Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I wanna try out an MMO...but which one?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 18, 2007 14:23
Before hand I must say that my DVD drive on my PC is broken so I gotta d/l the game. I went to Direct2Drive and saw pretty much all the current MMO out there. The ones that got me interested the most are City of Heros/Villians. 29.95 for Heroes with one month included and 19.95 for villains with one month included. Are they any good, or should I start else where maybe? Is WoW really all it' s meant to be?

Suggestion' s and ideas and whatever else you can provide shall be helpful. The quicker the better cause this money wants to be spent for some damn reason.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 18, 2007 20:46
WoW isn' t the way to go if you ask me. I hate having to pay each month to play a game I already payed for. Having to pay every month is just ripping us off.

I play guild wars myself. It' s good enough for me and it' s free.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 18, 2007 20:58
World 0f Warcraft, but for your own sake don' t
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 18, 2007 23:02
We need someone to play a closed beta of the upcoming Tabula Rusa from NCSoft but don' t have the time right now, if you want to write about it for the site we could hook you up with access to it...?
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 18, 2007 23:15
Aren' t NCSoft the ones behind Guild Wars too? I had a look at Tabula Rasa since I hadn' t heard from it before. And it' s quite a different setting compared to Guild Wars.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 19, 2007 06:04
Tabula is made by lord Garrison (isnt that his name) from Ultima online. So it might be good!
Mass X

RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 19, 2007 16:55
I' d love to try the beta for Tabula Rasa. Tho I' d have to have my brother assist in the writing since my skills in that area have been turning rubbish with each passing day.

I suppose I should email you or PM you huh? Of course wiht that beta I' d have to start another popular and similar mmo to have more comparison and grasp on the whole thing.
Mass X

RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 19, 2007 17:08
Ack I just went to the Tabula Rasa site and saw the specs required for beta testers...I hit good in all areas except for the DVD Drive :( I mean I have one and all, but ever since I upgraded my PC the DVD-Drive stopped working. Some error about not being able to locate the drivers or some such thing. I tried everything liste din the troubleshooting guide to fix it but nothing.

Ahhhg hopes ruined due to a simple bastardized DVD Drive...do you think getting a new drive might work?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 19, 2007 22:37

Ack I just went to the Tabula Rasa site and saw the specs required for beta testers...I hit good in all areas except for the DVD Drive :( I mean I have one and all, but ever since I upgraded my PC the DVD-Drive stopped working. Some error about not being able to locate the drivers or some such thing. I tried everything liste din the troubleshooting guide to fix it but nothing.

Ahhhg hopes ruined due to a simple bastardized DVD Drive...do you think getting a new drive might work?

Beta' s are a definete download, you wont need the DVD drive, and when you have the beta client, you will most likely be able to keep even in release as it should just update automaticly.

So i dont think its going to hinder you!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 20, 2007 01:14
They all suck, wait for Huxley.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 20, 2007 02:29
I played CoV/CoH for two years, it' s a great game. :)
And each time they are updating it, with a new issue, the extra content is free. :-)
And the characther customization is the best ever, wich is a huge plus in a MMO, so there is very litle chance that you come across someone looking like your characther.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 20, 2007 03:00

I played CoV/CoH for two years, it' s a great game. :)
And each time they are updating it, with a new issue, the extra content is free. :-)

Bullshit, they charge a monthly fee for that game. I own it. It' s fun for a while but gets stale really fast like all MMOs. It' s probably one of the better MMO' s though.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: I wanna try out an MMO...but which one? - Jul 22, 2007 05:44
Well, I were thinking of that you don' t have to buy a extra DVD each time there is a big update to the game like you have to in WoW, you just download it. :)

If you have to choose between Villains and Heros, get the Villains DVD, it' s not a problem to be able to play both City of Heros, and Villains for the same price.

If you are stuck with the Heros DVD, do a search and download the trial-client, since if you play with the CoH DVD you' re unable to enter bases.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll