Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 15, 2008 05:08

the games looks looks as slow as ever.. and the floaaaty jumps are just stupid.. Yuk.. console FPS stiffness at its best.

maybe its because Halo 3 isnt desingned to be Quake 3?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 15, 2008 05:46

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

maybe its because Halo 3 isnt desingned to be Quake 3?

Shame innit!?

I can' t get into Halo 3 online. Hell, i stopped playing CoD4 360 once i recieved my new desktop. I don' t really have an issue with pads, although i do recognize that M&K is the far superior option as a control method in general, ...but i don' t understand why VF is playing the PS3 version of UT3 anyway. I was under the impression he' d built himself a mid-range desktop capable of playing UT3. Surely a purist would want to play a game on the platform it was designed around?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 15, 2008 06:34
I' m such a malco on a pad. I' m used to making small adjustments on MK, y' know move the mouse a millimetre and aim across a pixel. But I' ve noticed with a pad I have to aim more by tracking, so kinda moving across the target and timing the shot with good reflexes.

I tend to be better at racing games on consoles.

But seeing Epics general move towards consoles, I wouldn' t be surprised that the 360 versions controls were as good or dare I say, better.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 15, 2008 07:11

I can' t get into Halo 3 online. Hell, i stopped playing CoD4 360 once i recieved my new desktop. I don' t really have an issue with pads, although i do recognize that M&K is the far superior option as a control method in general, ...but i don' t understand why VF is playing the PS3 version of UT3 anyway. I was under the impression he' d built himself a mid-range desktop capable of playing UT3. Surely a purist would want to play a game on the platform it was designed around?

Could i afford a half decent pc, id kick people around more on the PC in MP games aswell.

Xbox Live matchmaking sucks (though COD4 works nicely) but the controls just arent there.

But im getting better at COD4 on Xbox, im pretty much ontop when my girlfriend doesnt stream shows while im playing.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: If Anyone Cares: UTIII on 360 June 2, 2008 - Mar 15, 2008 07:21

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

You haven' t played it.

If you had, you' d know that it' s seriously watered down in terms of speed making mouse and keyboard support null and void.

This is bullshit, it plays almost on par with the PC version, Ive been playing PS3 UT3 nonstop since its been released, yes its ' slightly' slowed down but it still kicks seven shades of playign the game with a Pad..

As for the Halo 3 videos??? im supposed to be impressed?? the games looks looks as slow as ever.. and the floaaaty jumps are just stupid.. Yuk.. console FPS stiffness at its best.

Nowhere near:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjCxwMsE7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRHrwo_wA3U

The guy playing Quake 3 on dreamcast sucked, I could beat him using a controller.
In fact I can beat over 90% of people who are using keyboard and mouse while I am using a controller. 99% when I' m using a keyboard and mouse.

Using mouse and keyboard on a console is cool yes, but if they work on the controls they can make it control near as well. And if everyone is using a controller it is an equal playing field, one person doesn' t have an advantage because they are using a better mouse or PC running the game at a crap framerate. That is the nice thing about consoles.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message