Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Jan 31, 2008 01:17
LINK

As I stated in the title, if anyone cares anymore about this game.

I for one was stoked about this game for a long time, but after seeing the dev diary vids my excitement is considerably less than what it was before. I still have hope in a small way that this game does turn out good though.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Jan 31, 2008 01:35
Wheres 2pac when you need him? He should change his name to Toopac imho.

Back in E3 2005 (was it?) the promise of an action RPG with a story that' d been built up over 6 years or something, was Too good to be true. The baldy space marine main character kinda looked like all the other ones that E3 using the ' No Hair Engine 3.0' (flashback-back-echo).

But surely a story built up over several years will end up being deep and engaging? Or did they spend all this time changing from platform to platform?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Jan 31, 2008 01:44
If the game yields a great story, a cinematic expirience and decent gameplay, im all for it!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Jan 31, 2008 03:27
It should have been binned... 2 years ago.

Maybe it' ll sell well. Most stuff on 360 that gets hyped does... but i kinda doubt i' ll be picking it up.

It' s interesting that the Knights vs Epic thing still hasn' t been settled. If Epic actually win and Too Human has been released... Knights are screwed. Buuuuuuut maybe Knights have a case and they' ll win, Too Human will sell as well as Mass Effect and Denis Dykhead will proclaim himself the Master of the Universe!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Jan 31, 2008 07:07

Denis Dykhead will proclaim himself the Master of the Universe!

Only to be contested by David Jaffe. I' d pay to see ' em fight for the self-proclaimed title.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Jan 31, 2008 23:46
Too Human will sell well .. We should get a demo sometime after GDC . SK had said that the demo will be available a couple of months before the game comes out . But i really hope it doesnt come out in may . GTA IV will pretty much crush the sales of any game coming out in that time frame . They should the launch in march or delay it by another month . I mean we have waited for 6-7 damn years , might as well wait for another month ..

The whole thing with epic is getting ugly but i think knights do have a case . I hope the case doesnt effect the launch and also the proposed sequels .

ORIGINAL: choupolo

He should change his name to Toopac imho.

I dont understand
< Message edited by 2pac -- 31 Jan 08 16:12:03 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Feb 01, 2008 02:29

proposed sequels

There is virtually nothing unreal left in the game, they' ve torn the engine a part and built most from scratch.

Thats atleast what iv understood from the dev interviews!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Feb 01, 2008 03:06
Here are a few things that are going to make or break Too Human for me:

1) Movie Style Camera (If they can really get this to work properly without having the camera get stuck behind your enemies or stuck in a wall, then the camera WILL give us the cinematic experience SK is looking for)

2) Gameplay (From the vids I have seen, it looks as though this may turn out to be nothing more than a button mash fest with some RPG elements thrown in to give the illusion of deep gameplay while at the core it IS nothing more than a button mash fest. I hope that SK pull through, and give us gameplay that requires some sort of skill and not just the button mashing)

3) Graphics (I know that this may come off as me just being a graphics whore, but with SK tearing the Unreal Engine apart and as VX stated building there own engine I am worried that the game in motion will look like ass. With the whole movie style camera they have worked on for this game, they need to make this game look gorgeous or else it makes the movie style camera pointless)

I have a Scandinavian background as my father was originally from Oslo, Norway so the story is there for me and that is why I was so hyped up for this game. As you can tell, I am really hoping that SK deliver the goods in Too Human.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Feb 01, 2008 04:21

quote:

ORIGINAL: choupolo

He should change his name to Toopac imho.

I dont understand

Heh I' m sorry dude, rubbish joke.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: If Anyone Cares, Too Human 5/6/08 - Feb 01, 2008 09:36

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

Here are a few things that are going to make or break Too Human for me:

1) Movie Style Camera (If they can really get this to work properly without having the camera get stuck behind your enemies or stuck in a wall, then the camera WILL give us the cinematic experience SK is looking for)

2) Gameplay (From the vids I have seen, it looks as though this may turn out to be nothing more than a button mash fest with some RPG elements thrown in to give the illusion of deep gameplay while at the core it IS nothing more than a button mash fest. I hope that SK pull through, and give us gameplay that requires some sort of skill and not just the button mashing)

3) Graphics (I know that this may come off as me just being a graphics whore, but with SK tearing the Unreal Engine apart and as VX stated building there own engine I am worried that the game in motion will look like ass. With the whole movie style camera they have worked on for this game, they need to make this game look gorgeous or else it makes the movie style camera pointless)

I have a Scandinavian background as my father was originally from Oslo, Norway so the story is there for me and that is why I was so hyped up for this game. As you can tell, I am really hoping that SK deliver the goods in Too Human.

Camera is an obvious concern . Sk are trying to do something different . Lets just hope it doesnt competely mess up the game .

Button mash fest ? The combat isnt mapped to the buttons , its mapped to the right control stick . The combat isnt the main focus of this game anyways . I have no concerns about this .

Graphics will not be awesome or anything but it should be good enough . Animations might not be up to par though .

Give us the damn demo SK .

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message