Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 Lab tested
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Halo 3 Lab tested - Aug 22, 2007 02:28
Fucked up

I wonder how its going to turn out lol!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Halo 3 Lab tested - Aug 22, 2007 07:48
How important can it really be for Mom to find Halo 3 enjoyable? Chances are the setting and style won' t even appeal to moms in the first place.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Halo 3 Lab tested - Aug 22, 2007 08:53
Smart move by Bungie. They' re making sure their games remain universally enjoyable, instead of just making a game for people who have always been fans.
I wish more companies would do that, it would cut down on the frustration factor of a lot of titles.

Some companies don' t seem to realize when a game crosses the line between challenging and fun v.s. frustrating and annoying.

For example, consider the QTE' s in Shenmue II. Specifially, the part where you have to walk on all those boards.
The first time it was kind of cool but pretty easy. Second time challenge increased, I fell a few times, but it was still fun. After that, the fun was gone it just kept getting harder and more frustrating. I distinctly remember shutting off my Dreamcast when I got to one point because I simply wasn' t in the mood to do that crap again. I eventually finished it, but I can' t really say I enjoyed that part.
I think if Sega had done testing along the lines Bungie is doing here that sequence would have been far shorter, or it wouldn' t have been such a crucial part of the game.
Of course that' s a personal experience. But I' m willing to bet that everyone here has reached a point in a game they really enjoyed only to have the experience marred by a particularly frustrating challenge. I' m talking about the type that just makes you wonder why the hell it' s even in the game.

A game' s difficulty should never bring the gameplay to a grinding halt.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 3 Lab tested - Aug 22, 2007 09:22
if bungie think moms gonna start and play halo3 they' re retarded there is nothing in there for them.
And they have no idea wht the game is about anyway,
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Halo 3 Lab tested - Aug 22, 2007 10:29
The point was to test a complete novice...
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Halo 3 Lab tested - Aug 22, 2007 10:29

if bungie think moms gonna start and play halo3 they' re retarded there is nothing in there for them.

I dunno, the scorpion tank could make a pretty nifty soccer van
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Halo 3 Lab tested - Aug 22, 2007 16:42

How important can it really be for Mom to find Halo 3 enjoyable?

Actually if ever my Mom enjoyed a game I would know it must be junk. It would have to be the simplest tripe....
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 3 Lab tested - Aug 22, 2007 17:09
Well the article calls her a geek and not a mom, though one doesnt prohobit the other, i think its safe to say she is a gamer of some sort!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll