Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 06:02

March 12, 2008 - Cliff Bleszinski, lead game designer over at Epic Games, has recently come under fire for saying that PC gaming is in a state of " disarray" right after the supposed poor sales of Unreal Tournament III. (see Penny Arcade' s comic here.)However, according to publisher Midway (courtesy of Voodoo Extreme), Unreal Tournament III has managed to sell over 1 million units across the PC and PS3 platforms.

While the game isn' t necessarily a huge hit in the US, according to NPD sales, Unreal Tournament 3 is fairing much better in international markets. The game is doing well in Europe, a market where PC gaming continues to thrive.

US Xbox 360 owners will be able to hop in and enjoy some twitch based action when Unreal Tournament III explodes onto 360s on June 2, 2008.

LINK

I just don' t have the same excitement for this as I used to have. Haven' t even had the chance to try it out on the PC or PS3 yet, so I should be a little more excited but I almost could care less.

Would someone who has played the game tell me if it is worth getting excited over?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 06:25

Would someone who has played the game tell me if it is worth getting excited over?
I' ve yet to play it either, but I would assume it would be. I did come across this article that says UTIII has only sold 1 million(Including PS3 and PC) which was sort of shocking to me. I' m sure it will probably break at least 2 million on 360 just because of the fact that FPS fans who own 360s will buy anything that involves firing a gun.

KOTAKU
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 06:34
I have this on the ps3 and it looks good plays good and did I mention that it looks good.
If you like fast action FPS this is the one for you. No Spawn time As soon as you die you are back in the game just like that It' s very fast. If it looks good on the ps3 you know it will look good on the 360.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 07:02
It is worth getting if you like competetive FPS' s.
If you' re looking for a story campaign there isn' t much there. It is pretty much just bot matches with some cutscenes. You can play through it co-op, which is pretty cool though. I actually liked the way UT2k4 did it better, like a sports season, trading players with other teams and such.

The gameplay for both vehicular and on foot combat doesn' t get any better than UT3. The graphics are also amazing, and it performs amazing on just about any computer purchased in the past 4 years. The graphics are very scalable. It also shiped with about 50 maps. And there are tons of user created maps, some just as good as the ones that shipped with the game.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 08:06

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

You' ve sold it for me. I was thinking about getting it for PS3 but I' d rather have it for 360 to play against friends list buddies. Plus practically no-one on PS3 has a headset.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 09:19
I' m just planning on waiting until I buy a comp capable of running it extremely well. I can' t stand the idea of playing Unreal Tournament with a gamepad. I' m sure it' s a lot of fun on consoles, but it translates from M&K to gamepad far worse than most other FPS' .
locopuyo

RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 09:47
UT3 is the hardcorest of hardcore twitch reflex mouse movement, but Epic supposedly have the 360 controller working extremely well, and some of the developers actually prefered using it over mouse and keyboard. So it must work damn well on a pad. I' m hoping they release a demo for 360 so I can at least try it out. Since I already have it for PC I doubt I' ll get it for 360, but if a bunch of my friends get it I might have to.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 11:46
I' m pretty sure I' ll end up getting it. I haven' t liked a console UT since the one on Dreamcast. The Xbox one was meh along with its very meh sequel. So having a version thats a port of the PC is much better then a scaled down bastard offspring console version.

Wonder if they got the whole user content thing cleared up with Microsoft. Thatd be real badass to have a near unlimited amounts of maps to play. CoD4 is getting stale right now simply because of the same maps over and over.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 13, 2008 20:31
Yeah I had UT2 on Xbox and it sucked barse. I don' t have a PC for gaming though so I hope 360 works. A friend has got a mouse and keyboard setup for the 360, but I think he plays at a desk. I need to see his snipe skills at Halo3 now
canadagamer

RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 14, 2008 00:51
You guys have sold me. It sounds like it is going to be well worth the purchase for the online play.

I was thinking. I think that what will happen with the user created content, is that they will have to release map packs over live. Epic will decide which maps are worthy of being put out as downloadable content, and we will see them in map packs on live. The one thing I am not sure about, is whether there will be a charge for them or not. If you think about it, there is no reason at all that there should be a charge for them, as we would have already paid for the game which gives us the tools to create our own maps, so why should we have to pay to play them?

Hopefully MS realize this, and allow the maps for free.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 14, 2008 01:24
The PS3 version with M&K controls, kick the living shit out of any FPS on console BAR Dreamcast Q3, due to the Mouse and Keyboard..

UT3 on 360 on a pad = Suck.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 14, 2008 01:29

UT3 on 360 on a pad = Suck.

oh so you tried it?
locopuyo

RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 14, 2008 11:59
I think he is just afraid because he sucks with the controller so bad. Watch this and tell me FPS' s can' t be played with a controller
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 14, 2008 13:24

I think he is just afraid because he sucks with the controller so bad. Watch this and tell me FPS' s can' t be played with a controller

Damn. Those guys definitely have some skill. I really suck at that game, I rarely get first, usually placing in the middle somewhere.

Still not a Halo fan myself though. I bought the game launch night, but it doesn' t rank in my top 5 games of 07. Maybe if CoD4 hadn' t been so awesome I would think otherwise. I knew so many people that were stoked for Halo 3, played it right up until CoD4 came out, and then dropped Halo the week CoD came out.
locopuyo

RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 14, 2008 13:59
Yeah, I haven' t played much halo 3 since I' ve gotten cod4 either. But I still think Halo 3 is a great game and on par with COD4.
canadagamer

RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 14, 2008 22:59

That was f.ucking awesome!!!!! I usually place in the middle of the pack as well online in Halo 3, but I haven' t even played it since COD4 came out. I tried once to go back to it, but it just seems way too slow now.

Wouldn' t mind going back to Halo 3 for a while though.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 14, 2008 23:54

The PS3 version with M&K controls, kick the living shit out of any FPS on console BAR Dreamcast Q3, due to the Mouse and Keyboard..

Really?

On a technical level, mouse and keyboard is superior, but I' d never chose it over a pad. I don' t have amazing coordination, but I' m anything but innacurate with thumbsticks. Most of my deaths are reflex related, and aren' t based on my inability to track a target with my controller anyhow.

That was f.ucking awesome!!!!! I usually place in the middle of the pack as well online in Halo 3, but I haven' t even played it since COD4 came out. I tried once to go back to it, but it just seems way too slow now.

Well, the pacing is dependent on your map. As a general rule, COD' s faster paced, but I played one or two matches of Team-Slayer with friends a week or so ago, and it can get pretty heated.

I just haven' t switched back to Halo in a while because the change in controls really throws me off.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 14 Mar 08 15:57:19 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 15, 2008 00:50

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

You haven' t played it.

If you had, you' d know that it' s seriously watered down in terms of speed making mouse and keyboard support null and void.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 15, 2008 01:24
Its sad to see that VF has turned into a troll ..
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 15, 2008 03:36

You haven' t played it.

If you had, you' d know that it' s seriously watered down in terms of speed making mouse and keyboard support null and void.

This is bullshit, it plays almost on par with the PC version, Ive been playing PS3 UT3 nonstop since its been released, yes its ' slightly' slowed down but it still kicks seven shades of playign the game with a Pad..

As for the Halo 3 videos??? im supposed to be impressed?? the games looks looks as slow as ever.. and the floaaaty jumps are just stupid.. Yuk.. console FPS stiffness at its best.

Nowhere near:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjCxwMsE7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRHrwo_wA3U
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages