Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Grindhouse - 3hours of fun!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Grindhouse - 3hours of fun! - Apr 07, 2007 10:52
Ok so some of deathproof had some lenghty talking sequences but Taretino is good with that stuff. However everything else wa sjust fun. I was surprised so many people showed up for a 3 hour movie of this nature. Even more surprised when people clapped at the end. I havent had fun watchiung a movie with a large crowd in ages.

So gather all yer friends and family and go out for a jolly good time!

And when it comes to DVD expect that maybe those feux trailers you see within the film arnt entirely fake.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7 Apr 07 3:10:28 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Grindhouse - 3hours of fun! - Apr 07, 2007 23:02
I am looking forward to this. I will go to see it soon!

I heard that the Zombie film, Planet Terror I think, is not as good as The other film by Tarantino, But I enjoyed Sin city and 300, So I might like it.

Which order do the films come in?

And its a bit confuseing, first you got your offical film trailers as usual, then you got one movie, then you got your fake movie trailers, and then the second movie. All 3 hours long.

Crazy!
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 7 Apr 07 15:02:41 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Grindhouse - 3hours of fun! - Apr 08, 2007 08:33
Planet Terror is First and then Death Proof. Be sure to drink lots of cola. Your bladder can handle it! Most people I' ve heard from like Planet Terror better because Death Proof is just long-winded talking for the most part, though it supposedly begins and ends well.

Also, no theater in the history of existence has ever shown a " missing reel" snipe onscreen if there was a reel missing. In fact, if there was a missing reel (very, very unlikely) they' d just get another print before the engagement started.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 8 Apr 07 0:34:55 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Grindhouse - 3hours of fun! - Apr 08, 2007 17:20

if there was a missing reel (very, very unlikely) they' d just get another print before the engagement started.

The experience is to recreate those old shoddy places called " grindhouses" , rarely did those places have the funds to get another print. But yeah, they wouldn' t put "
reel missing" that is a little off.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Grindhouse - 3hours of fun! - Apr 08, 2007 23:48
I think its to let the people know there is a missing reel. It does break the forth wall somewhat though thinking about it.
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Grindhouse - 3hours of fun! - Apr 10, 2007 07:21
First movie: FING AWESOME
Second Movie: boring as hell
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Grindhouse - 3hours of fun! - Apr 10, 2007 08:44

The experience is to recreate those old shoddy places called " grindhouses" , rarely did those places have the funds to get another print.

It would cost the theater $0 to get another print. It would be paid for by the distributer for shipping them an incomplete print.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll