Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hideo Kojima & MGS4
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 09, 2006 13:05
For those who think the revolution is mostly hype..

Just look at the DS in contrast, that was also ' hyped' at/before release (tho nowhere near asmuch as the PSP).

DS is now delivering the goods, selling like hot cakes and has games the PSP can never possibly recreate .. I really see Revolution doing the same if done right,, (maybe not totally donimating Sony in sales but having the titles its competitors can only dream of. due to advanced control/devices)
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 09, 2006 14:08
...no offence, but i think the DS is just another hand-held with a extra screen gimmick...

...is the second screen truly vital for it' s games? or could they have all be made on the GBA, minus the gimmick??...........

...hell, don' t even half the DS' s games lack a valid use for it?...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 09, 2006 14:29

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...no offence, but i think the DS is just another hand-held with a extra screen gimmick...

...is the second screen truly vital for it' s games? or could they have all be made on the GBA, minus the gimmick??...........

Ha, well it' s the fastest selling piece of gaming hardware ever and it' s killing PSP sales in Japan. Games like Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Kart DS could have been done on 1 screen but things like Warioware Touched and Yoshi; Touch & Go and Nintendogs definately make good use of the dual screen nature of the unit.

As for whether the PS3 will support 2 SDTV' s, yes ofcourse it will. Rumours are that Sony is making a new kind of panoramic HDTV that will be useful for the dual-screen nature of PS3, though i don' t quite get what the tv will be like...kinda lost there!

And i think Kojima is going to impliment something really different, be it additional harware bundled with the game, or something optional etc. He made his claims AFTER Nintendo had announced their controller, so anything slight like improved visuals, AI, camera angle etc couldn' t really be considered a big indusrty first. He' s a really talented guy and this is supposedly (again) his last MGS title, so he' ll want to go out with a bang.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 09, 2006 16:47

No offence, but its usually people who havent played a DS before say things like that.. i was one of em at first untill i brought one and not long after sold my PSP for more DS games and never looked back..
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 10, 2006 02:20
I hope Kojima will decide to make a 360 game once developers get their hands on XNA. He' ll probabily make some crazy game, considering how much easier it will be to develop for 360 once XNA is out, and considering how the 360 is right up there with the ps3, and is better at some things but worse at others.

I actually believe that Kojima considers that an industry first, interactivity at a HUGE scale in a game with the surroundings, and realism. There has been no game that has all of what Kojima said would be cool to have in a game (what he said in the quote on the previous page).

How come he' s developing for rev and not 360? im buying all 3 consoles, but damn y do some japanese game makers leave the western console out of it?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 10, 2006 04:07
You could do most DS games for other consoles or especially the PC where the mouse can be used for " touching" while the monitor is split in two sections. However, that wouldn' t have been near as fun as playing the games on the DS and fun is what games are all about.
Nitro

RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 10, 2006 07:39

ORIGINAL: KiLLeR

I hope Kojima will decide to make a 360 game once developers get their hands on XNA. He' ll probabily make some crazy game, considering how much easier it will be to develop for 360 once XNA is out, and considering how the 360 is right up there with the ps3, and is better at some things but worse at others.

I actually believe that Kojima considers that an industry first, interactivity at a HUGE scale in a game with the surroundings, and realism. There has been no game that has all of what Kojima said would be cool to have in a game (what he said in the quote on the previous page).

How come he' s developing for rev and not 360? im buying all 3 consoles, but damn y do some japanese game makers leave the western console out of it?

Konami are already developing for 360, but Kojima and his team haven' t actually looked at the system, properly yet. He has hinted about making a game for 360 though at some point and making full use of the insanely good Xbox Live. An online MMPMGS? Ha, probably a game similar to Ghost Recon 2' s multiplayer function actually. Remember that it' s Kojimas last MGS game, but Konami will be continuing the series. I wouldn' t be surprised if they had already decided to do a MGS for 360.

Anyone getting MGS3 Subsistence?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 10, 2006 12:15
...yeah, my still new-smelling slim PS2 needs something other than Resi 4 to chew on.... ...i don' t think I' ll bother with Sony' s laughable attempt at an online service though....

...and as I' ve never really seen any merit in hand-held gaming, I' ll just keep my mouth shut about DS and PSP....
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 10, 2006 12:28
Hey Majik, are you referring to that 1up interview where Kojima hinted on the possibility of a MGS Online on the 360? MGS might continue from Konami, but not Kojima Productions. I don' t think it will be the same ppl making the game, and I was talking about the same ppl, Kojima Productions, with Kojima supervising, making a 360 game. I would love to see how they could use the online feature of the 360.
Nitro

RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 10, 2006 12:49

ORIGINAL: KiLLeR

Hey Majik, are you referring to that 1up interview where Kojima hinted on the possibility of a MGS Online on the 360? MGS might continue from Konami, but not Kojima Productions. I don' t think it will be the same ppl making the game, and I was talking about the same ppl, Kojima Productions, with Kojima supervising, making a 360 game. I would love to see how they could use the online feature of the 360.

It' d be nice but i can' t see it happening. Although it' s only Kojima and character designer Mr Shinkawa' s last MGS. I believe the rest of the team at Kojima Productions will continue doing MGS games.

And yes, 1UP, and somewhere else i think, maybe IGN.

On that note, obviously we all like Kikizo, but what other game sites do people visit?

I' m quite partial to gamespot, ign, gametrailers, gamershell, 1up, kikizo (obviously) and 360 specific sites.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 26, 2006 07:23
yeah, my brother is buying subsistence and i am hooking up psonline as we speak, as for mgs4, I' m of the opinion that there will be unscripted AI battles all over a non linear map. think of the map as a large square, then firefights break out in the northeast, and southwest corners. one force overtakes the other, and then rushes to the other side of the map to continue combat with the other battalion, with snake right in the middle of it. i think the encounters will be a lot less scripted, with soldiers not having the time to weed out aging espionage agents from buildings. this would provide a revolutionary sense of chaos never before seen on console gaming. i think the trailer conveys the theme " no where to hide" because your enemies are always moving and turning the tides of battle around you. imagine collecting info on troops, with you inside a far-away building, only for the other force to charge into your hidey-hole on their way into combat.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 26, 2006 07:52

ORIGINAL: Bishonen
...here' s a recent, well informed article about the subject:

please always provide link/credit when quoting from any articles.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 26, 2006 08:58
I visit Kikizo, Magicbox, and GameSpot.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Feb 10, 2006 06:42
I' d have to say that the " industry first" Kojima and co. are talking about is emotion. Random, situational emotion. And not just fear/retreat instincts either, after all we' ve had those since the mid to late 90' s. I mean confidence, uncertainty, srewdness, awareness and luck all rolled into an A.I. And if they include an engine that will randomize these factors, it could be that every single
play-through will be completely different and require a unique strategy every time.
Nitro

RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Feb 10, 2006 07:16
But that wouldn' t mean anything if it didn' t directly affect the games narrative and MGS is a series that has everything based in a well thought out story.

I can see where you' re going with that.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Feb 10, 2006 23:26
well, if the playstation 3 has the sort of capabilities Die_Hounderdoggen is speculating on, then i' m without a doubt purchasing one. you' d have to love an mgs game with huge replay value like that would give us. well, unless sony comes out with some rock solid details, which will be at the very least, 2 or 3 months before the playstation 4 comes out, i wouldn' t put too much hope in this.
Nitro

RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Feb 11, 2006 01:47
It wouldn' t be in the hardware, it' d be sofware technology.

Kojima already stated that he could produce the same game on 360 with no problems.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Feb 11, 2006 01:51
I just wish Sony would release some damn details so we can put all the speculation to rest, bring on the Miracle, the second coming of christ, the rebirth of the Roman empire and the discovery of faster than light travel, all hail... Playstation

Nitro

RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Feb 11, 2006 02:11
Man, just when i was starting to really look forward to it...

[image]http://images.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.ps3land.com/images/concepts/ps3magscan.jpg[/image]

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Feb 11, 2006 02:14
What on earth is that on the picture?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages