Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come"
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 18:20

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

Would the ability to beeing able to finally crotch-grab people wich are giving you grief, calling you gay and similar, weigh up for that?

WTF ?????

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 19:51

like they currently do on the Bluray-disk, you would get it on 5 DVD' s I believe.

Why?

The textures in metal gear isnt extremely high resolution, its just slightly above average, what puts MGS apart is its high poly models but those dont take up a lot of space.

The sound takes up a lot of space as well, but i reckon thats not compressed that much since they dont have to.

If Mass Effect comes on one disc, MGS would easily go on 2 discs.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 29, 2008 22:45
Exactly what i was thinking . I guess the devs would not compress the textures while developing for the ps3 simply because they dont have to . The cut scenes will probably be the only reason why you cant jam in to a disc or two . I feel LO could have easily come in a disc or at the most two discs if it werent for the cut scenes .
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 30, 2008 10:22

Just out of curiosity, would people here on Kikizo buy a 360 MGS Online (Let' s say 40$), if you didn' t get the story aswell, or would you feel the version were to gimped?
The only part of MGS I like is the story. I don' t like the gameplay much at all, and paying $40 for the shit end of a $60 game doesn' t sound like my cup of Tea.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 30, 2008 10:26

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Exactly what i was thinking . I guess the devs would not compress the textures while developing for the ps3 simply because they dont have to . The cut scenes will probably be the only reason why you cant jam in to a disc or two . I feel LO could have easily come in a disc or at the most two discs if it werent for the cut scenes .

They sure as hell compress the textures with only 256 mb of video memory.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 30, 2008 10:40

There are two pre-recorded cutscenes in MGS4.
The rest are in-engine.

Not true.

All of the cutscenes are video files, ...there are only two that you can' t zoom in on.

All of the cutscenes are in-engine, but none are running in realtime.

Blah blah blah... usual pro-Sony bullshit... Blu-Ray pwns... etc etc etc...

No.

I think, that maybe MGS Online will be ported to 360, some time in the future.
But I don' t think that Singleplayer MGS4 will get ported, especially concidering that they will need to completely redo parts of the game.

Like replacing the DualShock controller with a 360 controller. Yeah, ...it' d need some major fucking surgery... Better not bother then...

But no, i can' t see the game being ported, ...even the multiplayer. Y' see, 360 owners wouldn' t like the online mode. Because it blows. They might all be racist, abusive little fuckers, ...but they know what they like, ...and MGO is just too Sony.

Same thing with Resistance. To the PlayStation gamer it was/is awesome, because they never had anything like that with PS2 (just SOCOM), ...but compared to Xbox/360 games is was a mess. A game from a developer who had never put out an online game before, on a console that didn' t have a proper online service, for gamers who' s only experience with the internet was checking their emails at college.

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 30, 2008 11:43

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

The textures in metal gear isnt extremely high resolution, its just slightly above average, what puts MGS apart is its high poly models but those dont take up a lot of space.

Actually the models in MGS were very low poly. From a technical aspect MGS really wasn' t anything special. It was all in the art direction just like the previous games. The environments were quite basic and pretty low poly overall. Characters were also quite low poly, especially side characters. The main characters' faces were pushing some polys but even on Snake I had no problem picking out polygons especially in comparison to some other games. The textures, too, as you mentioned weren' t all that high res. I know people say it was hard to find ' blurry textures' but that doesn' t mean they weren' t low res in many many areas (and I did find my fair share of blurry textures right from the get go). The textures in MGS were very clean and very basic, just like the previous installments.

What makes MGS stand out visually was the astounding art direction, the animation, and some of the best normal maps I' ve seen (Snake' s normal map was immaculate!). It technically from what I could tell wasn' t really pushing any major boundaries. After finishing Uncharted a couple days ago I' ll even say from a technical standpoint that game was more impressive. Still, MGS4 is easily unmatched in overall visual quality and presentation and that' s all that really matters when you' re looking at the graphics. You can have the greatest, most technically advanced engine ever made but unless you have great art direction backing it up it means nothing.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 30 Jun 08 3:44:37 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jun 30, 2008 11:48

You working for the Sony PR office ?

No, I just don' t buy into partisan bullshit. People bitched and whined when the PS3 first released, because with the exception of Resistance and Genji, titles for the first six months looked like shit, and I claimed that once the developers got their bearings, games would be looking lovely...

...and they did.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jul 01, 2008 07:12
I still dont think killzone 2 looks that great.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jul 01, 2008 08:35

I still dont think killzone 2 looks that great.
I think it looks pretty good, although, I don' t see where people see fit to say " ZOMG IT TEH BLOWZ GEARS OUT OF TEH WATTTTER!!!!1!!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Kaz Hirai: " True Generation" PS3 Titles To Come" - Jul 01, 2008 21:40

Yes, well, Blinx 2 claimed to be " 5D" . And that was from Microsoft

Adam I know nothing about physics,I know we live in a 3d world but isnt one dimension time?
I think that might have been one thing about blinx...
I mean you do control the time since you can rewind and pause(pause in that sense that just everything around you stops but not the player).
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 1 Jul 08 13:42:38 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread