Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 17, 2006 02:20

Original by: Silentbomber, from the Di Onysius code thread
But more importantly.. how was your trip to Japan? got pics?

Original by: ]GaNgStA[, from the Di Onysius code thread
Yeah , how was it? tell us all about it man :)

Are you sure?

It’ll be long!

Well then, I shall, but remember you brought this upon yourself buddy! [:' (]

Though it is impossible to remember all and you probably don’t want to know every little detail, I shall bring you down the highpoints of my trip.

For a start, we arrive at Kansai airport, I find out my cell which I had been would work in Japan, does in fact NOT work in Japan... Not that I care.
We take a bus to Osaka and get completely lost in the city, like small-town folks that we are. So I ask a lady the directions of the hotel, but she leads us all the way there (it was probably a 2 km walk there). She even called the hotel and asked where it was, as she herself didn’t know.
The hotel is located in the worst part of Osaka (aka the most fun place), where hookers walk the streets in evenings and Yakuza rules. But it was all fun, and I became friend with the receptionist of the hotel. Kohei (unsure of the spelling) was his name and he is the only person in Japan, that I met, who speaks decent English. He is also full of hate and complains on everything… Especially Bush, North Korea and Mexicans… He had lived in L.A for a couple of years.
At the evening I went for a drink with my friend and find this soft place to relax and meet some people. So I order a beer for me and my friend, but when I where about to give the bartender the money, she refused me. Thinking it was odd, as she didn’t write it up, I was unsure whether the first drink was free or something. So I check again when I order a second beer, BUT once again she refuses to take payment. You know what that means? FREE BEER!!!
But even though the beer was free, me and my friend quickly got bored of the place and went to find another Club/Pub. And we found one, with the help of some sleezy, sweaty Japanese guy, wearing a suit, yelling “Bunny Bar, Bunny Bar!!!” We follow him to some dark, scary back alley (actually, nothing is scary in Japan) and take an elevator up to the forth floor of some old building and find a pub which in Sweden definitely wouldn’t pass fire safety regulations, having only one exit (which is the elevator) and being as thin as the corridor in my home. Also, the name of the pub wasn’t just for fun, for the girls did indeed wear Playboy’ish Nunny suit, but they looked no older than 14, even though they ensured me they where all over 19 (I am too young to drink in Japan BTW, but they all let me anyway… ‘cause I’m so cute ()). I also made a pinky promise with one of the girls that I would return before leaving for Sweden.

Huff puff, huff puff...

A short breather please…

*phew*

OK, here we go again!

Still in Osaka, I eat Takoyaki, and get asked by some hair saloon to model for something… I was unfortunately on my way to Kobe.
In Kobe I, my friend and my brother eat the famous Kobe beef… It was deliscous!
I went to Nara for just one day… It rained… A lot!
I arrive in Okayama and get interviewed by NHK (which happen to be one of Japans BIGGEST television channels), about the football game between Croatia and Japan… You know I’m Swedish, but my father is Croatian? Coincidence? She (the reporter) went hyper when she found out.
We arrive at Kyoto, see the temples and sneak into a forest, clearly marked no trespassing and get chased by guard dogs. Also, at the temples it was smacked with school kids, which when they saw me and my co-travelers didn’t couldn’t care less about the temples. I was thinking about writing a sign saying something like, “Take a picture with the foreign guy, 1000 yen”
We head back to Osaka, spend the night and in the morning I went for a smoke (the other were still sleeping… lazy bastards) and that is when I ended up in a gay bar, with an old man trying to convince me with money to go to a hotel with him,… It’s a long story, but let me make sure you know I said “No”
We head for Tokyo (this city is really depressing, it makes you feel really insignificant) with the Shinkansen (the worlds fastest civil train! Or so I’ve heard), and there we see various sights, like Tokyo tower and Akihabara, in which me and my friend went to a Maid Café... That was a bit of a shocker. Then I went to taste some SUMO food (which was delicious) and afterwards the waitress came and flirted with me. Her name was Aya (I think), whom I thought was really sweet. In the evening we went to a bar were all the girls cosplayed as something and they dressed us up with cat ears. I told them that we hadn’t eaten anything for the whole day, and they felt so sorry for us that they asked the manager if we could get something to eat, and he made us a large plate of takoyaki. And so I got to know the manager and we discussed each others tattoos, after which the girls asked to take a picture together with us, which they kept. Oh, and I was told I was a “Bishounen”… Sorry Bishounen
We then headed to Yokohama which is a beautiful western style city and we stayed at a really luxurious hotel, which we had no idea it was (‘cause it was cheap), so as soon as our luggage carrier left the room we started jumping around and giggling like little school girls. When we went out, we saw the filming of a JDorama (I think it is selled that way), which looked really amateurish. We also went up Japans highest building and walked the sat in the park all night… Which was a little uncomfortable, as it appears there are no singles in all of Yokohama, or if there are, then they are locked up in their rooms during night and the parks are the den of the couples.
And then we headed to Hakone in which we relax all days long, staying at a ryokan (I wore Yukata) and bathed in onsens (luckily, as tattoos are sometimes forbidden). Here I mostly enjoyed nature and spent a great deal of time, simply exploring anything I found interesting.
Then we finally return to Osaka, a couple of days before our trip home, and I fulfilled my promise with the girl from the bar and I played matchmaker for my friend, leaving him alone in the pub (there was a girl he liked there), forcing him and the girl (whom neither understand each other) to try and communicate without me. I then went out and got laid (she was BE-AU-TI-FUL, BTW ). Later the same evening my friend returns to the hotel room (which I as well had returned to) with the girl from the pub, and asks if me, and my brother could just go on a walk or something. That is when two really buff Australians comes forth and starts asking some really rude questions and being general dicks, so… It’s really sad that there had to be a fight so near the end of the trip and that of course it is with two “foreign” guys. But no matter, for the next day I learned a fun fact, as I heard from Kohei and SAW with my own two eyes, a famous Japanese actress, whom had stayed at our shabby Osaka hotel. Kohei told me she is really famous in Japan (but he wouldn' t tell me her name) and that she had stayed at the hotel with two men (not the Australians). I saw these fellows as well, the looked cocky, wearing those suits. He also mentioned he had talked to her for a bit and that he thought she was a real bitch and snob.
Lastly we went on a shopping spree, I bought chopsticks, as well as another odd souvenir, namely a Japanese melon, which we decided to smuggle to Sweden. We succeeded!

Man, I thought I would die from writing this. And do know that this is only a small part of our trip and is far from everything we did and saw. But typing more than this will be bad for my health, and I don’t think it’ll be all that interesting of a read. With that I conclude my trip to Japan in a nutshell.

I got pics, but I’ll save those for later. Now I need to rest my fingers.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 16 Jul 06 20:37:42 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 17, 2006 03:12
You fought some aussies and got laid in Japan. Sounds like a great trip. I always wanted to go to Japan, how much did the whole trip cost?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 17, 2006 04:17
Wait a minute, you' ve got tatoos and you were called a Bishounen... and you' re a Swdish-Croatian?
I can' t imagine how you look, you' ve got to post pictures of yourself!!
Great story though, maybe I' ll visit Japan myself someday.

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 19, 2006 09:20

...wow.. ....i' m pretty impressed man...

...how long were you there for?... and how good is your Japanese??....

...i' ve wanted to visit japan for aaaaaages ...now i wanna go more than ever.. .......

but they looked no older than 14, even though they ensured me they where all over 19

.....that' s like believing Bush' s assurances when he says: " Oil had nothing to do with invading eyerack" ...

Still in Osaka, I eat Takoyaki, and get asked by some hair saloon to model for something… I was unfortunately on my way to Kobe.

...if you' re photogenic enough to be offered modelling you should take it... ...it' s a great way or earning extra cash... ...especially if you' re broke and plan on getting one of those PS3' s ....

(she was BE-AU-TI-FUL, BTW ).

...Asian girls rule the world... ...i swear some day, somehow, i' m gonna have a island like that dude from " Enter The Dragon" ....

Oh, and I was told I was a “Bishounen”… Sorry Bishounen

...well, i' ve cut all my locks of recently (D.U.M.B.)...

....now i just look gay...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 20 Jul 06 19:37:52 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 19, 2006 09:30

that is when I ended up in a gay bar, with an old man trying to convince me with money to go to a hotel with him,… It’s a long story, but let me make sure you know I said “No”

Cool, ...how much was he offering you?!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 19, 2006 09:34

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

Oh, and I was told I was a “Bishounen”… Sorry Bishounen

....now i just look gay...

You look more gay with SHORT hair?! That' s not good! J/k

I' d like to visit Japan as well. Sounds like a fun place to visit. I' d have to go with someone who' s Japanese though, because as much as I' d like to learn the language, I just can' t be bothered.

Dionysius

RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 20, 2006 18:23
Man, I’ve been a bit busy lately, trying to get a tan and checking out schools, sooo… yeah, busy!

Original by: ginjirou
Wait a minute, you' ve got tatoos and you were called a Bishounen... and you' re a Swdish-Croatian?
I can' t imagine how you look, you' ve got to post pictures of yourself!!
Great story though, maybe I' ll visit Japan myself someday.

You really should visit Japan, It’s my favourite country on this little planet, that I’ve visit (and I’ve visit a LOT of places… BTW, I am bragging). As for the picture I think I have posted one early morning picture (though I could be wrong), but I’ll try to post a better one when I get hold of a camera. Also, even though I was once told I was a bishounen I was mostly told how cool I looked, and my friend got frequently mistaken for a girl … I actually think that is a good thing in Japan. Oh, and don’t forget that I’m part Bosnian to.

original by Bishonen
.....that' s like believing Bush' s assurances when he says: " Oil had nothing to do with invading eyerack" ...

Hehe… Good one. But actually the youngest looking one showed us her drivers license… and her BIKE!
Also, it was a frequent occurrence during our trip to Japan, as many Japanese seems to find it fun to be told how young they look and they were all shocked over me having a tattoo and smoking and drinking at the young age of 19! BTW, I never saw anybody younger than 20 smoking or drinking in Japan (that I know of).

original by Bishonen
...if you' re photogenic enough to be offered modelling you should take it... ...it' s a great way or earning extra cash... ...especially if you' re broke and plan on getting one of those PS3' s ....

Don’t remind me I’m broke… *sigh* Well, if all goes as planned I’ll be studying in Hong Kong by the time of its release. And also, I don’t know if I would actually get paid for modelling, it was two young girls that were only studying at the saloon at the salon and they wanted to do a full make and dress up of me, and they (I believe) where the once who would also take the pictures, so it hardly felt professional.

original by Bishonen
...Asian girls rule the world... ...i swear some day, somehow, i' m gonna have a island like that dude from " Enter The Dragon" ....

About that… Will there be any apartments for rent on that island, and if so… How much?!

original by Bishonen

Yes, dumb. In Japan they love locks… You mean locks as in curly hair, right? Not dreadlocks, right? ‘Cause that is not popular in Japan.

original by: Majik
Cool, ...how much was he offering you?!

I have trouble understanding the higher numbers in Japanese, but as far as I know he first offered me about 30,000 yen and then he doubled it. It’s nowhere near enough for me to get dirty.

Random fact about Japan:
A fun/sad thing in Japan is that people (mostly girls) often go to the cinema ALONE! I don’t know about in your countries, but in Sweden that’s just SAD.

Edit:
Another sad thing is when I write this much, but I found this trip really exciting and fun to talk about. My poor fingers.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 20 Jul 06 12:06:15 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 20, 2006 19:39

(and I’ve visit a LOT of places… BTW, I am bragging ()).

Are you some kind of adventurer or something

Well, if all goes as planned I’ll be studying in Hong Kong by the time of its release.

What are you going to study? Videogames?

I have trouble understanding the higher numbers in Japanese, but as far as I know he first offered me about 30,000 yen and then he doubled it. It’s nowhere near enough for me to get dirty.

Man, if someone thought I was that cheap I would beat the crap out of him.

Random fact about Japan:
A fun/sad thing in Japan is that people (mostly girls) often go to the cinema ALONE! I don’t know about in your countries, but in Sweden that’s just SAD.

That' s good, if you want some company you can just go sit right next to one of those girls .

Edit:
Another sad thing is when I write this much, but I found this trip really exciting and fun to talk about. My poor fingers.

We asked you to tell us so it' s not sad. I' m the one who' s disturbingly interested in your trip to Japan and that' s sad .

Dionysius

RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 24, 2006 17:56

What are you going to study? Videogames?

Actually, yes… Video game design and that sort of stuff… ‘Cause I want to make games!!!

Are you some kind of adventurer or something

Man, that would be the coolest! () I’ve always found exploring and travelling to be my greatest interest and even though I’m already 19 I still sometimes go out and start wandering the area I live (together with my trusty dog) in search of places I haven’t explored yet.

And BTW (and I am bragging again), here’s a list of countries I’ve been to (most I’ve visited more than once or twice), that I can remember on the top of my head:

Sweden (of course, duh)
Finland, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, France, Luxumburg, Andorra, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Barbados, Thailand, Morocco, Japan... Hmm… I’m sure I’m forgetting some, but this’ll be enough. And do know, I haven’t listed the ones I have simply passed through or middle landed in.

Another random fun fact about Japan:
You can smoke in McDonald’s in Japan. I don’t know about in your countries, but in Sweden that is a No, no!
< Message edited by dionysius -- 24 Jul 06 10:08:08 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 24, 2006 19:15

and I’ve visit a LOT of places…

Same here. Japan is one place I would LOVE to go to, though!

Damn, you got laid by an Asian girl. Now I AM jealous! Asia has some of the finest woman in the world!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Japan, as seen from Dionysius eyes. - Jul 24, 2006 23:23
Sounds like alot of Fun, I' d like to visit Japan for two weeks, something like you did. I have a brother, who is staying there for a year 1/2, He will be coming home at Christmas, anything I should ask him to bring back?

I would not like to live there, Not in the City anyway.

In fact, i would not like to live in Any city.

Unless it was made from money.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message