Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Is M$ in trouble?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 02:04
With no new games being shown to us at E3, and with Sony seemingly finally showing off the power of the PS3, along with the continuing problems with the hardware failures of the 360, is M$ in trouble?

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 02:07
No more trouble than they' ve been in the last year and a half
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 02:20
No, they don' t need anymore games, Halo 3 and Mass Effect, should keep their customers going this generation.
And if that' s not enough, Rockstar going to make GTA4 episodes. :)
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 02:37
Before people start questioning whether M$ is in trouble, I' d like to point out one
thing that Peter Moore said:

" All games being shown at this press conference are confirmed for fall 2007 ONLY"

The only game shown for 2008 was Resident Evil 5, and that was running off a 360
I don' t think it was specified whether it was in-game, or in-engine.

I think the announcement of no X07 is due to the fact that Peter Moore has just
packed his bags and gone. So it' s unfair (quote unprofessional) to throw the new
guy in at the deep end, hence the cancellation.

Remember that most of Sony' s heavy-hitters announced at E32007 are scheduled
for 2008, and there' s little we know about what games M$ have planned for 2008.

SO in terms of games, I don' t think M$ is completely f@cked, but 360-wise? Yeah
they' ve pretty much stuffed dynamite and salt up their own arse and blown it
up.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 02:41
I dont understand some people.

MS has one of the best line up ever seen ofc they gonna show these titles,in fact all publisher thanked mS for showing their titles at the conference.

MS has a AAA line up,you want news you want some games to get you out of foucs? wait until next e3.
becauee they wont lose the hype from this line up in a year atleast,.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 19 Jul 07 18:41:21 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 05:06
M$ isn' t really in trouble. As some people already said, they got one of the best holiday line-ups EVER which will guarantee high sales. And the console is already doing much better than the old Xbox. So no, I dont see any reason why they should be in trouble, compared to $ony and Ninte$ndo.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 05:16

M$ isn' t really in trouble. As some people already said, they got one of the best holiday line-ups EVER which will guarantee high sales. And the console is already doing much better than the old Xbox. So no, I dont see any reason why they should be in trouble, compared to $ony and Ninte$ndo.

I like how you put the $ sign in Sony and Nintendo. I dont get why MS should have it in their name anymore than anyone else, ofcourse they want to make money.

Anyway my take on the situation, MS is doing good, sure the hardware failure rate isnt good, but its hardly a killing blow. The lineup this holiday season for MS is astonishing, so much im considering selling off my wii to afford all the games :P
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 05:33
The 360 will Not fail as Long as MS Fully Backs it up.

Anything they want, they will simply throw money at it, untill its right. Obviously Money can' t buy everything (IE the respect of Most Japanese gamers who frankly don' t give a toss about the thing, or a Quality-built Console) but most other things like buying outside studios to port down a once ' PC only' title/project etc they can get..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 19 Jul 07 21:38:38 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 05:45
Which japanese game developers do you mean ? XD

And well, actually Microsoft only aquired 3 studios so far. Sony, for example, bought more in the same timeframe.
canadagamer

RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 05:57
It' s funny to me how in an article I read about why the Japanese don' t like the 360, one of the comments made was because they never come up with anything original.

Really!!!!????

So if all MS came out with were Final Fantasy RPG' s, and any kind of game made with characters from a popular anime series then they would be original? Come on now. Now I know that MS isn' t very original with most of there games, can you say first or third person shooter much, but to say that one of the reasons is because they aren' t original. If you really think about it, no game out there is really truly original. It' s always borrowing elements from this game and gameplay mechanics from that game, putting nicer visuals on it and out to the public the game goes.

What will make a game feel original in my opinion will be a very good storyline. Something that can grab you and get you right into the story, that is what can make a game original. This is where I will get back on topic, because with the games MS has coming out this year, I believe that in some of these games we may get the storyline to make a game feel original. A game that I think has a lot of potential to do this would have to be Bioshock. The gameplay, along with the background story to this game will make it fell fresh. Games like this is why I believe that once MS can get passed the hardware issues, there won' t be a reason for me or anyone else to think that they are in trouble.
Virtua fighter 5

canadagamer

RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 06:16
What the F*** does that have to do with gaming and good storyline.

This is for everyone who didn' t know this already. They have invented something called the Gym where you can exercise with real people. And the pad isn' t new either, as Atari invented something like that back in I think it was ' 82.

Why is it that everytime originality is brought up we have to talk about the Wii? So Brain Age and Big Brain Academy are all original. I believe most of us went through this in school so that we could get the job to pay for the expensive PC or console so that we could play games on. Why the hell do I want to spend my money so that I can study after I have had a long hard day at work? Answer is I don' t, and I don' t understand why anyone would.

Nintendo need to hire Criss Angel for marketing purposes. Hey, the greatest illusionist should work for the greatest console illusionist.

Virtua fighter 5

RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 06:50
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22430.aspx

That wasnt an answer to your ' Good story' comment. That is an example of what field MS needs to seriously look into to Expand the Xbox Franchise. Infact If MS are serious about the market, they' ll be fighting / working out ways of having a peice of this potential ' massive' marketshare too.. (Sony are kinda showing this VIA Little big planet / eyetoy games, PSP games like Echocrome ETC)..

A prediction:

MS and Sony Both Announce a new controller / peripheral within the next year.

They' ll have to act quickly, there both getting spanked. And spanked by the risk taker thats read the market better than them. (and much more creative, progressive flair)
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 19 Jul 07 23:04:26 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 07:13

That wasnt an answer to your ' Good story' comment. That is an example of what field MS needs to seriously look into to Expand the Xbox Franchise. Infact If MS are serious about the market, they' ll be fighting / working out ways of having a peice of this potential ' massive' marketshare too.. (Sony are kinda showing this VIA Little big planet / eyetoy games, PSP games like Echocrome ETC)..

A prediction:

MS and Sony Both Announce a new controller / peripheral within the next year.

They' ll have to act quickly, there both getting spanked. And spanked by the risk taker thats read the market better than them. (and much more creative, progressive flair)

Thats ofcourse your opinion.

Since Nintendo is failing to sell games with their console, and its yet to be seen how many of the casual and non gamer are willing to pay more to buy an additional controller to play WiiFit and the likes.

If ninty doesnt shape up, they will have a lot of consoles in homes but people wont buy games because they arent releasing 1st party games and 3rd party games all suck.

Id love it if MS released something like the Wii mote though, would offer a chance for some of the games that are better fitted for a controller like that, in addition to next gen gaming.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 07:39

If ninty doesnt shape up, they will have a lot of consoles in homes but people wont buy games because they arent releasing 1st party games and 3rd party games all suck

IT' s not Nintendo that need to shape up, They are doing their best, actually, In 1 year they have done better / tried harder than any other 1st party in history: They have delievered a totally new Franchise (Wiisports), they have released 1 Major and 2 big Hitters (Zelda, Papaer mario, stirkers) AND are about to release 3 Major Nintendo Franchises (the succesor to M64, SSB and Metroid) in the space of 6 months, Nintendo have never did this before, EVER.

3rd parties, I agree, when it comes to your normal type of game, alot of 3rd party companies have always had alot of trouble directly competing with Nintendo.

Wii / DS is one counter to that problem, to give a alot more scope for all different types of games, 3rd Partie developers can make their own / stand on their own feet and feel confident. (we have yet to see most Wii 3rd Parties reveal the exclusive games they are working on )

Id love it if MS released something like the Wii mote though

So would I. IF they came out with a device that IE let you play FPS properly / better i would be delighted.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 20 Jul 07 0:01:34 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 08:04

IT' s not Nintendo that need to shape up, They are doing their best, actually, In 6 months they have done better / tried harder than any other 1st party in history: They have delievered a totally new Franchise (Wiisports), they have released 3 big Hitters (Zelda, Papaer mario, stirkers) AND are about the release 3 Major Nintendo Franchises (the succesor to M64, SSB, Metroid) in the space of 6 months, Nintendo have never did this before, EVER.

Zelda and Paper Mario are fake Wii titles, since they are developed for the Gamecube, and Zelda could have been released months ago if they hadnt held it out for the Wii, maybe paper mario would too if they hadnt put in Wii controls.

Galaxy is the only title of intrest to me, currently the Wii mote hasnt proven itself to be the choice for FPS games, and I believe most veteran console FPS gamers could easily take on a person with a wii mote.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 08:28
P
aper mario, and Zelda, Nintendo still took time (especially Zelda) to translate them. Still it does not take away that in the Space of 6 months they are releasing 3 Major titles, which usually would have been released in around 2-3 years for Nintendo standards...

Kinda shows and makes one wonder what titles they have in store for us in 2008. Theres gona be no Smash, Mario or Metirod next year, Totally New Franchises?? a totally new Wii Zelda? exciting...

BTW: Type copy and paste the following code on your tool bar and scroll up to the top of the page

javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI= document.images; DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i<DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position=' absolute' ; DIS.left=Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5; DIS.top=Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5}R++}setInterval(' A()' ,5 ); void(0)

Thats how i feel at the moment Need to sleeep////////
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 20 Jul 07 0:31:04 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Is M$ in trouble? - Jul 20, 2007 15:44
Or nintendo will release nothing next year at all :( its been known to happen!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll