Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 " Grand Theft Auto For Girls"
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
" Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 25, 2007 04:27

While boys are into things like carjacking, beating passers-by to death and sniping the heads off of local law enforcement types, this sort of harmless fun just doesn' t appeal to the fairer sex. Hence, Coolest Girl In School, which is being pitched as " Grand Theft Auto for girls" by mobile game developer Champagne for the Ladies. It replaces all that boyish drug-running and random violence with stuff girls like: experimenting with drugs, using sexuality for personal gain and clawing to the top of the social order by any means necessary. It' s fun on the go!

Although the game is marketed as adhering to a distasteful representation of the high school social hierarchy, letting players " lie, bitch, [and] flirt" to get ahead, the creators say it' s " tongue-in-cheek" fun.

Content wise, it' s nothing we' ve never seen before, but.... C' mon man! A game about social hierarchy in High-School? That was painful enough the first time around!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 25, 2007 04:48
I wouldn' t know anything about social hierarchy in HS. I went to a small HS where everyone knows everyone. No one was bullied, no one was uber popular.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 25, 2007 11:03
Wow, I am speechless...
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 25, 2007 15:40
i pitched this idea to my GF....

Now the game has its first enemy...(she was picked on in school)
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 25, 2007 18:53
Oh video game developers please forget about the existence of females on this world and start concentrating on making more man-games!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 25, 2007 20:26
The developer is a mobile game developer. Do you guys have any idea of how many crappy mobile games there are? How many rip-offs there are? Believe me, this is a relatively good idea coming from a mobile developer.
I want more information on this. What' s your source?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 25 Nov 07 12:27:02 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 25, 2007 20:31

I want more information on this. What' s your source?

No. Just no.
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 26, 2007 01:43
GTA for girls? Why girls like gta aswell o.O my sis plays it my friend sisters all play it... whats the problem. Girls like killing hookers too.
This game is just retarded.

Edit: Hell i just asked my gf and she likes it too.
< Message edited by Grant delmore -- 25 Nov 07 17:44:08 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 26, 2007 02:19
I picked it up from Kotaku. Probably the third page back now.

I wouldn' t know anything about social hierarchy in HS. I went to a small HS where everyone knows everyone. No one was bullied, no one was uber popular.

That' d be nice. I don' t ever take much crap, I happen to be the relatively funny, socially well connected geek who " puts lights in Xboxes" . However, I have no clue what a small high-school would be like. My school' s got a 3 story main building, a pool, 5 tennis courts, 3 weight rooms, 2 baseball diamonds, 2 running tracks, a couple olympic sport areas (hurdles, pole vaulting), 2 enormous cafeterias and 4000-3000 students. (Nobody ever really bothers taking much of a count. Our school' s technically a " dropout factory" , meaning less than 60% of the incoming freshman graduate, so it' s always in flux.)
Chimura

RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 26, 2007 13:13
Is always nice to be the " guy or girl that just goes around every group, not really being the center of attention, yet never picked on and gets along with everyone" . Being the class clown, I had fun, the probably laughed at me (not with me) but saved me pains and just plain " hierarchy" related crap, as I listen to no one, yet did as I pleased and got away with it
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 26, 2007 13:15
There was about 700 people in my HS from ages 12-17. About 100 students in my grade level. Very basic, a football field, a cafeteria and a gymnasium. I' ve never even seen a large school of 1000+. Ive seen them on TV. It' s hard for me to imagine students actually fall into these stereotypes that are portrayed on TV. I didn' t go to a school with nerds or jocks, it wasn' t visable at least. Half the people there I' ve been going to school with since I was in grade 1. We might not have all been friends but there difinitely was a mutual respect.

I hate crowds of people. I would have loathed being in a big school. Then again, I would have been able to sell a lot more weed. I can' t say I would be too conserned about being bullied though. I' d gladly put them out of their misery. I' m a loner but I can' t imagine anyone picking on me. I have the appearence of a mean/violent disposition. I' ve noticed that some people are nervous when they first meet me, even before I speak. Probably because I' m always pissed off about something.
Chimura

RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 26, 2007 13:24
My own mother says I always look pissed, yet no one, except her, seems to think otherwise. Ghost, I would talk to you, I always started random conversations with people I' ve never seen in my life. It makes things like waiting in line at the DMV the more fun
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 26, 2007 20:59
He wouldnt talk back.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: " Grand Theft Auto For Girls" - Nov 28, 2007 08:18
Better him than Loco, you' d get cut to death in line... and he' d get away with it too.

Being around so many people had it' s advantages. I don' t have an aversion to large crowds whatsoever, and have no problem navigating my way around or through crowds, or up large lines (If I chose to eat the hellish slop they serve, it' s a 10-15 minute wait in line at the very least, so being able to sneak in & out as needed has it' s advantages.)

There isn' t really that sense of community you' re talking about... at all. I know various people in the halls by either their first or last name, all very vaguely (IE, I lift weights with them or something like that), but the majority of my lifelong friends don' t even attend my school, so it' s not that big of an issue for me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll