Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Holy Hell @ Too Human!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 05:09
Your just a graphic whore, we all know it
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 05:11
okay, i just watched it, it just doesnt seem fluent at all. maybe the guy doesnt know how to play, i think the make and break for the game is if its storyline is worth following!
Nitro

RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 05:14

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

okay, i just watched it, it just doesnt seem fluent at all. maybe the guy doesnt know how to play, i think the make and break for the game is if its storyline is worth following!

I think the game looks like it' s still in early alpha.

Silicon Knights are headed into a world of pain. Too Human reminds me of Daikatana.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 07:36
Yes but thats because you mix it up with dmc/ng its a rpg,not a action game.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 07:55
It really looks like a clunky version of Jade Empire' s combat system + guns. I think there was potential there... somewhere. But if this is how the game is gonna play, it better have the best story of all time.

And you can say its not a combat game, but in RPG' s, the fighting system is very important. Like it or not, most RPG' s actually have a heavy emphasis on combat. And if the combat looks like this, what makes you think the rest of the game is gonna look or play any better
Nitro

RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 08:04

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Yes but thats because you mix it up with dmc/ng its a rpg,not a action game.

No no... i' ve previously compared it to God of War because of Knight' s instance on showing combat.

Now, when they talk about how combat isn' t the main focus of the game... but proceed to release trailers that show nothing but fighting... my tiny Jewtard brain gets a little confused.

The combat looks pathetic. The story looks dumb. Baldur is stupifyingly generic. Everything from the models to the animations to the general character design... it all looks rubbish.

I like RPG' s and i loved Diablo II, but Too Human looks disturbingly half baked.

The concept is great. Some of the ideas and locations are great. The armour and customization possibilities look great. But the game looks fuc.king boring. The only thing i can see saving if from being truly awful is the co-op... and even that willl end up being 4 people playing the same boring ass game... talking about the meaning of runes and shit.

Anyway... Circle of Doom is an action RPG and has bombed. Shitty AI, boring and repetitive gameplay and weak (weaker than N3 even) combat. Published by MS too. They could be twins.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 10:04

ORIGINAL: Nitro

but Too Human looks disturbingly half baked.

But the game looks fuc.king boring.

It might look boring but that doesnt mean it is boring .. When we actually get a chance to get some hands on time , we will know how the game really is .. Most of the press has liked what they have seen . Well the animations don' t seem to be the smoothest but i don' t think it will be a big deal .

As Vx said , the guy playing doesnt seem to know what he is doing . Look at the other videos of the same area . It looks good .

And Chimura , i dont see how you are comparing the combat in Too human to the combat in jade empire ? I frankly dont see any similarity ..
< Message edited by 2pac -- 27 Feb 08 2:21:30 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 10:32
I am not comparing it per se, but the dodging, targeting system and weapon wailing just reminds me a bit of it, but clunkier.

It also seems you can do all of your skills, magic and attacks without having to pull up menus or anything, like Jade Empire.
< Message edited by chimura -- 27 Feb 08 2:33:27 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 27, 2008 16:14
I think the real problem, is that we don' t really know what Too Human really entails. We' ve had descriptions and some gameplay demos, but it' s still hard to really see what it' s all about. Therefore it' s quite easy to dismiss it at face value. From my observations, the only way to determine whether the game is good or not, is to play it. I' m reserving all judgement until then. It' s daft to do otherwise.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 28, 2008 00:20
Have they said whether they' ll be releasing a demo?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Holy Hell @ Too Human!!! - Feb 28, 2008 08:01
They said they would be. No idea when.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages