Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 24, 2008 01:19
How original.....
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 24, 2008 02:22
We all knew it was coming, but I think they will do a worse job than Rock Band, not to mention the head start that Harmonix has on them is a considerable advantage.

I' m sure as hell not going to buy two super expensive sets of instruments that aren' t even compatible with eachother. So that counts Guitar Hero(Band Hero?) out.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 24, 2008 02:28
They just saw the success and now want a slice of the pie.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 24, 2008 06:39
It' s a right thick move on Activision' s part, that' s for sure.

Instead of making a feeble attempt to keep up with Rock Band' s controllers, they need to keep a steady flow of new songs at competitive prices, to undercut Rock Band.

The lasting appeal of both franchises won' t be in the new hardware, it' s going to be the DLC, and as it stands, Rock Band is owning them with their plan, especially the full-album releases.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 24, 2008 12:52

“It’s not just about guitars. We’ll include a lot of other instruments, vocals.”

Guitar Hero. Are you fucking serious?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 24, 2008 15:10
People should be shot for buying Rock Band in the first case!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 24, 2008 15:53

People should be shot for buying Rock Band in the first case!

How so? It slaps the shit out of Guitar Hero.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 24, 2008 16:09

How so? It slaps the shit out of Guitar Hero.

I hate useless periphials and paying a fortune to play one single game
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 25, 2008 01:48
How is Rock Band ' not wanting a slice of Guitar Hero' s pie' in the first place? It has EAs name attached to it, which is enough to put me off, including Vx' s reasons. [:' (]

It' s such a good marketing ploy though to buy licenses to music and sell them with different coloured blobs attached for a profit.

There are even free programs that do it to mp3s - anyone played a game called Audiosurf? Theres a demo on Steam. Suddenly the tracklisting becomes your whole mp3 collection!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 25, 2008 02:59

I hate useless periphials and paying a fortune to play one single game

They' re not useless. How are you supposed to sing with an Xbox controller?
mastachefbkw

RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 25, 2008 06:36

They' re not useless. How are you supposed to sing with an Xbox controller?
Oh....Don' t get me started
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 25, 2008 20:11
Dude, Rock Band is FUN! People can call it useless, or whatever they want, and hate on EA too, but the bottom line is they got it right! For those that can' t appreciate it, oh well! More good times for me, and my friends! And, yes, that it includes my hot lady friends as well!
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 25, 2008 20:16
I want full blown chamber orchestra hero - then we can all play proper music,
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 26, 2008 01:01

Dude, Rock Band is FUN! People can call it useless, or whatever they want, and hate on EA too, but the bottom line is they got it right! For those that can' t appreciate it, oh well! More good times for me, and my friends! And, yes, that it includes my hot lady friends as well!

Heh, now you and your hot friends can sign up to the advert which focuses mainly on you in front of the sofa wearing sunglasses and a leather jacket indoors. Remember 2 girls 2 boys.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 26, 2008 01:30

ORIGINAL: Ornodeal

I want full blown chamber orchestra hero - then we can all play proper music,

No Philharmonic Hero, conduct some of the worlds greatest Philharmonic orchestra using the Xboxmote/Wiimote/Sixaxis.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 26, 2008 05:27
excellent, I' ll buy it.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 26, 2008 07:25
they should make triangle hero.

the day when Guitar hero vs. Drum hero: Battle of the Legends of Rock IV sells millions... is the day i lose faith.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 25 Apr 08 23:26:47 >
mastachefbkw

RE: Guitar Hero Innovates With Addition of More Instruments - Apr 26, 2008 07:46
No bagpipe hero?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message