Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gears of War 2
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 00:27
Hasn' t been officially announced yet, ...but that isn' t stopping Amazon from taking pre-orders or Next-Gen.biz from covering it...

LINK

In an industry where more games are announced by patent applications or retail websites starting to take pre-orders, this kind of thing can' t be overlooked.

Sure, it could just be a slow news day over at Next-Gen, but November 08 is when i expected gears anyway so...

Lets hope for an official announcement soon eh!?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 02:12
My personal guess was late 08,it make sense,GoW would take around 1.5-2 years said cliffy.

Well,at that time it gone 2 years.

And yes just because Epic hasnt announced it yet doesnt mean it not under development,im pretty sure stuff like the forest level that was taken out will be included etc.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 02:20
Here is hoping that since they already have the engine and gameplay mechanics done, along with backstory and art direction, that they focus on a better storyline, and more character development. Wouldn' t mind seeing more different foes this time either.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 03:07

Here is hoping that since they already have the engine and gameplay mechanics done, along with backstory and art direction, that they focus on a better storyline, and more character development. Wouldn' t mind seeing more different foes this time either.

Agreed. A longer campaign would also be welcomed. Either way, at least we know game-play wise, it should be good.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 04:21

Sure, it could just be a slow news day over at Next-Gen, but November 08 is when i expected gears anyway so...

November 2008 if they' re really efficient, but my money' s personally on 2009, judging by the amount of other high end delayed titles. Is there any direct causation? No, but I' d imagine they would delay the game if it meant the difference between an 8.5 and a 9.8.
Nitro

RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 04:40

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

November 2008 if they' re really efficient, but my money' s personally on 2009, judging by the amount of other high end delayed titles. Is there any direct causation? No, but I' d imagine they would delay the game if it meant the difference between an 8.5 and a 9.8.

What?

In Nov 2008 the original game will be 2 years old. The engine is already fully optimized for the hardware and there was content cut from the original game that didn' t even make it into the PC version. 2 years development for a game that' s using the same engine is actually pretty long. Ubisoft released GRAW 2 a year after the first game and had completely overhauled their engine resulting is a much better looking game.

It' ll be late 2008 to compete with Killzone 2.
Chimura

RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 05:24
And GRAW 2 was just as good too.
Nitro

RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 06:12

ORIGINAL: Chimura

And GRAW 2 was just as good too.

Did i tell you you' re my favourite new poster?
Chimura

RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 07:19

Did i tell you you' re my favourite new poster?

Is this sarcasm? Or I am I really fun!?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 09:56
Nope I still have to get graw 2, dunno If I will, the multi was disapointing...
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 11:44

Nope I still have to get graw 2, dunno If I will, the multi was disapointing...

At the very least it is a must rent.

Thats what I did for the 360 and I sometimes wish I purchased it. It' s a shame the campaign is so short. I have yet to play the 360 multi extensively.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 19:48
I just thought about a Gears of War 2, and how Epic have never really failed on
a game and WO-oW. All of a sudden my head caved in with possibilities, seeing
as Gears is the only online game I still play to this day which is great! Only
because I kick so much ass at it, but can' t be bothered to do ranked matches
because it takes too long and you usually get bunched with a string of social
misfits that use the Lancer at close range, which is ok if you' re the host, but not if
you' re on a lagged connection and crap.

Anyway, ROLL ON GEARS 2!!!!

Any chance of it being released on the PS3 as well? Or has the brand been bought
by Microsoft?
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 20:11

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Any chance of it being released on the PS3 as well? Or has the brand been bought
by Microsoft?

Microsoft will have had first refusal for the sequel... and they obviously wouldn' t refuse.

I' d expect it to be 360 exclusive, even if it wasn' t secure in the original games contract. Microsoft would pay through the nose to keep it 360 only and Epic know it.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 19, 2007 21:15
Ok so everyone wants to play Gears 2, but a Star Wars FPS set in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight universe. Awesome!!

All the games it mention sound awesome with the exception of Aliens, it could be really bad. I can' t wait for this possibilities to become realities.

Chimura

RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 20, 2007 01:50
I loved DF and JK! I hope that if they do make a sequel, they bring it back to the quality of the first two. Jedi Outcast wasn' t bad, but it was already starting to step down in terms of story and Jedi Academy was just...well, I wasn' t to fond of it.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 20, 2007 03:43

Jedi Academy was just...well, I wasn' t to fond of it.

What!? The multiplayer was so easy to take advantage of it was fun. Force choke plus lightsaber throw = cheap ownage. Or force push plus level with huge pit = amusement.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 20, 2007 04:06
im a master of force jump in the JK games, i mastered precision jumping and could get around the map instantly.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gears of War 2 - Dec 20, 2007 07:50

What?

In Nov 2008 the original game will be 2 years old. The engine is already fully optimized for the hardware and there was content cut from the original game that didn' t even make it into the PC version. 2 years development for a game that' s using the same engine is actually pretty long. Ubisoft released GRAW 2 a year after the first game and had completely overhauled their engine resulting is a much better looking game.

It' ll be late 2008 to compete with Killzone 2.

I' m not really making that assumption based on Epic' s ability as a developer, they' re top-notch. I' m making the assumption based on retailers notorious inability to predict game releases. This early in the game (using game metaphorically speaking), I' d imagine it' d be difficult to peg down a specific date for release. They' ve been working with the engine for a couple years now, but if a game needs more time, it needs more time.

One of the original Gears' drawbacks was it' s length. While a decent length on Insane, it felt a little quick for those of us who don' t particularly enjoy playing all their games through on Very Hard/European Hard/Insane/Veteran. I' d assume that as it was one of the few faults reviewers found in the game, it' d be one of their goals is to make this one longer than the original. A longer game takes longer to develop, bottom line.

I' ll eat my words if it does end up going head to head (directly speaking) with Killzone 2, but I' m not going to put any store on this until some more " inside sources" or Epic status updates hit the media.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll