Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned.
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 82
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 12, 2008 08:53
Via IGN

If you' ve read the latest issue of EGM, you' ve probably cried over the apparently silent death of an Xbox Live Arcade version of Rare and Nintendo' s classic James Bond shooter for the Nintendo 64, GoldenEye 007. Quartermann' s rumor mongering didn' t elaborate much, but there' s definitely more to the story.

The GoldenEye port has been in development at Rare for several months, and was never intended as a remake. The XBLA version would have featured the same graphics, maps and weapons from the N64 version, but with the crucial addition of online multiplayer over Xbox Live. Several characters wouldn' t make the cut due to licensing issues with certain actors.

Unfortunately, the reason GoldenEye for XBLA died came down to money. Our source close to Rare said the conversion was a mere two months from completion, but Microsoft and Nintendo couldn' t agree on the financial side of things. The point of contention, as our source puts it: would Nintendo receive a one-time fee for the rights to the game, or a continuing cut of the XBLA revenues? The latter seems to make sense for everyone, but apparently it wasn' t that easy.

From what we' re told, the best way to get this port back on track is to show Microsoft and Nintendo how badly you want it. If it all comes down to money, show ' em that you want to give yours. As soon as we hear anything more, we' ll let you know.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 12, 2008 10:02
They should just put the original PD on there instead. More features, better multiplayer, no licensing issues.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 12, 2008 12:31
I think they should put both. Sure PD is superior, but Goldeneye is just an awesome game that deserves to be put out again for people to replay.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 12, 2008 12:48
Yeah I think most people agree that the original PD is better than Goldeneye that played it. But PD came out too late. People were playing Dreamcast when it came out and there were much better FPS' s on PC (Quake 3, UT, HL) and some on Dreamcast too.

Point is it wasn' t nearly as popular as Goldeneye, which was the first good console FPS.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 12, 2008 20:22
I loved both Goldeneye and PD on the 64, but Quake III coming to XBLA makes them both(and most proper 360 shooters) irrelevant.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 12, 2008 22:21
Goldeneye Played and still plays great with the N64 stick and trigger, not sure if it would bring the same effect on a 360 pad.

but Quake III coming to XBLA makes them both(and most proper 360 shooters) irrelevant.

IS it? Quake 3 owns all MP FPS hands down but do you really think most 360 owners are going to apreciate it? For a start they are just going to be dissing it' s visuals (although quake III has aged really well but it not about visuals).

Secondly: its WAY too fast to what most 360 owners are used to.

Finally: Quake III on a Pad will suck and defeat the object of the game in the first place..

Looking at my dreamcast now, thinking how that brought the most pin-point, intense multiplayer FPS experience to console, the skills i was pulling off on Q3 on my humble DC M&K is unparalleled.

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 12 Jan 08 14:24:32 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 12, 2008 22:57

IS it? Quake 3 owns all MP FPS hands down but do you really think most 360 owners are going to apreciate it? For a start they are just going to be dissing it' s visuals (although quake III has aged really well but it not about visuals).

Secondly: its WAY too fast to what most 360 owners are used to.

Do you have some kind of secret stats over what kind of people the 360 owners are? Or are you just assuming things based on your own biased view?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 12, 2008 23:58

Do you have some kind of secret stats over what kind of people the 360 owners are? Or are you just assuming things based on your own biased view?

For once he is partly right! the game wont play as it should be on the 360, lack of MK support will kill it.

Any controller is simply too slow to play a game like this. MS should cut the crap and include full mk support, maybe with a tag that makes them unable to join games with people with traditional controls
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 00:13

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

For once he is partly right! the game wont play as it should be on the 360, lack of MK support will kill it.

Any controller is simply too slow to play a game like this. MS should cut the crap and include full mk support, maybe with a tag that makes them unable to join games with people with traditional controls

Yeah thats true . But i think ginj was enquiring about his other two statements ,

1) For a start they are just going to be dissing it' s visuals (although quake III has aged really well but it not about visuals).

2)Secondly: its WAY too fast to what most 360 owners are used to.

I dont think people would diss the visuals . For a XBLA title it would look decent .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 12 Jan 08 16:14:44 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 00:26
VF seems to think 360 players haven' t seen a videogame before the launch of 360, and they play it exclusively. NO!

I imagine the vaste majority of 360 players know what Quake 3 is, and I bet the ones that have played it didn' t waste time on the pansie DC version.

A twitch shooter like this either belongs on the PC or GTFO.
ginjirou

RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 01:10

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

VF seems to think 360 players haven' t seen a videogame before the launch of 360, and they play it exclusively. NO!

That is what bothered me. Perhaps I should' ve clarified it in my post.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 03:01

I imagine the vaste majority of 360 players know what Quake 3 is, and I bet the ones that have played it didn' t waste time on the pansie DC version.

Hes a ***ing fag anyway. 360 owners are what you call " hardcore gamers" . You know, the kind that make the attach rate of a console far higher than his precious Wii. Guess what, hardcore gamers typically have been playing since a young age. I myself started on NES at age 4, and most people I know who own 360' s or PS3' s have been gaming since a young age. I cant say the same for Wii, since if you own a Wii as your main form of games and you play it daily, you are either 5 or pleased with pointless party games. Mario Party 29 FTW!

and I bet the ones that have played it didn' t waste time on the pansie DC version.

Lol, half of my Computer Repair class nearly failed because of Quake III and Age of Empires II(2 of the few fun MP games we could run on the schools shit computers). I did own the DC version though, but after my DC mouse died it never got played again.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 12 Jan 08 19:04:11 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 03:43
I could beat a 1337 german player using DC mouse and keyboard while I used controller in Quake 3. Yep, I' m that good. It isn' t that bad if everyone has to use a controller. As long as they do the control controls right.
Hopefully they make it so you can move in 360 degrees, on PC and DC you could only move 8 ways because you had to use buttons. It will kind of ruin the feel if you can only move 8 ways.

Are there any links to this game or anything? It better have 4 player split screen with live and network play. Also it better have all of the options the DC version had.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 04:22

Hes a ***ing fag anyway.

What is that ment to do? get me angry, i mean Damm, im currently juggling 4 different (Fit) Ladies on all sides of the Globe and ur calling me a fag? ROFL. Go have a wank you fool.

No, logic... Most Xbox owners love Halo and it' s Slooooooooooooooow pace. Quake III' s Pace will Frighten the Shit outta them.

So you could say that about the many down-ported PC to 360 titles, accept they they are even worst as none have retained the M&K controls the awesome DC conversion of Q3 did..

I could beat a 1337 german player using DC mouse and keyboard while I used controller in Quake 3.

Couldnt see that atall.. He had to be shit then..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 12 Jan 08 20:30:31 >
ginjirou

RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 04:42

No, logic... Most Xbox owners love Halo and it' s Slooooooooooooooow pace. Quake III' s Pace will Frighten the Shit outta them.

Just because they love Halo it doesn' t mean they ONLY love Halo.
It' s like saying I can' t love F-Zero GX because I love Forza 2.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 05:00

i mean Damm, im currently juggling 4 different (Fit) Ladies on all sides of the Globe and ur calling me a fag? ROFL. Go have a wank you fool.

does a statement like that make you feel cool and grown up?
Virtua fighter 5

RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 05:07

Hes a ***ing fag anyway

does a statement like that make you feel cool and grown up?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 05:26

What is that ment to do? get me angry, i mean Damm, im currently juggling 4 different (Fit) Ladies on all sides of the Globe and ur calling me a fag? ROFL. Go have a wank you fool.

Somehow, I don' t believe you.

Anyone who responds to the " fag" insult by claiming how much of a pimp, or player they are, is definitely not telling the truth. The real men either shrug it off or make a joke out of it, they don' t try and start a pissing contest.
ginjirou

RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 05:51

i mean Damm, im currently juggling 4 different (Fit) Ladies on all sides of the Globe

What does that mean? I don' t get the word " juggle" . Or the " (Fit)" for that part either.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GoldenEye for XBLA Near Complete... then Binned. - Jan 13, 2008 07:12
The Dreamcast version of Quake 3 was good, but i rarely played it as i had the game on PC. The simple fact that it had proper mouse & keyboard support should say something about not only the game but about Dreamcast as well.

Could the 360 controller really work with the game?

No.

It' d play well to a point, but things like Plasma Climbing and Rocket Jumping would be extremely difficult. Without aim-assist using the Railgun would be nigh impossible, and with it it removes half of the required skill. Without mouse & keyboard support the game would be broken. The PS3 version of UT3 plays slower than the PC version because even though it has mouse & keyboard support most people will play it with a pad.

And what the fuck' s all this talk about having bitches at each end of the universe???

Seriously...

Frankie boy, check your messages.
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 82

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message