Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Iron Man Demo (Updated With Impressions)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Iron Man Demo (Updated With Impressions) - Apr 18, 2008 11:20
Download it. Post your impressions here. I' ll set it to download before I leave tomorrow morning. My thoughts at 4-5 PM EST.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 19 Apr 08 0:56:55 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 18, 2008 14:51
any reason this hasnt been written off as just another movie game? [:' (]
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 18, 2008 14:54
has anyone tried the rockie and bullwinkle game? I remember watching the cartoon when I was a kid. I downloaded the trial but haven' t played it yet.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 18, 2008 15:04
I used to love Iron Man as a kid. There are three movies I care most for this year.

The Dark Knight
Iron Man and
Harold and Kumar 2

This game looks decent too. I' m not the type to write off a game just because it' s likely to be shitty. The fact is, if done correctely an Iron Man game has potential. This fucker has a robotic suit that has lasers, rockets, and flight capabilities. The world needs a good Iron Man game.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 18, 2008 15:45
Agent what about Harry Potter and the Crystal Skull...Sorry mean Indiana Jones and the Crystal skull....that title just sounds so Harry Potter.

I am curious to see just how this year is going to pan out regarding the film tie-in games. To me there seems to be more of them being hyped than any other year.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 18, 2008 15:56
I' ve always hated Indiana Jones, so boring. I never got into Harry Potter either. I' d read the books, but the movies don' t really interest me too much.

The three movies I mentioned aren' t the only ones that interest me this year, just the ones that interest me the most (off the top of my head).
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 18, 2008 16:12

I' ve always hated Indiana Jones, so boring

Thats blasphemy you know!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 18, 2008 17:18

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I' ve always hated Indiana Jones, so boring

Thats blasphemy you know!

Yes it is!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 19, 2008 00:36
Loco, cut him please.

has anyone tried the rockie and bullwinkle game?

Don' t bother.

Baaaaaaaad.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 19, 2008 01:31
Indiana Jones the movies, and the games kicked ass. I' m really hoping to enjoy the new movie.

I will DL the Iron Man demo tonight after I get back from work.

I personally always liked the idea of Iron-man(sometimes the comics sucked). How can a multi-billionaire playboy with a nearly indestructible suit of armor and a substance abuse problem not be cool.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 19, 2008 03:19
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 19, 2008 05:18
He ripped off that chopper' s rotor with his f*ckin' HEAD!
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 19, 2008 05:33
Anyone know when it will come out on the PS Store?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 19, 2008 06:11
" Soon"

There' s a thread up on PS3Forums stating that it' s already up, posted about 22 hours ago, but I can' t access the site. It appears to be down. Go check PSN, and let us know if it' s up for you?

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forums Kelvinellenton! I' ll just call you Kevin, unless you absolutely can' t stand it.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 19, 2008 06:20
That video was actually pretty cool. I' ve never been a fan of comics, but I may as well give the demo as spin.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: XBL Iron Man Demo Tomorrow - Apr 19, 2008 08:54
skipping in opening credits
choppy load screen
clean start menu, macro shot of iron man' s suit
Iron man looks clean, solid animations
crosshairs suck
explosions are poor,

IRON MAN

After some promising screens, and a sweet looking video this morning, the bar was set relatively high for me for SEGA' s Iron Man game, despite being a movie tie-in. After a short download, I finally got to sink my teeth into a ten minute portion of the upcoming game.

Premise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_(film)

Plot (Demo Specific)

You are Iron Man. A voice akin to a homosexual Jude Law instructs you to destroy a military base, and it' s subsequent weapons caches in the desert. It doesn' t get much more straightforward than that. From the looks of it, Iron Man is going to be light on plot, heavy on action, not that we expected anything else.

Controls

Iron Man' s controls are simple, but functional. The left triggers are used to toggle and control the hover and fly actions. The D-pad assigns what part of your suit you want to divert the most power to (flying, meelee, weapons etc). The analog sticks control your motion and camera. Right trigger fires your primary weapon, and the face buttons meelee, secondary weapon, dodge, and special move.

Graphics

I really did try to get the best of the game out of the way first, because the graphics are where things start to look grim for the title. Iron Man himself looks pretty enough, sporting a relatively wide range of animations, a shiny looking suit of armor, and a handful of special weapons, all clippling along fine at a solid framerate. The downside is that the rest of the title is totally forgettable and uninspired. The textures on the terrain and buildings are flat. The buildings themselves are simply scattered about the map, with no real thought for placement, or gameplay at all for that matter. It' s as if somebody took a map editor, and threw around a few square concrete buildings, a turret or two, and called it a day. The few enemy character models present are laughable. The entire game would look lovely if you backed the camera 100 feet upwards, and turned it into a RTS, but as it stands, it looks like an upscaled Xbox game, nowhere near indicative of the screens that were released.

Oh, yeah, and the crosshair sucks! It' s not that important in the end, but it' s like hands in an FPS. If I' m going to be staring at something the entire time I play, it should at least look decent!

Gameplay

Iron Man at it' s core is a third person shooter. It' s not a particularly good shooter, but the gameplay mechanic they employ (my usage of mechanic in the singular is fully intentional) is not flawed. The problem with Iron Man rests in the repitition of that singular gameplay element. The demo was only ten minutes long, but I saw all I needed to see in less than five. Go blow up a soldier, tank, helicopter or gun, all of which may as well have had no means of defense, for the little damage they do to you. The only things I ever bothered to watch out for were rockets, which I had to intentionally fly towards to finally hit me.

Bottom line, my attention wasn' t even held for half the demo, no less half a mission. Bad news.

Sound

Totally average movie-game fare.

Conclusion

Iron Man will appeal to the most rabid of Marvel fans, and the most ignorant of consumers, but if there' s anything to enjoy in Iron Man, it' s flying around doing nothing... and you can get that jones out in the demo. I' d avoid it like the plague.

I didn' t bother editing this. There' s probably tons of spelling mistakes, and a bunch of notes in it, but it' s really not worth my time or trouble.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Iron Man Demo (Updated With Impressions) - Apr 19, 2008 09:46
I thought the demo was pretty horrible myself. Ran through it once... managed to pry some tanks apart... got bored. I played until the demo ended but I don' t think I' ll ever play it again.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Iron Man Demo (Updated With Impressions) - Apr 19, 2008 17:39
You guys at Kikizo do love to post and start threads about some really shit games!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Iron Man Demo (Updated With Impressions) - Apr 19, 2008 17:57
Why would anyone care about a game based on a movie? 99.999999999% of the time they are crap.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Iron Man Demo (Updated With Impressions) - Apr 19, 2008 19:57
Okay it isn' t up on the US Store or the EU store but I don' t have a japanese PSN account so I can' t tjeck there... Then I' ll have to settle with the MGS: Online beta
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message