Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Is this opening the door for movie downloads on iTunes
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
Is this opening the door for movie downloads on iTunes - Aug 12, 2006 04:04
I know Steve Jobs has been working on this for awhile, but is this the news that the online world needed to make downloading movies feasible? I imagine this will help reduce the amount of piracy taking place with films as well. That' s my guess after music downloads became popular.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060809/ap_en_mo/dvd_transfers&printer=1;_ylt=AgDMjcy5h1t4d9pnXdKSaYSmG78C;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-
" A film industry group is set to remove some of the procedural hurdles that prevented the legal recording of movies onto blank DVDs in a further sign that Hollywood studios are preparing to expand what consumers can do with downloadable movies.

Under rule changes expected to be finalized soon by the DVD Copy Control Association, retailers could create movie jukebox kiosks with which customers can select, say, an obscure title and burn it to a DVD on the spot.

Online merchants, like Apple Computer Inc.' s iTunes Music Store, could start to allow video downloads to be transferred onto DVDs."

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll