Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Heavenly Sword.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 07, 2007 10:00
So I got the game yesterday, And just completed today after two sittings [or was it three?] no matter, it was short but very sweet.

First off the bad, the game is very short, the fps can get quite low, the game story or events just seem to jump from one place to another [more on that later..], and the combat can feel weak sometimes.

But everything else is great, the graphics blew me away on my sdtv lol, seriously one of the best looking games I have ever played, maybe the best.

The story is kinda been there done that but the charaters make it more than anything, esp with Kai and Bohan, Nariko is cool but something about her voice didnt sound right. Gald to see that Bohan survived at the end, I was hoping that he would return in the sequal as he is a good villian esp with andy Sekris at the helm of the mocap stuff. The cutscenes themseleves have set a new standard for games, seriously it looked like cg, if I didnt know it was inengine I would have said it was cg.

About the game jumping from one part to the other, so ok I was watching a cutscene with whiptail and all of a sudden we are in a sewer fighting? when did that happen, I knew we where going to start fighting but I must have missed the bit where they jumped into a sewer.. and why did naiko colapse after beating whiptail? that made no sense to me. just things like that threw me off a little.

ahh but blah I' m tired, the game was great and hopefully the sequal wont take too long. I' d like it before 2010!
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 7 Oct 07 2:02:33 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 07, 2007 10:13
Seriously, these guys should make films, because as a game Heavenly Sword is
really bad.

They concentrated on the right elements for a movie, and just forgot they were
making a game.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 07, 2007 10:47
I suppose everyone has their taste but dam.. from the demo alone anyone should be able to tell that HS was terrible.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 08, 2007 08:58
Hey I love this game its way to short but its all good. It looks amazing have you seen this thing on an HD TV. Blows you off your ass I keep hearing negative comments about the main character I personally like the nariko.

Just give it a good play through. IF you play a game for are and the presentation then buy it but if not rent it. And by the way the demo sucked ass. Try playing the real game.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 08, 2007 10:07
I' ll probably be picking this game up tomorrow! I like short games
Tiz

RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 08, 2007 21:35

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Hey I love this game its way to short but its all good. It looks amazing have you seen this thing on an HD TV. Blows you off your ass I keep hearing negative comments about the main character I personally like the nariko.

Just give it a good play through. IF you play a game for are and the presentation then buy it but if not rent it. And by the way the demo sucked ass. Try playing the real game.

The real game is the 6 minutes of the demo rolled over.

Oh, so she' s known as THE Nariko now?

But now I suppose after playing Heavenly Sword, people understand the
" Ninety-Nine Nights phenomenon" .
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 08, 2007 21:57
The game has great art direction, graphics and cutscenes - but the gameplay is weak.

Oh, and Kai > Nariko any day of the week!
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 08, 2007 23:00

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Oh, and Kai > Nariko any day of the week!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monkey peaches

I personally didn' t find anything wrong with the gameplay, i think if the game were longer i would have definitely got bored of it.

< Message edited by Gaiden Black -- 8 Oct 07 15:07:05 >
Tiz

RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 08, 2007 23:09
The art direction is second to none in that genre.

But who' s playing art direction here? There has to be an equal balance, or focus
on the gameplay. Full Stop.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 08, 2007 23:44

ORIGINAL: Tiz

The art direction is second to none in that genre.

But who' s playing art direction here? There has to be an equal balance, or focus
on the gameplay. Full Stop.

Granted, but it was hyped to hell so there was no chance i was missing it. The production values are stellar and it' s set a new benchmark for ingame cutscenes so i' m glad i' ve played it. I' m not in a rush to play Nariko' s sections again though - Kai' s a different story

I think that as much effort as they put into creating Nariko, Kai still has more charm and better presence. It helps that the voice work for her character is amazing, whereas i find Nariko' s to be too butch. Playing as Kai i feel all warm inside. She needs her own game.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 08, 2007 23:51
kai should be the main character in the next Heavenly sword. I could already imagine how she' ll play using the heavenly sword.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 10, 2007 08:28
Bought the game yesterday and I love what I' ve played so far. I enjoy the tilt sensor feature when launching projectiles! Was a wee bit tricky at first but once I got the hang of it I loved it during certain parts of the game -- like when you have to destroy those catapults. My one and only gripe so far is that I wish you could grab and throw enemies at will - like in fighting games. It' s great that you can throw the already fallen enemies but I would have LOVED to be able to do some jab + jab + throw combos . I' m not that far into the game yet so maybe I' ll acquire throw moves later on???
Tiz

RE: Heavenly Sword. - Oct 10, 2007 10:58

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I' m not that far into the game yet so maybe I' ll acquire throw moves later on???

No, you don' t.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread