Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo movie gets a screenwriter
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Halo movie gets a screenwriter - Feb 04, 2005 05:30
http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8222

Microsoft has put the finishing touches on a deal to hire Alex Garland (28 Days Later, The Beach) to adapt the bestselling video game franchise into one movie, reports Variety. The trade says Garland' s screenplay will then be offered to studios as a complete " turnkey" script and rights package.

The " Halo" franchise is one of the most popular in video game history, having sold over 12.8 million units and grossed approximately $600 million since its 2001 debut. Last year, " Halo 2" sold 6.4 million copies and was the second-bestselling game of the year.

The games' plot concerns a warrior soldier known only as " Master Chief" battling a group of alien religious zealots who believe one of their most sacred artifacts is located on Earth.

The screenwriter I' m okay with, but the success of this movie is really going to come down to the director.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo movie gets a screenwriter - Feb 04, 2005 06:10
Now what would you do if it was everyones ' favorite' director Uwe Boll...G wiz I know what I woudl do! Peel my skin off one square inch at a time then lay in a bin of salt! Yaaaay!

Hmm who would make a good director? Spielberg? Raimi(Evil Dead, Spider-Man)? Besson(Leon The Professional, Fifth Element,)? Proyas(Dark City, The Crow, I,Robot)? ________?

Its a good thing to hear they' re getting the ball rolling, I hope they keep this screenwriter as hes pretty good.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 4 Feb 05 14:16:05 >
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Halo movie gets a screenwriter - Feb 07, 2005 09:47
I have to say...I' m more than concerned that this could do some serious damage to the Halo legacy.

also....Master Chief is supposedly 7ft tall...it' ll be interesting to see them tackle that one cinematically.

Starring as Master Chief....Monute Bol!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Halo movie gets a screenwriter - Feb 07, 2005 14:12
I' d say it would be pretty easy to make Master Chief look bigger than the actor. The LOTR trilogy pretty much shows how to do a movie where someone has to be vastly taller than some of the other actors.

Just as a note...please no Uwe Boll...Ridley Scott, take the damn movie. Scott doesn' t always make great movies but he is pretty good with war movies.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll