Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3: Recon
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Halo 3: Recon - Oct 09, 2008 17:58
Medium WMV
Large WMV

The stand-alone expansion, set to release in fall 2009, extends the award-winning Halo® 3 experience with hours of new campaign excursions and multiplayer gameplay. In addition, attendees were given an all-new glimpse of the Xbox 360 exclusive strategy game Halo Wars from Ensemble Studios. The campaign mode provided a thrilling taste of the revolutionary gameplay and new perspective of the Halo universe.

This new chapter in the Halo universe includes the following:

* All-new campaign content: The Halo 3: Recon campaign is an intriguing side story that takes place during the terrifying events leading up to the Master Chief’s return to New Mombasa in Halo 3. Experience the fate of Earth from the brand-new perspective of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), adding a unique outlook and new gameplay elements to the events that unfold in the trilogy’s finale. While the feel of this new chapter greatly resembles that of previous Halo experiences, Halo 3: Recon will require you to employ more elements of stealth and cunning than ever before.
* Prepare to drop: Known for their courage, valor and, at times, insanity, ODSTs are among the fiercest UNSC soldiers, priding themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations. While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these "Hell Jumpers" more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve.
* Expanded multiplayer collection:No Halo experience would be complete without groundbreaking multiplayer content, and Halo 3: Recon gives fans more of what they love. With exclusive new maps and expanded Forge options, Xbox LIVE® Gold members will find more multiplayer content than ever before with Halo 3: Recon.
* Ever-growing community options: Enjoy all the great Halo 3 technological innovations, including Saved Films, screenshots, Campaign Scoring, and four-player co-op. All of the new multiplayer maps fully support the Forge editor, offering endless gameplay customization possibilities.

I'd get on 'em, Nitro. Those mo'fo's jacked your idea.

Anyway, it hits Fall 2009... your thoughts?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 09, 2008 18:07
Looking forward to it, but a year seems like a long time away.  Hopefully the maps are interchangeable with Halo 3's maps.

By the way, did you hear that they're getting ready to implement a new feature which enables you to render saved films?  So you have another option other than getting a capture card.  It'll be for Bungie Pro users only, but that's like $10/year. 
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 09, 2008 18:42
There's a free workaround for that, but it'll be a good source of revenue for Bungie. YouTube better prepare for some massive montage spamming.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 09, 2008 19:38
At last a new main character - hopefully he's not as all-american hero as The Master Chef. 

The trailer looked more atmospheric than what we're used to in Halo, as if we might be able to explore the Halo universe a little more than the usual go A to B shoot everything in your way format.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 09, 2008 21:19
Are you fucking serious? A year? Why would you make a teaser trailer(and upload achievements) for a fucking expansion? What is this, WoW? This thing better be huge. Knowing Bungie, it'll probably be $30 for a half done story. My only hope right now is that they're trying to compete with games like CoD by changing the gameplay.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 09, 2008 21:53
choupolo

At last a new main character - hopefully he's not as all-american hero as The Master Chef. 

The trailer looked more atmospheric than what we're used to in Halo, as if we might be able to explore the Halo universe a little more than the usual go A to B shoot everything in your way format.

Um, how is someone from another planet "all-american"? And at least a quarter of the marines had british or australian accents in Halo 1.

Personally I hope the new character is Irish, former IRA, that sorta thing.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 09, 2008 22:17
He was from another planet?  I guess they have a lot in common.  Sound a lot like George Clooney.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 09, 2008 23:26

all-american hero

...Did somebody say american hero?!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 10, 2008 08:09
Eddie_the_Hated

Halo 4, built from the ground up by a different team, with far darker art direction and more realistic graphics. That's what they needed. Not this.

The thing is, i know it's not going to be half the game it ought to be, and yet i know i'll be buying it on day one. Halo is a strange phenomenon.

immortaldanmx

Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 10, 2008 10:39
Nitro

Eddie_the_Hated

Halo 4, built from the ground up by a different team, with far darker art direction and more realistic graphics. That's what they needed. Not this.

The thing is, i know it's not going to be half the game it ought to be, and yet i know i'll be buying it on day one. Halo is a strange phenomenon.

Judging by the team theyre assembling for Halo 4, that might be an actual possibility.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 10, 2008 14:05
Crysis is the new Halo.

There's so much that needs changing to the Halo formula that i suspect Microsoft don't have the minerals to do it. It would mean creating a game that felt completely different, with a new player character, new mechanics, different art direction... the lot. It would no longer be Halo, and that's the problem they face.

Now, Microsoft don't actually need Halo anymore. They have Gears. But with the right team and the right design alterations they could have something so much more. If i were in charge, i'd probably sack 360 and create a fuck awesome launch title for their next machine and re-invent the franchise proper.
immortaldanmx

Re:Halo 3: Recon - Oct 11, 2008 04:24
Nitro

Crysis is the new Halo.

There's so much that needs changing to the Halo formula that i suspect Microsoft don't have the minerals to do it. It would mean creating a game that felt completely different, with a new player character, new mechanics, different art direction... the lot. It would no longer be Halo, and that's the problem they face.

Now, Microsoft don't actually need Halo anymore. They have Gears. But with the right team and the right design alterations they could have something so much more. If i were in charge, i'd probably sack 360 and create a fuck awesome launch title for their next machine and re-invent the franchise proper.

But isnt that the supposed move with the new "Halo 4" team? To create a launch title for the next system?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll