Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 14, 2007 17:20

København d. 13. september 2007 - Halo trilogien har brudt computerspils konventionelle rammer. Verdens mest populære spil er blevet et kulturelt fænomen med dertil hørende musik, mode, design, internetvideoer og kultfigurer. Sidste del af trilogien udkommer onsdag den 26. september. Samme aften samles Magtens Korridorer, Bruuns Bazaar sammen med kunstnere og designere fra Sverige og Finland til en stor kulturevent i Stockholm.

Rammen for eventen er Berwaldhallen i Stockholm. I den klassiske koncertsal vil repræsentanter fra kunstens mange forskellige hjørner mødes og udforske, hvordan computerspil og klassisk kunst kan gå hånd i hånd med rockmusik og mode.

Fra Danmark kommer pladeaktuelle Magtens Korridorer. De vil både levere deres helt egen fortolkning af Halo nummeret ”Heretic”, og spille numre fra deres kommende album ”Det krøllede håb”, der udkommer 8. oktober.

Det danske modehus Bruuns Bazaar, har også bidraget med deres fortolkning af det nye Halo univers med tre forskellige T-shirt designs. Bruuns Bazaar, der er kendt for deres enkle og stilfulde designtøj til mænd og kvinder. Designerne fra Bruuns Bazaar har taget udgangspunkt i det dramatiske Halo-univers og kombineret det med deres egne signaturelementer: elegant design i høj kvalitet. De tre T-shirt styles er kun fremstillet i et begrænset antal og bliver et musthave for såvel Halo-fans som stilbevidste danskere.

Til eventen vil dansere fra Sveriges kongelige ballet fortolke en central scene fra Halo, hvor de er stylet i tøj fra Bruuns Bazaar. Balletten er koreograferet af den anerkendte finske koreograf Alexandra Campbell.

Machinima er en helt ny filmgenre, hvor man kobler eksisterende sange med fiktive universer. Halo-universet er blevet genstand for Machinima entusiasters bearbejdelse, og til koncerten vises den helt nye Halo-machinima.

Det svenske punk-rock band Backyard Babies, der udover at være store Halo fans også har bragt ’sleaze rock’ til Skandinavian, fortolker også temaer fra Halo. Hele aftenen bakkes op af Sveriges Radio Symfoniorkester.

Now few of you will understand any if anything of that so ill roughly sum it up.

Danish Rock Band Magtens Korridorer will perform.

Danish fashion house Bruuns Bazaar is designing 3 stylished halo 3 t-shirt mixed with elements of halo 3 and their own designs. Creating a must have for halo fans and style concious scandinavians.

The swedish royal ballet will perform a central scene from halo dressed in clothes from Bruuns Bazaar. Its being choreographed by famous finnish person Alexandra Campbell.

They will show something called a Machinima set in the Halo universe what ever the hell that is.

Swedish Punk Rock band Backyard Babies will perform halo tunes with help from the Swedish Radio Symfony Ochestra!

If this thing wasnt in stockholm it would be fun to see.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 14, 2007 17:43
I' m in STockholm,but have to much to study for :/
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 14, 2007 18:11
Lol how much studying can you have so you cant take one evening off? just dont play blue dragon at all, and you should be able to go!"
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 14, 2007 19:09
Eiether I study the whole night or I play Command & conquer 3 or Rogue galaxy,or COD4 beta.

I need to get back to BD,but cant invest that much time in one game yet,until I finished halo3+and done my fucking lame motha fucking math test.

ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 17, 2007 11:54
I have time but don' t feel like driving 250-300 km to Stockholm for Halo (not too interested actually). I think it' s weird to have some artsy (fartsy :P ) things like that coupled with a straight forward first person shooter by the way. Something like MGS would suit better with the more dramatic, deeper storytelling and Kojima' s messages.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 17, 2007 13:12

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

They will show something called a Machinima set in the Halo universe what ever the hell that is.

You know, movies made using the game, like Red versus Blue.
locopuyo

RE: Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 17, 2007 13:13
Uh have you actually played Halo?

ORIGINAL: ys

I have time but don' t feel like driving 250-300 km to Stockholm for Halo (not too interested actually). I think it' s weird to have some artsy (fartsy :P ) things like that coupled with a straight forward first person shooter by the way. Something like MGS would suit better with the more dramatic, deeper storytelling and Kojima' s messages.

ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 19, 2007 04:22

Uh have you actually played Halo?

Ehm, yeah. Why? I didn' t like it though, but that goes for most FPS for me. So it doesn' t say much about Halo actually (which I played at a friend' s place). I just think that certain other games would suit better with something " artsy" surrounding it. Besides that, I think that someone wouldn' t even have to play the game really to have an opinion on how certain things like ballet (conveniently dressed in clothes from a participating fashion house) mix up with action-oriented FPS. It feels out of context to me. Kind of like a ballet performance of scenes from Die Hard. Doing so, it diminishes the value of both forms of expression (delicate against raw) in a way. Leaving something awkward in the end that often leaves a forced pseudo-artistic impression.

Do you think that Halo is " deeper" than MGS for example or something like Shadow of the Colossus by the way? I personally think that those for example feel a bit more epic and are better suited with " art-like events" . Especially the stuff from Team Ico. Since their whole presentation and goal is more different.

Anyway, the whole thing just feels...tacky to me. It feels as if a bunch of individuals are trying to ride some popular wave for the moment and show off themselves/have personal gain by associating with Halo. I seriously doubt that the majority of them care very much about the game or games in general. It' s like : Oh, look at us. We also like video games (now that it' s a bit more accepted in the mainstream). I can' t really explain it but I' m not a fan of events like these usually :P Probably due to a very commercial feel of it. But hey, that' s just my opinion ;)
locopuyo

RE: Halo 3: Scandinavian Launch Party in Stockholm - Sep 19, 2007 08:51
I get what you' re saying with the cloths designers. I don' t think that really goes along with any video game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll