Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone 2 interview
Taz

• Total Posts : 8
Killzone 2 interview - May 19, 2008 09:24
" online play is 50%"

Good to know that the online aint a last minute thing, lets just hope it actually plays well. Doubt it will be up ther with COD4 but they might be able to pull something out of the bag.

Using R3 to aim sounds bit crappy but we will have to wait and see how thats actually gonna work.

Another interesting thing i noticed was how you turn the valve (not that its an essential gameplay element but blahh) so i had a little gander and found this

" Once the action was over, there was a valve that needed to be turned counterclockwise, and by holding down the L1 and R1 buttons and tilting the controller to the left, the valve turns. Releasing L1 and R1 and tilting right, positioned my hands back to the other side of the valve, where I could then inch it along until it popped."

Hey at least its original, dunno how well its going to work, might just be annoying rather then anything. Opinions anyone?

Source = http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/previews/185669.shtml

Soz if its a bit of a shit post, bit a noob with the whole forum shizny!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Killzone 2 interview - May 20, 2008 00:35
Not an interview, but whatever...

GamePro sucks ass, ...always has, ...so it' s no surprise that it reads like it' s been written by a 5 years old. However, you bring up 2 interesting points. The use of SixAxis and using R3 to snap into close aim.

Having to hold the buttons down (almost as if your grasping the valve) and then turning it will likely increase immersion while ensuring and accurate response. The tilt controls in Lair (and other PS3 games) don' t always register properly so you end up doing something other than what it was you wanted to do. Holding the buttons down lets the game know that what context the input entered falls into.

As for using R3 for close aim (or snapping to ironsights - whatever you want to call it) ...the same system is used in Resistance, as well as many other games. I would prefer a more CoD4-esque method, but i' ll manage either way. I' d actually like them to offer a custimizable controls scheme so i could switch fire from R2 to R1. Like Agent said, it' s not perfect but it' d be better.

Anyway, welcome to Kikizo
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Killzone 2 interview - May 20, 2008 01:09
I' ve gotten use to the R2 firing method from GTA IV so I' ll manage
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Killzone 2 interview - May 20, 2008 19:23
The valve turning this was cool. I saw it on one of GT' s KZ2 videos. It makes you feel as you are really opening the door (or whatever it was) and will be a nice way to eliminate gameplay stress or maybe increase it if you had to do it fast.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll