Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Interesting look at Kane & Lynch' s multiplayer
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Interesting look at Kane & Lynch' s multiplayer - Nov 07, 2007 21:25
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/11/07/kane_and_lynch_multiplayer_preview/1

Didn' t know about the mp much, but it sounds pretty unique. Whether it works or not is another thing. Shame about co-op being local play only, but the Fragile Alliance mode sounds interesting.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Interesting look at Kane & Lynch' s multiplayer - Nov 08, 2007 00:14
I think Kane & Lynch looks really good, and i' m definitely buying it, ...but i doubt i' ll bother with the multiplayer much at all. I would rather some companies focused 100% on the single player game than tack on some half assed online components. Hell, i' d have taken online campaign co-op over the multiplayer here...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Interesting look at Kane & Lynch' s multiplayer - Nov 08, 2007 00:23
I agree Nitro., though the fragile alliance mp sounds really cool, someone should make it on the source engine, CS style
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Interesting look at Kane & Lynch' s multiplayer - Nov 08, 2007 01:02
I' ve always thought of online co-op for SP campaigns as good in theory but never quite living up to my expectations in practice.

In games like Gears or Halo, I' ve never found someone who will stick it through with me to the end. Its much more fun if you complete the game with the same person in however many sittings. And online you play a few chapters with one person, add as a friend and then you' re never online or playing the same game at the same time after that.

So in a way offline coop works better, since you' ll be much more likely to keep playing with the same person when its someone in your household, like a sibling or flatmate.

Online coop in games like GRAW or Splinter Cell are much better, as there are just single maps you can complete in one sitting.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll