Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hardcore shooter market is too narrow!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Hardcore shooter market is too narrow! - Mar 17, 2008 16:38

Ubisoft will likely steer clear of hardcore shooters because the market is too narrow for it to be a viable business choice said Rainbow Six Vegas 2 game designer Phil Therien.
In a LiveText Interview with our sister site Eurogamer.net Therien said they would like to be able to please both sides but " compromises have to be made."
" We have some ideas to improve on the situation though - keep in mind however that we want our games to be accessible to as many people as possible, otherwise we just couldn' t keep making games."
Therien had been asked whether the company planned to reintroduce more realistic shooters such as the original Ghost Recon on current-generation hardware.
He also revealed that there won' t be a demo version of Vegas 2.
" We took the decision to spend our time on polishing the game and the demo option was cut," he said.
" It' s really time-consuming to create a demo and we needed the dev time to finish our game."
He also explained that four-player co-op was reduced to two-player because the single-player levels couldn' t easily support four players.
Therien says that there are virtually no differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Vegas 2 - and at the moment there are no plans for working on the Nintendo Wii.
The complete LiveText interview with Phil Therien can be read here.

Link

This makes me wanna cry. Whats wrong with hard games? this makes me wanna cry
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Hardcore shooter market is too narrow! - Mar 17, 2008 17:15
hardcore shooters too narrow, that' s the whole point of it. People who play (almost exclusively) these sort of games just want lots of guns and lots of things to shoot at, they don' t want nothing cerebral.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Hardcore shooter market is too narrow! - Mar 18, 2008 00:38

People who play (almost exclusively) these sort of games just want lots of guns and lots of things to shoot at, they don' t want nothing cerebral.

When have videogames ever been cerebral?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Hardcore shooter market is too narrow! - Mar 18, 2008 00:49

When have videogames ever been cerebral?

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Hardcore shooter market is too narrow! - Mar 18, 2008 01:02
Yeah and that' s a board game, it' s been played long before videogames ever existed. What about an original videogame?
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Hardcore shooter market is too narrow! - Mar 18, 2008 01:47
I dont mind a game being cerebral and i love shooters but i dont think a game needs to be cerebral ..
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Hardcore shooter market is too narrow! - Mar 18, 2008 06:58
The hardcore shooter genre isn' t narrow enough. I want every person who purchases Call of Duty 6 to undergo a mandatory intelligence quotient examination, and be administered a pitch-sensitive mic that prevents the high-pitched rich kiddies from bugging the hell out of you when you' re trying to use tactics.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Hardcore shooter market is too narrow! - Mar 18, 2008 08:54
So Halo 3 and COD4 don' t count as hardcore shooters? Last time I checked they were on the top of the charts for sales. It sounds more like this guy is trying to come up with some sort of excuses for Vegas 2.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll