished to my original vision - to my satisfaction.

He must of played Crysis on a meaty PC.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 02:21

anybody who hated 3 needs their head checked asap.

Agreed.
Tiz

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 02:25
" Anybody who loved 3 needs their head checked."

It' s just as easy.

mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 02:42

Any body that thinks splinter cell is better than metal gear needs to see the doctor for head trauma.

This sniper part was one of the best parts in the game to me I love to play the sniper role. Best role in any game.
Rampage99

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 02:42
Yeah, I prefer games where you actually get to play them... now I don' t mind long cutscenes that has a good story. That part I could have lived with. What killed me was spending more time in the menu switching camo and bandaging my wounds that actually controlling my character. Probably less than a quarter of the game was actually ' playable' . Then again I really on' t know because I only got about 12 hours into the game before I couldn' t handle not playing anymore
Tiz

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 02:45

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Any body that thinks splinter cell is better than metal gear needs to see the doctor for head trauma.

Then when the doctor realises that everything is fine, he' ll change his synopsis.
Terry Bogard

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 03:18

This sniper part was one of the best parts in the game to me I love to play the sniper role. Best role in any game.

Depends on what sniper part you' re referring to. If you mean playing the role of a sniper and picking off enemies one by one then I agree, those are always a lot of fun. But battling that old sniper dude was just looong and became a bit tiresome. You had to chase the geriatric around the jungle for what seemed like an hour, get a bead on his location, blast him, find his new location, blast him again, rinse repeat.

I don' t even know how long it took me to finally kill his old ass! It felt like an hour but I honestly don' t know.

And I' m not against long boss battles, I just didn' t like that particular boss battle.
I think the longest boss battle I' ve ever engaged in was against the final boss in Kingdom of Paradise for the PSP. That was a 40-45 minute boss fight and I actually enjoyed that battle a great deal and beat the game around 10 times before finally putting it on the shelf.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 18 Apr 08 19:20:57 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 03:21

ORIGINAL: Tiz

That is my birthday! And the Dreamcast' s too.
Terry Bogard

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 03:29

That is my birthday! And the Dreamcast' s too.

Actually I have always considered November 27, 1998 to be the Dreamcast' s birthday. September 9, 1999 was when it immigrated to the U.S., got its naturalization papers and became a citizen of the USA. . Same thing applies to its European release.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 04:05
I quite liked the sniper boss part in mgs3. Actually I loved the fact I never realised it was a boss battle until people were saying so afterwards on the net.

I just considered it part of the game, hence that hour or so was just game-time rather than extended boss-time. It was cool how you had to get on with the game on edge knowing there was someone stalking you.

The reason I prefer MGS over Splinter Cell though, is because of better characterisation, and the fact that the main hero isn' t trying to creep around with 3 glowing targets on his forehead! Just ridiculous, heh. Loved Chaos Theory as a game however.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 46

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message